Can Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah cover Kelce as effectively as Lavonte David?

NewEra

JOK?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade 30, 93 and 2022 3rd rd pick for JOK

I haven’t watched any of his full games.  Strictly highlights and some casual watching during his career. His cover skills look legit.  To those in the know, how is his discipline?  Is he easily baited by QBs eyes and play action?  If he can be what we thought Edmunds might be, a TE stopper, we should trade up and snag him. He’s a Jack of all trades and exactly what this D needs.  It’s a rare skill set and he could be a superstar of used correctly. We could use someone to cover Kelce and possibly Pitts if he goes to Miami,  

thoughts?  Worth trading up for?

Edited by NewEra
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I haven’t watched any of his full games.  Strictly highlights and some casual watching during his career. His cover skills look legit.  To those in the know, how is his discipline?  Is he easily baited by QBs eyes and play action?  If he can be what we thought Edmunds might be, a TE stopper, we should trade up and snag him. He’s a Jack of all trades and exactly what this D needs.  It’s a rare skill set and he could be a superstar of used correctly. We could use someone to cover Kelce and possibly Pitts if he goes to Miami,  

thoughts?  Worth trading up for?

The problem with that is in zone coverage an elite tight end will find the soft spot the majority of the time.. especially when the quarterback has time to throw 

Tremaine has done a good job of clogging up passing lanes for the majority of his career which is what McDermott asks

In McDermott's nickel defense which is basically his base.. in man-to-man Tremaine is lined up on running backs alot 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, papazoid said:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

LB - Notre Dame

Thanks Papzoid.  I had no idea who they were talking about and I like ND.  I’ve just always known him by his given name.

Born Again,  I read he declared as he finished his Junior year.  He’s undersized so he’d have to play more of a big nickel safety as he’s a tweaner.  I wouldn’t have a problem with him in the 3rd round, but our 1st is probably going to be an Edge Rusher, CB, or not my choice anymore, but RB.

Edited by machine gun kelly

It'll be tough to find a player that limits Kelce to 133 yards on 10 catches.  No.  You'd be nuts to give that much up for JOK.  Just stay put at 30 and pick BPA in position of need.  It's more likely the Bills trade up in rounds 2 or 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've watched every game of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah's career at Notre Dame. He was a 190lb LB coming out of HS in Hampton, VA. They knew he was a top tier athlete, but it took Clark Lea to put him in a position to be the most successful. In 2019 they put him at an OLB position they call the "Rover" on defense. He immediately began making an impact. His instincts are off the charts. He processes what's in front of him and attacks the ball carrier. That's why he's had 25 tfl's over the last two seasons. His closing burst is 2nd to none and when he gets to the ball carrier the pop in his pads is evident. In coverage? He can cover RB's, TE's, and slot WR's if necessary. He can run with them all. He's 6'2", 221lbs, with long arms, and he understands his roles in coverage. I think he's tailor made for this defense to play that Thomas Davis role and can easily add another 10lbs without the loss of any athleticism. He absolutely could cover Kelce and would be effective. 

Even with that said, I'm not trading up for anyone in this draft unless Jaycee Horn or Surtain somehow fall into the late teens. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

If he falls to 23 or around there, and if they want him there, start offering more modestly.

Again, Massey-Thaler.

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Thai food or the basketball player ?

If the Thai food is anything like pad thai or tom yum goong, it is heaven on earth and should be brought in weekly.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've watched every game of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah's career at Notre Dame. He was a 190lb LB coming out of HS in Hampton, VA. They knew he was a top tier athlete, but it took Clark Lea to put him in a position to be the most successful. In 2019 they put him at an OLB position they call the "Rover" on defense. He immediately began making an impact. His instincts are off the charts. He processes what's in front of him and attacks the ball carrier. That's why he's had 25 tfl's over the last two seasons. His closing burst is 2nd to none and when he gets to the ball carrier the pop in his pads is evident. In coverage? He can cover RB's, TE's, and slot WR's if necessary. He can run with them all. He's 6'2", 221lbs, with long arms, and he understands his roles in coverage. I think he's tailor made for this defense to play that Thomas Davis role and can easily add another 10lbs without the loss of any athleticism. He absolutely could cover Kelce and would be effective. 

Even with that said, I'm not trading up for anyone in this draft unless Jaycee Horn or Surtain somehow fall into the late teens. 

Nice summary. Thanks. You make him sound interesting.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

Wish I could find the article, but I recently read that one of the reasons Jamin Davis is jammin up the rankings is how he was able to stay with Kyle Pitts relatively well. I assume that means he could stay with Kelce?