Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

WELL, YES: 

It’s No Accident The Southern Border Is Collapsing, It’s Intentional.

Eagle-Pass-1200x675.png

Customs and Border Protection shut down two international bridges to deal with the crisis. The mayor of Eagle Pass, Rolando Salinas, declared an emergency on Wednesday, it seems with good reason. He told The New York Post that the surge of illegal immigrants, most of them single adult men from Venezuela, has swamped the city’s only migrant shelter. Many of them, says Salinas, “don’t want to listen to instructions.” He added, “Not all of them come in peace.”

Bill Melugin of Fox News has been in Eagle Pass this week posting jaw-dropping videos and images of the influx, which sure enough consists of mostly single adult men. The lines stretch over the river and along both banks as far as the eye can see. Whatever you think of the border and U.S. immigration policy, this is shocking.

All of it recalls the mass encampment of some 15,000 Haitians under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas, two years ago. At the time, images of what looked like a refugee camp you might see in a war-torn country dominated several news cycles, goading the Biden administration to disband the encampment and deport a small number of Haitians as a warning to others. Most of them fled back across the Rio Grande rather than face being deported to Haiti, a country they had left years ago for better jobs in South America (which countries they in turn left for better jobs in the United States).

But notice how the illegal immigrants in Melugin’s footage are walking calmly, not running, not trying to evade Border Patrol. They show every indication they believe they will not be detained long.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/21/its-no-accident-the-southern-border-is-collapsing-its-intentional/

You might call it a crisis by design, to coin an Insta-phrase.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WELL, YES: 

It’s No Accident The Southern Border Is Collapsing, It’s Intentional.

Eagle-Pass-1200x675.png

Customs and Border Protection shut down two international bridges to deal with the crisis. The mayor of Eagle Pass, Rolando Salinas, declared an emergency on Wednesday, it seems with good reason. He told The New York Post that the surge of illegal immigrants, most of them single adult men from Venezuela, has swamped the city’s only migrant shelter. Many of them, says Salinas, “don’t want to listen to instructions.” He added, “Not all of them come in peace.”

Bill Melugin of Fox News has been in Eagle Pass this week posting jaw-dropping videos and images of the influx, which sure enough consists of mostly single adult men. The lines stretch over the river and along both banks as far as the eye can see. Whatever you think of the border and U.S. immigration policy, this is shocking.

All of it recalls the mass encampment of some 15,000 Haitians under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas, two years ago. At the time, images of what looked like a refugee camp you might see in a war-torn country dominated several news cycles, goading the Biden administration to disband the encampment and deport a small number of Haitians as a warning to others. Most of them fled back across the Rio Grande rather than face being deported to Haiti, a country they had left years ago for better jobs in South America (which countries they in turn left for better jobs in the United States).

But notice how the illegal immigrants in Melugin’s footage are walking calmly, not running, not trying to evade Border Patrol. They show every indication they believe they will not be detained long.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/21/its-no-accident-the-southern-border-is-collapsing-its-intentional/

You might call it a crisis by design, to coin an Insta-phrase.

Another uber hypocritical position by our administration. wide open border here.

but we spend insane amounts of money, equipment and man hours to try to secure the Ukrainian border.

you cant make it up.

Oh, yeah, that evil Mainstream Media, hiding the ball again!

Oops.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/illegal-border-crossings-are-rise-7500-migrants-stopped-sunday-alone-rcna105616

This is the idiocy of social media addicts, on display right here.

"The mainstream media is ignoring this story!"

I show you links to the NYT doing the best report to date on the scope of the human smuggling industry, and a story from NBC News about a huge surge this past weekend.

The response: "I don't read/watch those sites."

Translation: I trust what some Twitter monkey posts without even bothering to check if it bears any relationship to the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

So illegal immigration is a big nothing burger in your opinion?

Building walls is not the answer. Let's have a good foreign policy to help those countries create a place where people want to stay.,

Of course people want to come here, its a great place 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, yeah, that evil Mainstream Media, hiding the ball again!

Oops.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/illegal-border-crossings-are-rise-7500-migrants-stopped-sunday-alone-rcna105616

This is the idiocy of social media addicts, on display right here.

"The mainstream media is ignoring this story!"

I show you links to the NYT doing the best report to date on the scope of the human smuggling industry, and a story from NBC News about a huge surge this past weekend.

The response: "I don't read/watch those sites."

Translation: I trust what some Twitter monkey posts without even bothering to check if it bears any relationship to the truth.

🎯

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Building walls is not the answer. Let's have a good foreign policy to help those countries create a place where people want to stay.,

LMAO.

Same argument for Russia and Crimea, it is a vacation spot.

