Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

6 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If we had to have one former Clemson star return to our team in 2021 who would it be; CJ Spiller age 34 or Sammy Watkins age 28? 

CJ Spiller, love how he used that incredible speed to hit that .... pulling guard in the back. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If we had to have one former Clemson star return to our team in 2021 who would it be; CJ Spiller age 34 or Sammy Watkins age 28? 

I mean, I understand the Sammy hate from Bills fans. But this isn't even a question. Age aside, Sammy was playing a couple months ago. C.J. Spiller hasn't been in the NFL in 4 years.

If the question were Sammy at 28 or C.J at 28 - that would be a different story.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

The guy is a headcase and a negative locker room presence.

He put forth little effort in his time here, IMO he faked injuries at times so he wouldn't have to play, then got himself traded out of here to a "contender" at the time.

Now that the Bills are a contender he thinks he can come back to the Bills and all will be forgiven with the fans?? I highly doubt it.

It would be a hard pass if it was my decision.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

You have to have thick skin to come back to the franchise that you s*** on as an employee and on another team. You come back knowing the flack you will face and still want to play? For a man to add added stress to your job because you love the sport. Dude is totally welcome, especially if he is committed to being his best self as a man and player, I'm all in.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

You have to have thick skin to come back to the franchise that you s*** on as an employee and on another team. You come back knowing the flack you will face and still want to play? For a man to add added stress to your job because you love the sport. Dude is totally welcome, especially if he is committed to being his best self as a man and player, I'm all in.

He spent all of his money on Guatemalan Worry Dolls. He’s broke.

• Eyeroll 1

Huh. I don't really get where he'd slot in tbh, and he can't return anything or help on ST, so I'm going to assume it has nothing to do with the team. Seriously, would he be 5th on the depth chart? Why would he leave his current situation to essentially be our Byron Pringle? Sammy's weird but probably not weird enough to willingly move down the depth chart.

That said I don't get the comments on him being a negative locker room presence. His teammates love him. 2014 was a long time ago, and I don't think he was ever a bad apple anyway, just kind of strange and anxious.

47 minutes ago, Special K said:

The guy is a headcase and a negative locker room presence.

He put forth little effort in his time here, IMO he faked injuries at times so he wouldn't have to play, then got himself traded out of here to a "contender" at the time.

Now that the Bills are a contender he thinks he can come back to the Bills and all will be forgiven with the fans?? I highly doubt it.

It would be a hard pass if it was my decision.

Agreed. I think his act got old in KC too. Guy makes $15M, takes up a roster spot, and shows up for 2 games each year. I doubt KC would even sign him back for the vet minimum— they are better off having a guy that plays most Sundays, as are we. 

57 minutes ago, Mango said:

Sure, maybe Davis has a great camp in 2021. But in 2020 Sammy > Davis. 

No I have to disagree with this. Gabe Davis is special and learning from some some top tier talent right now. He's not falling past Watkins or Emmanuel Sanders on the depth chart. And there's Sanders too, who by all accounts is far more dependable than Watkins. McKenzie can return. I have no idea where Watkins fits unless he's just like hey guys I loved living in your city, let me just be weird and hold down the 5th/6th spot on the depth chart.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

There’s no way it has anything to do with signing with the Bills.

Beane and McDermott couldn’t get him out of the building fast enough in 2017.

It’s also completely illogical from a roster standpoint. He’s gonna sign for peanuts to be WR5? Absurd.

I know it’s a fun thing to discuss in an otherwise uneventful free agency period so far, but it ain’t happening. No way, no how.

We all know you're just trying to speak this out of existence because you think he's a turd.

If anything happens, I'm psychic. 

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

There’s no way it has anything to do with signing with the Bills.

Beane and McDermott couldn’t get him out of the building fast enough in 2017.

It’s also completely illogical from a roster standpoint. He’s gonna sign for peanuts to be WR5? Absurd.

I know it’s a fun thing to discuss in an otherwise uneventful free agency period so far, but it ain’t happening. No way, no how.

