Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

On 5/12/2023 at 8:00 PM, SCBills said:

Clearly your “concern for vets” in other threads is simply performative when it benefits your views politically.

Glad we can clear that up. 

Oh wait - what?

I can’t hear you. What did you say?

Fn idiots 

Homeless men say they were recruited to pose as displaced vets
The men say they were coached by Sharon Toney-Finch to spin a tale of eviction from the Crossroads Hotel

Three men currently staying at a homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie said they were among a group of 15 recruited a few days ago to portray homeless veterans displaced from upstate hotels by incoming migrants.

In interviews, the men said two people came to the shelter Wednesday saying they had work for 15 men between the ages of 40 and 60. They would be paid $100 for two or three hours of effort, and no heavy lifting would be involved.

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonvalley/news/article/homeless-men-recruited-veterans-scam-18108478.php

The controversy around an Army veteran accused of fabricating a tale of homeless veterans being booted from hotels to make room for migrants deepened on Friday—with state officials launching an investigation and questions raised about her claims of being a Purple Heart recipient.

The woman at the center of the maelstrom is Sharon Toney-Finch, who was inducted last July into the New York State Senate Veterans’ Hall of Fame after a special salute by lawmakers for her service.

She is listed in the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, has been the subject of glowing profiles about her heroism under fire, and once appeared on Fox & Friends to unveil a set of Purple Heart commemorative coins. On May 16, New York State Sen. Rob Rolison, a former police officer, honored Toney-Finch as a “woman of distinction,” making special note of her Purple Heart

https://www.thedailybeast.com/questions-swirl-around-sharon-toney-finch-vet-at-center-of-bogus-migrant-story

Edited by ALF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

The men say they were coached by Sharon Toney-Finch to spin a tale of eviction from the Crossroads Hotel

Three men currently staying at a homeless shelter in Poughkeepsie said they were among a group of 15 recruited a few days ago to portray homeless veterans displaced from upstate hotels by incoming migrants.

In interviews, the men said two people came to the shelter Wednesday saying they had work for 15 men between the ages of 40 and 60. They would be paid $100 for two or three hours of effort, and no heavy lifting would be involved.

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonvalley/news/article/homeless-men-recruited-veterans-scam-18108478.php

Wow. And the cult will be screaming about this for years 

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

The controversy around an Army veteran accused of fabricating a tale of homeless veterans being booted from hotels to make room for migrants deepened on Friday—with state officials launching an investigation and questions raised about her claims of being a Purple Heart recipient.

The woman at the center of the maelstrom is Sharon Toney-Finch, who was inducted last July into the New York State Senate Veterans’ Hall of Fame after a special salute by lawmakers for her service.

She is listed in the National Purple Heart Hall of Honor, has been the subject of glowing profiles about her heroism under fire, and once appeared on Fox & Friends to unveil a set of Purple Heart commemorative coins. On May 16, New York State Sen. Rob Rolison, a former police officer, honored Toney-Finch as a “woman of distinction,” making special note of her Purple Heart

https://www.thedailybeast.com/questions-swirl-around-sharon-toney-finch-vet-at-center-of-bogus-migrant-story

Interesting how that one reporter never actually named any of them. 

The saga of the displaced veterans received national attention when Assemblyman Brian Maher stepped in to denounce the hotel’s actions and grabbed headlines along with an appearance on a conservative tv network to raise money for the YIT Foundation, which claims had housed the homeless veterans at the hotel.

The foundation and its director, Sharon Toney-Finch, appear to have fabricated the entire story, causing Maher to admit yesterday that he had been duped by Finch and her lies.

https://midhudsonnews.com/2023/05/19/homeless-men-recruited-for-veteran-hotel-scam/

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's morally repugnant to put illegals before Erie County citizens.

There goes the budget.

Budget.  last I checked Erie Country ran a 7M dollar deficit. 

And couldnt even close the gap with 5 milllion from gaming and the feds ARP funds

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-news/nearly-570-million-2023-budget-passes-for-erie-county-council/

• Thank you (+1) 1

ALSO KNOWN AS “JUST ANOTHER WEEK IN EL PASO”: 

Denver hits 10,000 immigrants milestone during 5-month stretch.

