Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

23 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

We didn’t even agree to house British troops - that contributed to a revolution - and then an amendment.  

This is a dumb idea.  I've "hosted" lots of family members in the past that needed some help and it doesn't ever end well.  Generally because they never want to leave.  It's a lot easier living for free and eliminating the everyday stress of having to pay lots of living expenses when you can spend most of your time relaxing.  When I ask them when they're getting off their ass to hold up their end of our agreed to arrangement they get an attitude and I'm the bad guy.  The one letting them live for free.  The lesson is your generousity will likely be taken advantage of by most.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This is a dumb idea.  I've "hosted" lots of family members in the past that needed some help and it doesn't ever end well.  Generally because they never want to leave.  It's a lot easier living for free and eliminating the everyday stress of having to pay lots of living expenses when you can spend most of your time relaxing.  When I ask them when they're getting off their ass to hold up their end of our agreed to arrangement they get an attitude and I'm the bad guy.  The one letting them live for free.  The lesson is your generousity will likely be taken advantage of by most.

Don't worry, they'll never do it.  They know how to talk a good game.

?uuid=ea8ead92-8ebb-5f4f-961d-b210ef3ee4

Biden’s Border Blow-Up Is the Mess That Just Gets Messier. 

“The numbers we hear about coming over here illegally are getting to be like the federal spending numbers from the last couple of decades: they’re so big and so frequent that the news has a numbing effect after a while.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2023/09/18/the-morning-briefing-bidens-border-blow-up-is-the-mess-that-just-gets-messier-n1727792

• Like (+1) 1

• I’m so old I can remember that when the Obama & Trump Administrations did this it was considered the greatest human rights violation since Hitler and the Nazis:

Border Patrol temporarily separated families this summer, court filing says

A pediatrician tasked by a federal court in Los Angeles to monitor the conditions of migrant children in U.S. government custody revealed in a recent court filing that some children were temporarily separated from their parents while they were in Border Patrol custody this summer because of overcrowding.

Dr. Paul Wise, a pediatrician associated with Stanford University, interviewed families in the Rio Grande Valley area of Texas this summer and found children as young as 8 were separated from their parents while they were being held in the temporary custody of Customs and Border Protection, according to the document filed Friday in U.S. District Court for Central California.

“Interviews with parents and children found that there were minimal or no opportunities for phone contact or direct interaction between parent and child. The separation of families and the lack of interaction while in custody do significant, and potentially lasting, harm to children, particularly younger children,” Wise said in the court filing.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/border-patrol-temporarily-separated-families-summer-court-filing-says-rcna105524

Gee, I wonder whats different now ?

🤔

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2023 at 12:27 AM, Doc said:

Don't worry, they'll never do it.  They know how to talk a good game.

Oh they’ll ask other people to do it…

some truly philanthropic people will do it, some will be robed, abused or worse. they won’t be protected. 

The majority of the virtue signalers and particularly the dummy talking head politicians won’t consider lifting a finger personally but will act like they are or do or will, while doing nothing to tackle this issue. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh they’ll ask other people to do it…

some truly philanthropic people will do it, some will be robed, abused or worse. they won’t be protected. 

The majority of the virtue signalers and particularly the dummy talking head politicians won’t consider lifting a finger personally but will act like they are or do or will, while doing nothing to tackle this issue. 

How about some of our enlightened and morally superior liberal posters advocating for open borders and supporting the administration's all are welcome policy hosting 3 or 4 families in their residence?  I want to see real and personal conviction and commitment to the cause.  Now's your chance to shame the rest of us with deeds rather than your empty words. 

• Like (+1) 1

America’s sanctuary cities are falling apart

Places like New York are struggling to deal with an influx of migrants

BY JOEL KOTKIN

If it were not so tragic, it would be funny. For years the progressive Left — in the US as well as across the West — has boasted about its willingness to accept people even if they have arrived in America illegally.

With over one million having crossed the border illegally since Joe Biden took office — and their numbers are rising — the facade of the sanctuary city is falling apart.

Border chaos is now sparking a war among Democrats, with some, like New York Mayor Eric Adams, suggesting the migrant wave may “destroy” the city. His critique has been repeated by much of the border state Arizona Democratic delegation, as well as Independent Senator Kristen Sinema.

But if sensible Democrats know the game is up and want to stop the flow, others, like  Chicago’s ultra-progressive Mayor Brandon Johnson and Leftist members of the New York City Council, denounce Adams and others as xenophobic acolytes who are mouthing “repugnant Maga garbage”.

https://unherd.com/thepost/americas-sanctuary-cities-are-falling-apart/

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Work permits for 500 thousand people. That makes America stronger 

https://nypost.com/2023/09/15/only-800-migrants-have-filed-for-work-visas/

Seems the majority are doing the double dip game.  get services, then do under the table side jobs.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Gee Elon, I wonder why the media isn't reporting this and the regime keeps telling us the border isn't open?

