Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

Cover for Democrats at State level and in Congress that don’t give ***t about the border - “it’s Biden’s fault” for 2024 election 

NBC’s Todd: ‘I Guess Greg Abbott Was Right’ that Dems Would Turn on Biden when They Had to Deal with Migrants

On Wednesday’s broadcast of NBC’s “MTP Now,” host Chuck Todd discussed complaints and demands for help from the federal government from Democratic officials in New York and Massachusetts about the influx of migrants in their areas and said that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) “was right” that Democratic-run cities would be angry at the Biden administration once they had to bear the weight of the migrant influx.

While teasing a segment on the “growing humanitarian crisis” in New York City and demands for federal assistance from New York, Todd said, “I guess Greg Abbott was right when he said, once he got blue cities to deal with this, that they would be very upset at the federal government.”

He added, “[T]here’s a lot of background to this story and it — the Governor of Texas had been complaining about the administration not helping for months, and he said, well, I’m going to start sending these migrants to blue states, maybe they’ll get some action. He’s turned out to be right about this that he knew that other governors — it didn’t matter Democrat or Republican — would also feel burdened by this. And sure enough, here we are.”

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/08/10/nbcs-todd-i-guess-greg-abbott-was-right-that-dems-would-turn-on-biden-when-they-had-to-deal-with-migrants/

Then an opportunity for Biden to show “he’s doing something.”

Expect some b.s. actions in the next few weeks

Edited by Big Blitz

Whoops.

I can remember when several here on PPP where upset if you wouldn't agree that this was just a "Stunt"

Now the country has seen the hypocrisy of the Left's immigration plan.

Chuck Todd admits Gov. Abbott was ‘right’ about bussing migrants to blue cities: Democrats are ‘upset’ at Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-admits-gov-abbott-right-bussing-migrants-blue-cities-dems-upset-biden?intcmp=tw_fnc

In a surprising admission Thursday, NBC's Chuck Todd said that Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott was "right" when he said bussing migrants to blue cities would turn Democratic politicians against the Biden administration and pressure the White House to get control over the border.

During a preview of an upcoming segment on "Meet the Press," Todd discussed New York City's "growing humanitarian crisis" as officials grapple with an influx of migrants overwhelming city shelters and draining its resources. As Todd spoke, images of migrants camped out on New York City streets appeared onscreen beside a frustrated Mayor Eric Adams.

"Coming up, New York City's growing humanitarian crisis. The shelter system, slammed by an influx of migrants. New calls for federal help. I guess Greg Abbott was right," Todd told viewers. "He said once he got blue cities to deal with this, that they would be very upset at the federal government."

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Whoops.

I can remember when several here on PPP where upset if you wouldn't agree that this was just a "Stunt"

Now the country has seen the hypocrisy of the Left's immigration plan.

Chuck Todd admits Gov. Abbott was ‘right’ about bussing migrants to blue cities: Democrats are ‘upset’ at Biden.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chuck-todd-admits-gov-abbott-right-bussing-migrants-blue-cities-dems-upset-biden?intcmp=tw_fnc

In a surprising admission Thursday, NBC's Chuck Todd said that Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott was "right" when he said bussing migrants to blue cities would turn Democratic politicians against the Biden administration and pressure the White House to get control over the border.

During a preview of an upcoming segment on "Meet the Press," Todd discussed New York City's "growing humanitarian crisis" as officials grapple with an influx of migrants overwhelming city shelters and draining its resources. As Todd spoke, images of migrants camped out on New York City streets appeared onscreen beside a frustrated Mayor Eric Adams.

"Coming up, New York City's growing humanitarian crisis. The shelter system, slammed by an influx of migrants. New calls for federal help. I guess Greg Abbott was right," Todd told viewers. "He said once he got blue cities to deal with this, that they would be very upset at the federal government."

The "stunt/gimmick" talk was stupid from the beginning.

• Agree 1

On 8/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, B-Man said:

None of our WNY posters want to acknowledge this ?

Still nothing ??

Erie County, N.Y., Halts Migrants Entering the County After Two Sexual Assaults in Two Weeks

BY RICK MORAN

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/08/13/erie-n-y-halts-migrants-entering-the-county-after-two-sexual-assaults-in-two-weeks-n1718860

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Still nothing ??

Erie County, N.Y., Halts Migrants Entering the County After Two Sexual Assaults in Two Weeks

BY RICK MORAN

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2023/08/13/erie-n-y-halts-migrants-entering-the-county-after-two-sexual-assaults-in-two-weeks-n1718860

I believe Poloncarz was also the one chastising anyone who dared question his decision to welcome immigrants with open arms. His tune changed real quick, someone must have told him this could impact his poll numbers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I believe Poloncarz was also the one chastising anyone who dared question his decision to welcome immigrants with open arms. His tune changed real quick, someone must have told him this could impact his poll numbers. 

The cat moments on his Twitter are almost as bad as hochal.  