Denver hit a new milestone Wednesday in the humanitarian crisis that now has seen more than 10,000 immigrants come to Denver over the past five months.

On Wednesday — with 162 new arrivals — Denver has now served 10,062 immigrants from Central and South America.

“Denver is a welcoming city and I am grateful to all our partners and city employees who have worked tirelessly to serve over 10,000 people who have come to us for refuge,” said Mayor Michael B. Hancock.

Hancock added, “However, Denver’s resources are not bottomless, and we continue to call on the federal government to send aid to cities across the country that are unfairly bearing the financial burden of this humanitarian crisis.”

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/denver/denver-hits-10-000-immigrants-milestone-during-5-month-stretch/article_f44630f7-b73d-593e-883b-d5a76f5fd68e.html

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2023 at 11:29 AM, Chris farley said:

Our port of calls/entry no longer accepts asylum seekers.  when did that start?

As of May 2023:

Under U.S. immigration law, migrants fleeing persecution can request asylum regardless of how they arrive on U.S. soil. President Joe Biden’s rule, which could become active in May and expire after two years, would presume asylum ineligibility for those who enter illegally. The penalty would make it easier for the government to deport border-crossers who express a fear of harm, potentially reducing the number who are allowed into the United States pending a hearing in swamped U.S. immigration courts.

The trial had until May 11th to go into a 30-day effect, and I couldn't see if it did or not.  So I am not sure if this is in order now, or just in the works.

It's kind of amazing because Biden has essentially just kept all of Trump's policies on the border in tact, and even added tougher laws in some spots like this, and is still accused of "open borders."  Not saying they are doing a great job or anything, but most of the outrage is made up.

Edited by cle23

26 minutes ago, cle23 said:

As of May 2023:

Under U.S. immigration law, migrants fleeing persecution can request asylum regardless of how they arrive on U.S. soil. President Joe Biden’s rule, which could become active in May and expire after two years, would presume asylum ineligibility for those who enter illegally. The penalty would make it easier for the government to deport border-crossers who express a fear of harm, potentially reducing the number who are allowed into the United States pending a hearing in swamped U.S. immigration courts.

The trial had until May 11th to go into a 30-day effect, and I couldn't see if it did or not.  So I am not sure if this is in order now, or just in the works.

It's kind of amazing because Biden has essentially just kept all of Trump's policies on the border in tact, and even added tougher laws in some spots like this, and is still accused of "open borders."  Not saying they are doing a great job or anything, but most of the outrage is made up.

So There is no change, and they can and are supposed to register at the land crossing.

And the Biden move would move him out of alignment with the WEF, UN and the EU if it does pass. 

but its like a lot of topics, its pushed into partisan sides.

And people run with headlines vs the details.

Edited by Chris farley

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

So There is no change, and they can and are supposed to register at the land crossing.

And the Biden move would move him out of alignment with the WEF, UN and the EU if it does pass. 

but its like a lot of topics, its pushed into partisan sides.

And people run with headlines vs the details.

No, the change would be to register at the border, that isn't how it is currently.  Right now they can go in however and then apply once in the US.  The new rule Biden proposed would be to have them register at the border crossings for at least the next 2 years.  Like I said, it appears to have at least gone into a trial effect, but I couldn't find that out for sure.  Which would make Biden's proposal more stringent than the previous rules.

Edited by cle23

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

It's all good!  I remember the old days when the downtown of Hornell and Canisteo were filled with thriving shops!

I am a transplant and closer to Ithaca.

but many of my neighbors speak very highly of what this region used to be.

did the 72 flood hurt that area.  lots of folks talk about parts of this area never coming back from that event. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I am a transplant and closer to Ithaca.

but many of my neighbors speak very highly of what this region used to be.

did the 72 flood hurt that area.  lots of folks talk about parts of this area never coming back from that event. 

as far as Steuben county, Corning got hit really bad. 

Allegany and Cattaraugus counties had it worse. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

as far as Steuben county, Corning got hit really bad. 

Allegany and Cattaraugus counties had it worse. 

