Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

34 minutes ago, ALF said:

Karine Jean-Pierre roasted for claiming illegal immigration is down 90%: 'These people think we're stupid'
Fiscal year 2022 ended with 2,378,944 migrant encounters, the highest ever recorded

https://www.foxnews.com/media/karine-jean-pierre-roasted-claiming-illegal-immigration-90-people-think-stupid

they KNOW the DNC base is.

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We need more immigrants. There is a worker shortage 

a fifth of the population is on welfare some making six figure hhi. 

https://nypost.com/2022/12/18/it-pays-not-to-work-in-bidens-america-thanks-to-welfare-benefits/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

importing un-entitled immigrants as labor to replace lazy Americans sounds a lot like something you’ll need to pay reparations for advocating and supporting. Typical. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

There's a worker shortage because of abortion.  All the people that could and would do these jobs were aborted 20, 30, 40, 50 years ago.

no- the kids whose parent didn’t want them were destined for poverty welfare and crime. 

Or some combination there of 

sad but true 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Irv said:

Border.  What a mess.  Why not just keep 42?  Too simple for Demented Biden and his ####### buddies.  

Because Title 42 is based on a public health emergency (COVID). And that public health emergency declaration expires next week.

I thought you guys believed any COVID emergency should have ended at least a couple years ago, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

no- the kids whose parent didn’t want them were destined for poverty welfare and crime. 

Or some combination there of 

sad but true 

No,   it's not.

A lot of people have and continue to have an unwanted pregnancy and man/woman up and take care of their child.  They work harder to make more money for their family.  People often move from low incomes to higher incomes.

What you say may be true for some but definitely not for all as you suggest.

What did people do before abortion on demand?  We must have had way more people in poverty, welfare, and crime than we do now.  Do you think that's the case?

And even so it still is a major part of the reason we don't have people to do all jobs and, as @Tiberius suggests we must import more immigrants to do them.

Edited by reddogblitz

37 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

No,   it's not.

A lot of people have and continue to have an unwanted pregnancy and man/woman up and take care of their child.  They work harder to make more money for their family.  People often move from low incomes to higher incomes.

What you say may be true for some but definitely not for all as you suggest.

What did people do before abortion on demand?  We must have had way more people in poverty, welfare, and crime than we do now.  Do you think that's the case?

I’ve seen it laid out here well by some posters 

And Check out a book called Freakanomics…

Effectively;

The 60s welfare along with other social issues broke down families inner city, disproportionately black and also rural white families. Single parent households became the single biggest predictor of poverty and correlates across ALL demographics. poverty became the biggest predictor of crime across all demographics but particularly in young men average age 19…

crime began trending upward precipitously in the 60s and 70s as family values broke down single parent households grew and young men grew up to crime committing age. This happened ubiquitously across the us. Until a peak in 1991 and then rapid decrease at almost the same rate across the country. No one could associate any specific activity or activities with policy or world events. The improvement in some places could almost tie to isolated activities but didn’t explain why all geographies saw the same. 

a couple of economic professors in Chicago laid out a very compelling statistical argument that transposing the average age of criminals that originated from these SES circumstances 19, added to the year of Roe v wade passage 1972, combined with abortion rates, where they were happening and within which demographic single women disproportionately black btw, and what likely was going to be the future outcome of those conceived but instead aborted…. And you arrive at 1991, the national peak and inflection in us violent crime rate and beginning of it descent. 

The behavioral argument is if a mother is willing to make the decision to abort, that potential child had a bleak future and uncommitted parent. The most draconian of form of crime prevention, but plausible cause and effect nonetheless. 

moral position aside, it’s a compelling story with data. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

Most of the migration is coming from Central America and Venezuela . Mexico is screwing the US by them not securing there southern border. After NAFTA gave Mexico so many jobs this is the thanks we get. The US needs immigrants who are legal and can work, vet them in there own countries . Not to mention all the Fentanyl coming from Mexico.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve seen it laid out here well by some posters 

And Check out a book called Freakanomics…

Effectively;

The 60s welfare along with other social issues broke down families inner city, disproportionately black and also rural white families. Single parent households became the single biggest predictor of poverty and correlates across ALL demographics. poverty became the biggest predictor of crime across all demographics but particularly in young men average age 19…

crime began trending upward precipitously in the 60s and 70s as family values broke down single parent households grew and young men grew up to crime committing age. This happened ubiquitously across the us. Until a peak in 1991 and then rapid decrease at almost the same rate across the country. No one could associate any specific activity or activities with policy or world events. The improvement in some places could almost tie to isolated activities but didn’t explain why all geographies saw the same. 

a couple of economic professors in Chicago laid out a very compelling statistical argument that transposing the average age of criminals that originated from these SES circumstances 19, added to the year of Roe v wade passage 1972, combined with abortion rates, where they were happening and within which demographic single women disproportionately black btw, and what likely was going to be the future outcome of those conceived but instead aborted…. And you arrive at 1991, the national peak and inflection in us violent crime rate and beginning of it descent. 

The behavioral argument is if a mother is willing to make the decision to abort, that potential child had a bleak future and uncommitted parent. The most draconian of form of crime prevention, but plausible cause and effect nonetheless. 

moral position aside, it’s a compelling story with data. 

Thanks for this well presented answer.

Is there any data on what percentage of abortions fit this case?

Interesting but not sure how it changes what I said.  

I'm not trying to argue that abortion is good or bad.  Just that what we are seeing now in regards to companies not being able to find workers is a down stream effect of abortion.

For example, in 1990 there were 1,600,000 abortions in the US.   People aborted that year would now be 33 years old. Prime working age to take a lot of those unfilled jobs.  And then there's A multiplier effect from earlier abortions.  In 1973 there were 744,000. Those people would be 53 years old, still working, and in many cases had some children of their own that would now also be the work force.  

I got my data here: https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/01/11/what-the-data-says-about-abortion-in-the-u-s-2/

And I agree by the way that households without a mother and father is a big contributor to a lot of our problems today.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks for this well presented answer.

Is there any data on what percentage of abortions fit this case?

Interesting but not sure how it changes what I said.  

I'm not trying to argue that abortion is good or bad.  Just that what we are seeing now in regards to companies not being able to find workers is a down stream effect of abortion.

For example, in 1990 there were 1,600,000 abortions in the US.   People aborted that year would now be 33 years old. Prime working age to take a lot of those unfilled jobs.  And then there's A multiplier effect from earlier abortions.  In 1973 there were 744,000. Those people would be 53 years old, still working, and in many cases had some children of their own that would now also be the work force.  

I got my data here: https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2023/01/11/what-the-data-says-about-abortion-in-the-u-s-2/

And I agree by the way that households without a mother and father is a big contributor to a lot of our problems today.

Interesting. I read a similar study, probably 25 yrs ago, about abortions impact on the European workforce.

• Like (+1) 1