Another one of those idiotic "why is this being ignored in the mainstream media" stories that ignores the fact that it is plastered all over the mainstream media.

Here's a really good one from last week from (gasp!) the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/14/world/americas/migrant-business-darien-gap.html

I get that posters here wouldn't ever read the "mainstream media." They like their news filtered through astute observers like Julie Kelly and Pizzagate Jack. But Elon Musk is posting similar stupidity. Is he now a Pizzagate Jack follower?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Another one of those idiotic "why is this being ignored in the mainstream media" stories that ignores the fact that it is plastered all over the mainstream media.

Here's a really good one from last week from (gasp!) the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/14/world/americas/migrant-business-darien-gap.html

I get that posters here wouldn't ever read the "mainstream media." They like their news filtered through astute observers like Julie Kelly and Pizzagate Jack. But Elon Musk is posting similar stupidity. Is he now a Pizzagate Jack follower?

the one behind a pay wall. the OP was probably talking about the free media that most use.  From CNN to NPR.  ignoring

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

the one behind a pay wall. the OP was probably talking about the free media that most use.  From CNN to NPR.  ignoring

I guess Elon Musk can't afford the $1/week online NYT subscription.

"Free media that most use" = you get what you pay for.

It is a damn good story in the NYT - very well reported, and provides a lot of support for the position that illegal immigration has turned into an industry supported by cartels with actual government (Colombia/Panama, etc) involvement/approval. In other words, the captain of the mainstream media is supporting your talking points, but I guess you'll wait for Pizzagate Jack to link to it with an 80 word tweet?

No problem. I'll do the hard googling for you and Elon. Here's Fox News (Fox News is still ok with you guys, right? I mean, you can uncover your eyes and actually look at that one?) re-reporting what the NY Times initially reported. Free media! Maybe even Mainstream Media!! And this is the most damning report I've seen on the entire situation.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/colombian-elected-officials-charging-millions-packages-guide-migrants-toward-us-border-report-says

Local politicians have reportedly been charging big bucks per month to help shepherd migrants through a section of the jungle between Colombia and Panama known as the Darien Gap, moving what is estimated to be hundreds of thousands of people so far this year north toward the U.S.-Mexico border.

The New York Times reported Thursday that instead of clandestine human traffickers skirting authorities, politicians, prominent businessmen and elected leaders in Columbia have openly been charging millions of dollars a month on packages promising to transport migrants through the Darien Gap. This is despite the Biden administration and the governments of Columbia and Panama vowing earlier this year to curb the massive migration pattern through that area.

"We have organized everything: the boatmen, the guides, the bag carriers," Darwin Garcia, an elected community board member and former town councilman in Acandi, a Colombian municipality at the entrance to the jungle, told the Times.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I guess Elon Musk can't afford the $1/week online NYT subscription.

"Free media that most use" = you get what you pay for.

It is a damn good story in the NYT - very well reported, and provides a lot of support for the position that illegal immigration has turned into an industry supported by cartels with actual government (Colombia/Panama, etc) involvement/approval. In other words, the captain of the mainstream media is supporting your talking points, but I guess you'll wait for Pizzagate Jack to link to it with an 80 word tweet?

Just stating an opinion. like .5% of people get their news from NYT.

According to the Pew Research Center, 20% of adults in the United States in 2018 said they get their news from social media "often," compared to 16% who said they often get news from print newspapers, 26% who often get it from the radio, 33% who often get it from news websites, and 49% who often get it from TV.

The New York Times (NYT) is a daily newspaper based in New York City with a worldwide readership reported in 2022 to comprise 740,000 paid print subscribers, and 8.6 million paid digital subscribers. 

In 2019, the Pew Research Center found that over half of Americans (54%) either got their news "sometimes" or "often" from social media, and Facebook was the most popular social media site where American adults got their news.

CNN reaches approximately 80 million households in the U.S. CNN Digital is the number one online news destination, routinely registering more than 200 million unique visitors globally each month. CNN International reaches more than 347 million households worldwide.

the rest is some half assed attempt at ad hominem or something.  reads like billsy

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

According to the Pew Research Center, 20% of adults in the United States in 2018 said they get their news from social media "often,"

Lovely to see you're among the Proudly Ignorant.

