Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one said he was meeting with the Bills. But he could be. 

I don't understand why people don't understand how much fun free agency and or the draft is.  The speculation and unknown is most of the fun.  Especially now that Big Baller Beane is in charge.

• Agree 5

While it would boost our WR grouping - would he really want to be fighting to be our #3/4/5 guy? Also would he want a dirt cheap contract? And can he stay healthy?

Another thing that bothers me with Watkins is - how/why does he magically disappear in games (or for games at a time). Is it effort, mental, something else?

Long story short - Pass. 

36 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

I dunno, the article kind of suggests that he's regretful. Perhaps it's part of Sean's "come to Buffalo and be your best self" 

That said, I suspect he's just visiting. Although, a weird coincidence: Watkins was my first jersey. I was never a jersey guy, but flush with excitement at Reed's HoF induction, I decided to buy one and figured since he had just been drafted and was a can't-miss, I could not jinx him. Ah well. I had retired it last year and thought I had thrown it away. We were cleaning this weekend and my wife called out "do you want to hold onto your old Bills jersey?" For no good reason, I said "hm, why not" 

In any case, he's still pretty young and if he's coming in on a little over the minimum on a prove it and his ego has shifted to the point where he can take a role player, WR5/return guy, as others in the thread have said, he'd be good at it. I'd rather just keep McKenzie, but would also certainly buy in to a Watkins reclamation story. Doubt it's gonna happen though.

After saying this I highly doubt it is to talk to the Bills:

Reemerging in July, Watkins felt nothing but bad energy from new Bills head coach Sean McDermott. Like McDermott was testing him, triggering him, waging a “mental war” to make him explode. Watkins never demanded a trade, but he wanted out. Needed out. Literally stared into a mirror in his St. John Fisher College dorm room at Bills training camp and prayed, nightly, Get me out of here. Please, God.

“And,” Watkins says, ‘I think McDermott heard my prayers.’"

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

After saying this I highly doubt it is to talk to the Bills:

Reemerging in July, Watkins felt nothing but bad energy from new Bills head coach Sean McDermott. Like McDermott was testing him, triggering him, waging a “mental war” to make him explode. Watkins never demanded a trade, but he wanted out. Needed out. Literally stared into a mirror in his St. John Fisher College dorm room at Bills training camp and prayed, nightly, Get me out of here. Please, God.

“And,” Watkins says, ‘I think McDermott heard my prayers.’"

Sounds like he is full of the Process 

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean I would take him and accept it if Buffalo signed him sure. (Even if that’s the reason he was in buffalo). But toward the end of his time in buffalo he asked out and wanted to be traded/released. Why bring him back now after a player wanting out?