Sammy Watkins in Buffalo

Prime, if you think he really would accept $3-4 mil., has hopefully gone to rehab and stopped drinking, then he’s, people can change.  He had a me first attitude when here, so Hopefully the Rams and Chiefs made an impact there.  A team taking him on would on.y happen with a strong minded coach with a good culture.  I don’t hold grudges in my professional or personal life, so I’m fine with all of those caveats.  I’d wonder out loud if he could return. If so McKenzie might not get signed.  I have no idea who would be the better option.  I really like McKenzie so you guys decide.  It would be plausible to have both meaning...

Diggs

Beasely

Davis

Sanders

McKenzie

Watkins

That would mean Hodgins would go back to the PS unless he beats out one of the above.  Since we’re playing the what if’s, that would mean no WR in the mid rounds of the draft.  I know McBeane likes to develop their own so you’d think they would lean towards McKenzie and Hodgins, but you get more speed for Watkins.

18 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

100% agree. Cause he knows... IF he fails this team? no one will want him

Niagara Dude is right.. You have to look at who was throwing to him. There was a reason why Sammy was growing unstable when with an unstable team

I understand your point, this franchise was sad back in those days. However, Sammy actually had his best years in Buffalo. He’s been a bigger failure with LA and KC, than he was in Buffalo. Those teams had elite offenses, but he did very little apart from randomly looking elite in the playoffs with KC. The guy is hurt every season, and seems to put effort into playing only when he feels like it. 

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Is this for real?

Why isn't Beane looking at our most glaring positions of need at the moment in CB, TE and pass rusher?

Granted I am sure he gets one or two of those in the draft next month and they'll be immediate starters... but still... aren't we stacked at WR now?

We're less stacked than we were last year, and there is a striking lack of speed. Beane said they needed to add speed, but so far they've only subtracted it.

3 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Why wouldn't he just go back to KC for 3-4m?

He knows the system.

Maybe they don’t want him back. He barely saw the field this season. I understand the talent Andy Reid saw in him, but he might be giving up at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Pinto Ken? 😂

Yes. His name is Ken Johnson. A dumb reporter got his name wrong once.  He is Pinto Ken or Pinto Kenny.

16 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I understand your point, this franchise was sad back in those days. However, Sammy actually had his best years in Buffalo. He’s been a bigger failure with LA and KC, than he was in Buffalo. Those teams had elite offenses, but he did very little apart from randomly looking elite in the playoffs with KC. The guy is hurt every season, and seems to put effort into playing only when he feels like it

I keep reading this Narrative on him and looking for video to prove this Narrative but other then not running back to a QB which is a common trade for #2 or worse Receivers, I cant find it.

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

King me.

Sammy is playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess.  

On a one year deal this would be a great signing,  we would not need to worry about TE and could just line up 5 WR'S.  Sammy has elite talent and you need elite talent to win in this league.