ELON EFFIN MUSK - the wealthiest man in the world since Bezos dumped his wife - just said the "legacy media" is "ignoring" the border crisis. I pointed out that the legacy-est of all legal media just did a long, expensive, thorough report on the commercialization of human smuggling that is driving this crisis.

So:

- his comment was stupid and ignorant, and "it's too expensive" is certainly not an excuse for him (maybe for Chris Farley it is ... do you have a GoFundMe?)

- Chris Farley's retort - "nobody reads the NY Times, we get our news from social media" is even more beside the point since Musk's "point" (if there was one) was about Legacy Media ignoring a story.

That is the nature of discourse on the Trumpist right. Willful ignorance. Talking points meant to inflame ("the mainstream media hasn't even reported on this!"). Or links to articles that make the exact opposite point of what these people think they're making - look back at the one where one of our posters cited a secondhand report about "child poverty going up." That was about how the end of earned income tax credit (welfare) payments raised that child poverty rate. In other words, the exact opposite of what the poster thought it was arguing, that somehow Biden policies have failed.

How social media makes us stupid, Exhibit 1,011.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

ELON EFFIN MUSK - the wealthiest man in the world since Bezos dumped his wife - just said the "legacy media" is "ignoring" the border crisis. I pointed out that the legacy-est of all legal media just did a long, expensive, thorough report on the commercialization of human smuggling that is driving this crisis.

So:

- his comment was stupid and ignorant, and "it's too expensive" is certainly not an excuse for him (maybe for Chris Farley it is ... do you have a GoFundMe?)

- Chris Farley's retort - "nobody reads the NY Times, we get our news from social media" is even more beside the point since Musk's "point" (if there was one) was about Legacy Media ignoring a story.

That is the nature of discourse on the Trumpist right. Willful ignorance. Talking points meant to inflame ("the mainstream media hasn't even reported on this!"). Or links to articles that make the exact opposite point of what these people think they're making - look back at the one where one of our posters cited a secondhand report about "child poverty going up." That was about how the end of earned income tax credit (welfare) payments raised that child poverty rate. In other words, the exact opposite of what the poster thought it was arguing, that somehow Biden policies have failed.

So the borders not open and everything is great?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

So the borders not open and everything is great?

Moronic comment.

I linked to an article in the mainstream media about how the entire human smuggling system is commercialized and out of control. 

I like that it got a tee-hee from B-Man, who shares your total lack of reading comprehension.

He is still decrying the end of Biden monthly welfare payments to families and the attendant rise in child poverty.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So:

Much of what you say I can agree with regarding the MSM but I think we need to timeline-out the progression in their reporting on any particular story or point of contention from ignoring an issue to acknowledging an issue. 

Such as the border "crisis" example.  I don't think spending a year+ proclaiming it wasn't a problem, claiming others were making a big deal over nothing, spreading the message crisis, what crisis?, and then slowly transforming their views as more and more Democratic officials pushed back and felt direct pain, then the media does a couple stories suggesting all is not hearts and flowers a year and a half into millions pouring into the country unimpeded by immigration while being flown all over the country and not pushing back on the administration with hard questions or concerns doesn't equate to the media "covering" the story.

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Moronic comment.

I linked to an article in the mainstream media about how the entire human smuggling system is commercialized and out of control. 

I like that it got a tee-hee from B-Man, who shares your total lack of reading comprehension.

He is still decrying the end of Biden monthly welfare payments to families and the attendant rise in child poverty.

I don't need to read your article to know that we have a huge issue regarding the security of our southern border. But nice try, moronic reply.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I don't need to read your article to know that we have a huge issue regarding the security of our southern border. But nice try, moronic reply.

Wow, this has been one of the rights biggest issues for a long time, and they just keep losing elections. Strange 

And of course we have the moronic drivel from Finding Q again.  The media is not reporting on this massive crisis in proportion to how big it actually is in any way, shape or form.  Don't expect him to get that point though.  Useful idiots in a perpetual quest to find more Qanon! shouldn't be expected to.

How would these deaths be reported differently under the orange regime?

Blood on the Biden regime hands here?  Of course not.

• Like (+1) 1

And this isn't new. It isn't just happening now. We've seen our southern border flooded almost nonstop since Joe Biden came into office with more than a wink and a nod toward those wishing to come into our country.

I can't blame folks for wanting to come to America. Frankly, given how many progressives think America sucks, I would love for more people who are passionate about being here to be part of our society. We need some of that love at a time when everyone seems convinced America is dying and corrupt and about to expire. But, let's be candid for a moment: What we're seeing at the border is largely a bunch of people who are being encouraged to break the law.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/09/21/were-doing-everything-we-can-to-ignore-the-crisis-at-the-border-arent-we-n2164103

• Like (+1) 1