Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

It's almost like people don't remember the history Watkins had in Buffalo.

ZERO percent chance he is in Buffalo.

Anyone can start a twitter account and post whatever they want

Sure except this account has over 13k followers including the director of PR for the Bills 

• Thank you (+1) 1

People forget that Watkins had top 5 yards per game stats of all of our WRs. He wasn’t bad. He still has talent left in the tank. It would be a good WR3-5 signing. 

1. Diggs

2. Sanders

3. Beasley

4. Davis 

5. Watkins 

Talk about stacked. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Two positives IF Sammy were to sign:

1) Talent level in the WR room will be the best the Bills have ever had. 
2) I can pull a jersey out of moth balls. 

One negative:

1) He’s as loopy as they come.

I don’t care if he doesn’t believe in gravity, I just want the most talents WRs we can find. Watkins still has talent, even if injury prone. He was nearly our leader in yards per game until Diggs came along. People hate Watkins because of his draft position and pressure to live up to it. He would be a fantastic WR3-5 if we got him. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Could of changed. 

Know a person who was super heavy like that. Had everything lined up for that person. But 8 months sober from everything and building it right.  People do change.

But trusting McDermott and Beane on this. If they feel he is a fit and change person, less then 4 mil i'll be for it.

We're not in a place where we have an extra $4M here, extra there to toss around. 

We also don't have extra roster spots and an extra ball.  We need to find playing time for last year's draft choices, 2019's TE, RB, and this year's draft choices.

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure except this account has over 13k followers including the director of PR for the Bills 

If he's the "director of PR" wouldn't it be part of his job to follow accounts which might say stuff so he can "shift the narrative" as needed?

I can't see it as an endorsement of credibility.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Anybody that claims to have “sources” and if it doesn’t work out should get penalized. Even worse if they continue to do it. 

Lets discuss cruel measures.

ok -I’ll start. 

Let’s serve him wings w/ ranch dressing. 

Setting the bar high here. You go.

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t care if he doesn’t believe in gravity, I just want the most talents WRs we can find. Watkins still has talent, even if injury prone. He was nearly our leader in yards per game until Diggs came along. People hate Watkins because of his draft position and pressure to live up to it. He would be a fantastic WR3-5 if we got him. 

The "loopy" part becomes a practical problem if you got a guy who doesn't believe the advice he gets from doctors, trainers, etc

eg takes his walking boot off against medical advice, doesn't come to his rehab meetings because what do those guys know etc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The "loopy" part becomes a practical problem if you got a guy who doesn't believe the advice he gets from doctors, trainers, etc

eg takes his walking boot off against medical advice, doesn't come to his rehab meetings because what do those guys know etc.

I’d like to be optimistic and hope he has matured some, but I dunno. I just personally think he has enough talent left to warrant a small contract to round out our WRs core. 

Honestly if we escaped the offseason with 1. Diggs 2. Sanders 3. Beas 4. Davis 5. Watkins. TE Ertz , We very well could go undefeated. 

51 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Anybody that claims to have “sources” and if it doesn’t work out should get penalized. Even worse if they continue to do it. 

complete waste of time.....i suggest you ignore posts with rumors and unknown sources

the mods already do an outstanding job of ending unhelpful topics

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’d like to be optimistic and hope he has matured some, but I dunno. I just personally think he has enough talent left to warrant a small contract to round out our WRs core. 

Honestly if we escaped the offseason with 1. Diggs 2. Sanders 3. Beas 4. Davis 5. Watkins. TE Ertz , We very well could go undefeated. 

How many targets does a #5 WR get? A guy like that will primarily be a special teams contributor and only occasionally get on the field on offense.

No, I don't think it moves the needle much. Watkins has always been terribly inconsistent. And he doesn't fit the team or culture.

Its Friday.... im bored at work... thanks for the read everyone LOL im all about redemption stories, but i just cant see it.  McD has always been the hardest working guy in any room, since high school.  Him and Sammy were at odds, and in hindsight its cause he was lazy/stupid.  Sammy did 2 diff interviews talking about negative energy from McD.... you know what, i believe that part!  Could you imagine Seans attitude towards a guy he sees not buying in, that comes in hungover every day, cutting his damn cast off high or drunk on whatever?  I mean seriously picture that interaction with the two! 

Sean seems like your best friend when youre grinding and doing what youre supposed to, flip side has gotta be true for someone he sees as giving half effort in the middle of a culture change LOL!  I shudder picturing McD gritting his teeth trying to work with someone like that.  Hell, im about to close out TBD and get back to work for fear of Sean being over my shoulder when I turn around ✌️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

People’s heads gonna explode when Beane signs both Watkins and Clowney.  Does Tampa make their playoff run without Suh and Fournette?  Does KC win Super Bowl without Watkins in 2019?  You need talented guys to step up to win it all because the best teams can take your best players out of games.  Ain’t gonna win a championship with all choir boys.  And it’s not like Watkins is a bad citizen.  

I irrationally love Sammy. Total weirdo and can’t stay healthy but there’s a reason good teams want him. If you can get him at a vet minimum, why not roll the dice? And the fact he is only 27 is so insane. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

People’s heads gonna explode when Beane signs both Watkins and Clowney.  Does Tampa make their playoff run without Suh and Fournette?  Does KC win Super Bowl without Watkins in 2019?  You need talented guys to step up to win it all because the best teams can take your best players out of games.  Ain’t gonna win a championship with all choir boys.  And it’s not like Watkins is a bad citizen.  

Clowney sucks.