They got him out because they thought at the time that draft pick value was important so they could go get their QB of the future. And that's for the same reasons other players got traded that year.  Watkins was KC #2 WR behind maybe one of the best WR in the league.  He averages 2 games a season he is out... and you can count on that.. yet.. that's ok to count on when he is not your #1 or #2 WR.

He would compete with sanders for the other slot position. IF KC had our TE you think Mahomes would of thrown it to him 105 times last year? no.. more receptions would of gone between him Hardman and Robinson.

you guys quickly type in hard no like it was hard to say... For me he gives Sanders competition and that's good for a 3-4 mil prove it contract. And for that price this is an easy yes.

My opinion won't be popular but its mine. 

Edited by PrimeTime101

36 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

They got him out because they thought at the time that draft pick value was important so they could go get their QB of the future. And that's for the same reasons other players got traded that year.  Watkins was KC #2 WR behind maybe one of the best WR in the league.  He averages 2 games a season he is out... and you can count on that.. yet.. that's ok to count on when he is not your #1 or #2 WR.

He would compete with sanders for the other slot position. IF KC had our TE you think Mahomes would of thrown it to him 105 times last year? no.. more receptions would of gone between him Hardman and Robinson.

you guys quickly type in hard no like it was hard to say... For me he gives Sanders competition and that's good for a 3-4 mil prove it contract. And for that price this is an easy yes.

My opinion won't be popular but its mine. 

Your opinion on why he may come back Ill leave alone because like you said its your opinion.  But he was traded out of here for more than the need for draft picks.  The guy wasnt a culture fit.  He has proven throughout his career that he is a me first guy.  To say he was only traded for the need of draft picks is a discredit to Mcdermott and his staff.  They watched the tape and saw he was a loafer who didnt play hard.  Its why his immense talent never translated to success.

Now for my opinion, he is an immature guy who only plays football for the money.  I dont think he loves it.  He falls in the category of should have been great but doesnt care enough to be.  He has essentially stole money from teams since he has been in the league.  He is such a non factor that I can barely recall where he was traded to.  I dont think the guy is long for the league.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Your opinion on why he may come back Ill leave alone because like you said its your opinion.  But he was traded out of here for more than the need for draft picks.  The guy wasnt a culture fit.  He has proven throughout his career that he is a me first guy.  To say he was only traded for the need of draft picks is a discredit to Mcdermott and his staff.  They watched the tape and saw he was a loafer who didnt play hard.  Its why his immense talent never translated to success.

Now for my opinion, he is an immature guy who only plays football for the money.  I dont think he loves it.  He falls in the category of should have been great but doesnt care enough to be.  He has essentially stole money from teams since he has been in the league.  He is such a non factor that I can barely recall where he was traded to.  I dont think the guy is long for the league.

I think my first bolded on this is also highly opinionated so I wont respond to that. Also there is no video to my recollection of him not finishing plays or routs. There was times he did not come back to the QB in need and heck.. that was well documented with even Brown last year.  Some would call making it to the NFL level a success because how many teams even now don't have a true #1 WR?  As to your opinion of him playing for money? I don't know where you get that or where it has ever been documented that he just plays for money.

We got a second round draft pick out of him that indeed helped us get Josh Allen. Was Darby a bad culture fit also? I don't think so? They get a 3rd round pick for Darby then they all the picks we got to trade for there people. They wanted an immediate detachment of what was built. They wanted a better QB and a QB for the defense. Without trading who we traded they could not do what they did and we would not have Josh Allen and Edmunds.

SO Bottom line.. Just answer this.. Would Sammy Watkins improve this WR roster? I doubt anyone can say no and as for any "Maturaty issues or Loafing as you put it? Pretty sure Diggs would put a stop to that in a hurry"  Just remember, when players don't do there job on the field by giving up on plays or taking plays off.. 

This is the same WR receiver that did this 

Exposed Sherman.

• Like (+1) 1