Wait, I forgot. you profit from the border of ukraine

not ours.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

🎯

By good foreign policy do u mean f it let everyone in? Cause that's what is currently happening. Nobody is arguing against immigration, just illegal immigration.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

By good foreign policy do u mean f it let everyone in? Cause that's what is currently happening. Nobody is arguing against immigration, just illegal immigration.

that's exactly what it wants.

Good, just make it legal then 

Have them stop at a port of call like our relatives did and get screened.

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Much of what you say I can agree with regarding the MSM but I think we need to timeline-out the progression in their reporting on any particular story or point of contention from ignoring an issue to acknowledging an issue. 

Such as the border "crisis" example.  I don't think spending a year+ proclaiming it wasn't a problem, claiming others were making a big deal over nothing, spreading the message crisis, what crisis?, and then slowly transforming their views as more and more Democratic officials pushed back and felt direct pain, then the media does a couple stories suggesting all is not hearts and flowers a year and a half into millions pouring into the country unimpeded by immigration while being flown all over the country and not pushing back on the administration with hard questions or concerns doesn't equate to the media "covering" the story.

And obviously what "coverage" they've provided hasn't made a bit of difference to this corrupt and incompetent Admin.

3 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

And of course we have the moronic drivel from Finding Q again.  The media is not reporting on this massive crisis in proportion to how big it actually is in any way, shape or form.  Don't expect him to get that point though.  Useful idiots in a perpetual quest to find more Qanon! shouldn't be expected to.

How would these deaths be reported differently under the orange regime?

Blood on the Biden regime hands here?  Of course not.

I'd be willing to bet more children have died making the trek to America than in school shootings.  But since it doesn't involve an AR-15...

2 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

We already have a process for legal immigration........how old are u?

He's a Dem, so mentally it's in the single digits...

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2023/09/20/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-takes-new-actions-increase-border

Now pay attention to what I am about to say. 

This press release from the Biden Admin starts with total bs. It suggests that Congress shares blame to not passing “comprehensive immigration reform.”

The bill the Biden Admin out forward shortly after inauguration was in now way an enforcement bill. It was an amnesty bill. There was really nothing in it to step up enforcement or deter illegal entry. 

See that? I can believe Biden was the lesser of two evils vs Trump but still call him on his bs. What a remarkable thing. 

12 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2023/09/20/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-takes-new-actions-increase-border

This press release from the Biden Admin starts with total bs. It suggests that Congress shares blame to not passing “comprehensive immigration reform.”

The bill the Biden Admin out forward shortly after inauguration was in now way an enforcement bill. It was an amnesty bill. There was really nothing in it to step up enforcement or deter illegal entry. 

See that? I can believe Biden was the lesser of two evils vs Trump but still call him on his bs. What a remarkable thing. 

if more went back to calling out BS in the party they support, they could actually get back to being representative.

Be careful, you talk like that to much and you will be branded with the T.

11 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Biden has been in office for nearly half a century, complicit in the issues at the border for the duration.  He’s been the number two man in the game for 8 years, and the top dog for 3, and one of the most powerful men in the country for virtually all of it. 

The number of people dead or victimized as a result of his “leadership”, on both sides of the border, is incalculable. 

Trump was President for 48 months.

With respect to the border and the greater of two evils, it’s Biden by a mile.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Biden has been in office for nearly half a century, complicit in the issues at the border for the duration.  He’s been the number two man in the game for 8 years, and the top dog for 3, and one of the most powerful men in the country for virtually all of it. 

The number of people dead or victimized as a result of his “leadership”, on both sides of the border, is incalculable. 

Well said

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Trump couldn't get anything done with a GOP House and Senate, but ya, blame Biden. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You are going to start seeing larger and increasingly violent protests as this crisis continues to unfold.  I believe these protests could be worse than the BLM protests.  BLM protests were "against the establishment (i.e., police)" whereas the anti-migrant protests will be against a group of people.  At some point there will be violence toward migrants, and they will respond (as has happened in Europe).  Next year's recession (not soft landing) will likely exacerbate the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Lovely to see you're among the Proudly Ignorant.

ELON EFFIN MUSK - the wealthiest man in the world since Bezos dumped his wife - just said the "legacy media" is "ignoring" the border crisis. I pointed out that the legacy-est of all legal media just did a long, expensive, thorough report on the commercialization of human smuggling that is driving this crisis.

So:

- his comment was stupid and ignorant, and "it's too expensive" is certainly not an excuse for him (maybe for Chris Farley it is ... do you have a GoFundMe?)

- Chris Farley's retort - "nobody reads the NY Times, we get our news from social media" is even more beside the point since Musk's "point" (if there was one) was about Legacy Media ignoring a story.