I didn't see this posted yet.  But tb has been found.  Good times. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/health/ecdoh-said-an-asylum-seeker-has-been-diagnosed-with-tb-health-wny/71-afca47a2-4dc0-4fd1-a77d-82698678b995

There are about 100 illegal aliens  at hotels in Cheektowaga. Polincarz said they would be put-up  near the airport. One I believe is across the street from the airport(from what I saw on TV.) The other is the Best Western (formerly a Holiday Inn) on Dingens street in the middle of a residential district.  The illegal that raped a woman in front of her 3-year old was by the airport.  At the Best Western, a  worker was assaulted by an illegal from the Congo. That hotel only about 2 miles away and I am very familar with it as my aunt lived right across the street.  Went past it  yesterday and there were about 6 illegals milling about under the entrance overhang.

Edited by Wacka
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

All is going as planned.

CBP reports massive surge in illegal immigration for the month of July

KAREN TOWNSEND 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/20/cbp-reports-massive-surge-in-illegal-immigration-for-the-month-of-july-n572381

This is not a problem as many of our largest democrat-run cities have declared themselves to be sanctuary cities. There is room for all! 

• Like (+1) 1

Biden quietly sells off border wall material so the project can not begin again

by Karen Townsend

On Joe Biden’s first day in the White House, he put a stop to the border wall construction. Biden is vehemently anti-wall and border control.

Now the Department of Defense is quietly selling off materials that were purchased but not used. Joe Biden does not want the construction of the border wall to begin again. Republicans are trying to pass legislation to finish the wall. So, the Biden administration is selling off millions of dollars of border wall materials as quickly as possible. So far, 81 lots of 28-foot-tall hollow beams have been sold for about $2 million. 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/08/21/biden-quietly-sells-off-border-wall-material-so-the-project-can-not-begin-again-n572493

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2023/08/why-havent-you-used-your-considerable.html

The Spanish word for AOC is payasa

🤡 

"Why haven’t you used your considerable clout as a Latina leader to visit the border and highlight the ongoing issues there now, like you did during the Trump administration?"

Lulu Garcia-Navarro of the NYT asks Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez in "The Evolution of A.O.C./The congresswoman from New York says she’s different from when she first took office. But she’s not ready to call herself an insider."

Ocasio-Cortez answers weakly and evasively:

Well, this is something that we’re actively planning on. What I have done is tours of our New York-area facilities. Right now, this crisis is in our own backyard, and we have toured the Roosevelt Hotel, and I think it’s been very important for us to — especially to my constituents, who are demanding accountability on this — to look at that front line that is right here in New York City.

Garcia-Navarro interrupts: "I want to get to New York, but we’re two and a half years into this administration, the crisis has been burgeoning, and you have been a self-declared and widely viewed leader on this issue."

Ocasio-Cortez tries again but has little to improve her answer:

Yes, yes. Well, I mean, again, I think that this is something that we have been working on.

She says "again" as if Garcia-Navarro missed something the first time, but she did not.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

This is why useful idiots are so...useful.

Here we have a dem mayor calling out the crisis in NYC.

But they won't believe him.

Their masters in DC have told them there is no problem...therefore there is no problem.

NYC doesn't want any more guests and the Fed's idea to dump them off in NJ, mostly in Atlantic City, has been nixed by the governor.  The solution would be close the border to more immigrants until this can be sorted out but they'll never do that when there's a good crisis that can be exploited.  

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, ALF said:

Congress controls immigration that the WH has to approve. So they have to pick up the full cost.

Any thoughts on why congress did nothing when it was under total control of democrats for the first two years of the Biden administration?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

So Congress and the Courts have to demand laws be enforced , checks and balances.

When a corrupt and incompetent Admin like this freely allows illegals to flood over our borders, there's nothing that can be done.  

• Like (+1) 1

It seems clear to me the rise in migrants coincide with results from the 2020 election (2021 would have been the first year impacted by these elected officials).  The Biden administration took over in 2021.  Also, the Democrats maintained their House majority and won the Senate majority in the 2020 election.  I don't see where the increase in migrants have been impacted by the judicial branch unless someone can provide a Supreme Court decision that indicates a dramatic change with immigration.  Title 42 ended in May of 2023 and its effects are not in the graph below.

Ideally congress should be passing laws regarding immigration, but the legislative branch is broke.  Immigration is generally controlled through executive orders.  The Border Patrol is a component of the Department of Homeland Security which is managed by the Secretary of Homeland Security (a cabinet position).  As such, even in the absence of executive orders, the direct management of border enforcement by the executive branch would imply the president bears responsibility.

An FYI for today, the Department of Homeland Security employees over 260,000 people! 

bbb.thumb.jpg.02f991de32d3d9c0158cde40ecc005fa.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Precision said:

the Department of Homeland Security employees over 260,000 people! 

Damn. from an agency that didnt even exist prior to 9-11 to almost 300K.  wonder how many are agents. thats an army

IRS isn't even 100K.

FBI is 35K.

ATF is 3500

• Like (+1) 1