I was just a kid but I still remember seeing the bridge in Carson (by Canisteo) washed away and seeing people push old cars over the levee to keep it from washing out.  There was a famous picture of a picnic table on the top of a telephone pole at Canacadea park.

Just for the record Chris, not everyone down that way is related.  Pretty sure B-Man and I aren't.....well, kinda sure!

Edited by Precision
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Precision said:

I was just a kid but I still remember seeing the bridge in Carson (by Canisteo) washed away and seeing people push old cars over the levee to keep it from washing out.  There was a famous picture of a picnic table on the top of a telephone pole at Canacadea park.

Just for the record Chris, not everyone down that way is related.  Pretty sure B-Man and I aren't.....well, kinda sure!

Im from Detriot. I like this region. lots of good history. low crime.  

Edited by Chris farley

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Tiberius is in the region. As an avid cheerleader for Brandon’s Border Bonanza I’m sure he will be put his money where his typing fingers are and head over there to volunteer. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Im from Detriot. I love this region. lots of good history. low crime. 

Glad you're enjoying the area, feel bad for Detroit and the people there.  I moved to NH years ago but go back frequently to see family. 

IMO more than the hurricane I think the combination of NAFTA and anchor companies in Rochester failing had a bigger impact.  Lots of school consolidations in the late 90's hurt small towns some of whom were left without a school.  The influx of large box stores finished off local merchants who had been struggling for a while.  I felt like it seemed to impact everyplace west of Corning along Rt 17/I-86.  Oddly enough a few years ago I had the pleasure of speaking to the owner of Secret Caverns up toward Cobleskill.  He indicated that they saw the same in the rural areas along the I-88 corridor.  We thought it odd that both areas saw a similar decline. 

• Like (+1) 1

CRISIS BY DESIGN: 

A New Low: Biden to Halt Familial DNA Testing at the Border.

There comes a time at which even the most hard-core, dedicated progressive wonks among us should finally admit that the Biden administration is nothing more than a self-serving, evil entity that cares nothing for the people who must labor under its policies. For conservatives, that became evident long ago. Some on the left seem to be turning the corner, and if the ones who haven’t aren’t convinced by this piece of news, there is simply no hope for them.

Just the News obtained a copy of the memo issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It is short and to the point: CPB’s DNA collection contract with BODE Technologies ends on May 31 and with it, the process of familial DNA identification. DNA collections for the FBI will continue,

but there will be no effort to make sure that children are crossing the border with their parents or identifying unaccompanied minors.

As expected, no rationale has been offered for this move, probably because no rationale exists. No matter how the Left might try to contort this policy into a positive development, it simply cannot be done. 

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2023/05/23/a-new-low-biden-to-halt-familial-dna-testing-at-the-border-n1697476

• Like (+1) 1

CuP_aJVWAAAHgRK.jpg

Democrats: No Border Security Bill Until  Citizens Accept More Poor Migrants

by Neil Munro

Democrats will block a border security bill until American citizens accept more poor migrants into their workplaces and neighborhoods, Texas Democrat Rep. Barbara Lee told a GOP-led hearing on Tuesday. “You’re not going to get border security coming first,” Lee told a GOP-picked witness, Rodney Scott, the former chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, who urged legislators to first protect the border before opening up more legal routes for migrants. You need to be able to balance it. You will not accept a border security and recognizing pathways to legal entry [bill]?

https://judiciary.house.gov/committee-activity/hearings/biden-border-crisis-part-iii

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/24/democrats-illegal-migration-will-continue-until-americans-oks-legal-migration/

• Like (+1) 1

SORRY, DOESN’T FIT THE NARRATIVE, GO AWAY: 

Migrant Who Raped and Killed Maryland Woman Was Known MS-13 Affiliate, Report Finds:

The Biden administration has ‘failed to implement basic screening and vetting measures’ at the border, lawmakers say. 

Ya think?

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/migrant-who-raped-and-killed-maryland-woman-was-known-ms-13-affiliate-report-finds/

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

this should go over well

Come on tibs and bt, open up your hearts and your homes to these poor unfortunate immigrants. Man or woman up and stand behind your beliefs. Take in a family or two and show them that left wing love you claim to have. 
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