That is the nature of discourse on the Trumpist right. Willful ignorance. Talking points meant to inflame ("the mainstream media hasn't even reported on this!"). Or links to articles that make the exact opposite point of what these people think they're making - look back at the one where one of our posters cited a secondhand report about "child poverty going up." That was about how the end of earned income tax credit (welfare) payments raised that child poverty rate. In other words, the exact opposite of what the poster thought it was arguing, that somehow Biden policies have failed.

How social media makes us stupid, Exhibit 1,011.

you can't fix this stupid.  Work on the redeemable...

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

You are going to start seeing larger and increasingly violent protests as this crisis continues to unfold.  I believe these protests could be worse than the BLM protests.  BLM protests were "against the establishment (i.e., police)" whereas the anti-migrant protests will be against a group of people.  At some point there will be violence toward migrants, and they will respond (as has happened in Europe).  Next year's recession (not soft landing) will likely exacerbate the problem.

anybody who breaks the law should face the consequences.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

mmmhmmm

21 minutes ago, Precision said:

what's most important is which side wins....

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do you ever look at who is working construction jobs?  I mean the grunt work.  It ain't MAGA's around here....They're not making America great taking welfare and medicaid....many are using the scooters at supermarkets cuz they can barely hold their weight much less pull it.  When all the  enablers of these lazy bastards say "no", leave for greener pastures or the country gets divided (my preferred option)....they're screwed.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the country gets divided (my preferred option)....

What was the point of asking over and over and over and over if people were in favor of civil war when all you had to do was say aye? 🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️ Such a dumbass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

What was the point of asking over and over and over and over if people were in favor of civil war when all you had to do was say aye? 🤦‍♂️🤦🤦‍♀️ Such a dumbass. 

I don't want civil war.  I think the most viable option at this point is civil divorce.  you are dumb...hell, I'd rather pay alimony than live w the likes of u....did you ever wonder why rich people live in gated communities?  Even (or especially) the trumpers do.

29 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I don't want civil war.  I think the most viable option at this point is civil divorce.  you are dumb...hell, I'd rather pay alimony than live w the likes of u....did you ever wonder why rich people live in gated communities?  Even (or especially) the trumpers do.

Bro u seem like a very miserable person regardless of the escapades you claim to partake in. I love how every maga in your mind is overweight and a welfare leech. Seems like you need to do some more exploring in the good old us of a.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump couldn't get anything done with a GOP House and Senate, but ya, blame Biden. 🙄

Perpetual enablement of leaders like Biden by people like you is one major reason that people are victimized repeatedly approaching, crossing, and fleeing from the border.  

Btw, to get ahead of your silliness, I want to proactively declare you are wrong for suggesting Trump was responsible for the War of 1812, the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, the Great Depression, das Hindenburg and Teletubbies.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Bro u seem like a very miserable person regardless of the escapades you claim to partake in. I love how every maga in your mind is overweight and a welfare leech. Seems like you need to do some more exploring in the good old us of a.

In the heartland (imo) 11 months of the year....but escapades are good.  feeling the need.

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Perpetual enablement of leaders like Biden by people like you is one major reason that people are victimized repeatedly approaching, crossing, and fleeing from the border.  

Btw, to get ahead of your silliness, I want to proactively declare you are wrong for suggesting Trump was responsible for the War of 1812, the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, the Great Depression, das Hindenburg and Teletubbies.  

Oh how funny. 

Did Biden also make Venezula a failed state? You are just so full of nonsense

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh how funny. 

Did Biden also make Venezula a failed state? You are just so full of nonsense

Joe Biden has been one of the principal architects of our border policy for decades.  That's not speculation, nor is it inflammatory, it's just a fact.   But feel free to blurt out "Venezula" as necessary to add to the dialogue. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Joe Biden has been one of the principal architects of our border policy for decades.  That's not speculation, nor is it inflammatory, it's just a fact.   But feel free to blurt out "Venezula" as necessary to add to the dialogue. 

BS

You are just full of it. Do you even know how many members of Congress there are? 

You are full of BS 

BS is just like lying 

BS

You are just full of it. Do you even know how many members of Congress there are? 

You are full of BS 

BS is just like lying 

I'm just providing facts here, and your mean and hurtful words only encourage me to enlighten and empower you with knowledge.

Stay strong for Venezula. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

BS

You are full of BS 

BS is just like lying 

So much projection

the fact you went ad hominem is someplace between you giving up, and just proving your agenda.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Na, he really has been in government for almost 50 years.

you all voted for part of the problem, to be the solution.

and now everyone is paying.

It’s so imbecilic you almost can’t even believe it’s real right? 

It would be like putting Putin in charge of your foreign policy then acting surprised your international relationships aren’t what they used to be. 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Na, he really has been in government for almost 50 years.

you all voted for part of the problem, to be the solution.

and now everyone is paying.

And I believe that Biden had his hand in the Teletubbies as well.

• Haha (+1) 3