Jump to content

Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah, especially the forced oral allegation, that one really pissed me off. We’ll see what happens, but I am really really shocked and I’m devastated that either a) This all really happened or b) That this many people are lying. I’m beginning to lose hope in this world.

I agree 💯 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This removes any lingering doubt I had that Watson is guilty. He has a real problem.

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police.

Posted Images

Looks like he will be playing QB for the Texans this fall provided he is not suspended or worse. I don't see the Texans trading him now with his value in the toilet. And I thought before there was a 50/50 chance Watson could sit out the season if he wasn't traded. But now I would fully expect him to play. No better way to rebuild your image in the court of public opinion then by playing.  Sitting out would be a disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Looks like he will be playing QB for the Texans this fall provided he is not suspended or worse. I don't see the Texans trading him now with his value in the toilet. And I thought before there was a 50/50 chance Watson could sit out the season if he wasn't traded. But now I would fully expect him to play. No better way to rebuild your image in the court of public opinion then by playing.  Sitting out would be a disaster. 

I wonder if the commissioner's exempt list could come into play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning into an attempted money grab with all these women piling in for a quick payday opportunity is what it looks like

37 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah, especially the forced oral allegation, that one really pissed me off. We’ll see what happens, but I am really really shocked and I’m devastated that either a) This all really happened or b) That this many people are lying. I’m beginning to lose hope in this world.

 

People will do a lot for money....including kill for it. Accusing a random person you really have no relationship with to get some is well within a lot of people's moral compass.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Disagree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Turning into an attempted money grab with all these women piling in for a quick payday opportunity is what it looks like

 

People will do a lot for money....including kill for it. Accusing a random person you really have no relationship with to get some is well within a lot of people's moral compass.

 

Yes, that looks like the most likely thing happening here 🙄     

People also do a hell of a lot to get laid, and more to excert power over someone...like rape

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"PLAINTIFF HAD NEVER DONE A MASSAGE BEFORE SO SHE THOUGHT MAYBE THIS WAS NORMAL BEHAVIOR"

 

This whole thing seems weird and really hard to believe. But who knows.

 

 

Edited by Process
  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When you read these things they are saying it almost sounds like a fetish... Which is what lots of these people in power have done in the past that have come to light.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Interesting you bring that up a few years back Deion Sanders had his reality show Prime U he had his wife at the time talk to the draft prospects about this very subject and how she knew women who openly targeted athletes cause they where still at an age where they where used to being the big men on campus and getting everything they wanted but now they had large bank accounts and all it took was one encounter for them to hook them in    

 

They go over stuff like this at the Rookie Symposium every year. They have former players that mishandled their money and lost everything and come in and tell cautionary tales. They do a lot of seminars there to help guys adjust to life as an NFL player. From what I understand, however, is that more than half the prospects sleep through it or wear headphones and tune out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah, especially the forced oral allegation, that one really pissed me off. We’ll see what happens, but I am really really shocked and I’m devastated that either a) This all really happened or b) That this many people are lying. I’m beginning to lose hope in this world.

 

 

Why is anyone shocked and/or devastated to learn that a famous man abuses women?

 

Is it because, although none off us known anything at all about the him, we assumed he was a nice guy?

 

Are we "shocked" that women often feel it isn't worth it to be the first to charge a famous ("beloved") athlete?

 

None of this is even a little bit shocking.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Why is anyone shocked and/or devastated to learn that a famous man abuses women?

 

Is it because, although none off us known anything at all about the him, we assumed he was a nice guy?

 

Are we "shocked" that women often feel it isn't worth it to be the first to charge a famous ("beloved") athlete?

 

None of this is even a little bit shocking.

We are potentially looking at the end of a career.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Yeah, especially the forced oral allegation, that one really pissed me off. We’ll see what happens, but I am really really shocked and I’m devastated that either a) This all really happened or b) That this many people are lying. I’m beginning to lose hope in this world.

 

Never put rich, successful men on a pedestal, unless you know them very personally. And even then. Especially elite athletes who have been treated differently since they began playing sports at a young age. Enjoy the entertainment they provide, and celebrate the good works they might do in the community. But don't ever be shocked to discover dark secrets about the way they treat women. Many men are only as decent as their opportunities allow. 

 

It would be cool if that begins to change now that nothing stays secret for long. Maybe there is a silver lining to our societal loss of privacy. 

 

Think about the Buffalo Bills legends of the 80s and 90s. Or that larger than life legend from the 70s. They're often, but definitely not always, deeply flawed dudes. Elite competitiveness and unshakeable self-confidence don't usually add up to decency.

 

That's my rant. 

 

But here's to hoping that QB17 is a different breed of beast!

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

We are potentially looking at the end of a career.

 

If he is guilty then that's not much of a punishment at all.  He's got 41 million in the bank.  That's about 41 million more than nearly everyone else similarly accused--and those guys don't have many fans weeping for them.

 

I tune in to watch the games on Sundays.  I have a lot of fun here at TBD debating/talking about all this stuff year round, but it really doesn't bother me much as to what happens to these guys if and when they leave the game and are left with millions as they try to negotiate the world where the rest of us have to get by without the adulation that comes with playing a kid's game.   

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Never put rich, successful men on a pedestal, unless you know them very personally. And even then. Especially elite athletes who have been treated differently since they began playing sports at a young age. Enjoy the entertainment they provide, and celebrate the good works they might do in the community. But don't ever be shocked to discover dark secrets about the way they treat women. Many men are only as decent as their opportunities allow. 

 

It would be cool if that begins to change now that nothing stays secret for long. Maybe there is a silver lining to our societal loss of privacy. 

 

Think about the Buffalo Bills legends of the 80s and 90s. Or that larger than life legend from the 70s. They're often, but definitely not always, deeply flawed dudes. Elite competitiveness and unshakeable self-confidence don't usually add up to decency.

 

That's my rant. 

 

But here's to hoping that QB17 is a different breed of beast!

 

I think he is (but I don't know him personally, and even then even if I did...).  He didn't have anything handed to him and came from very humble beginnings.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

I think he is (but I don't know him personally, and even then even if I did...).  He didn't have anything handed to him and came from very humble beginnings.

 

Would be great if we're correct.

 

I don't know if "very humble beginnings" is completely accurate, as he's a talented white dude from a solid family with a successful farm. Many people's beginnings are certainly a heck of a lot humbler than his. He's not a rich kid or a 5-star D-1 recruit, but we caught a glimpse of some tone-deaf teenage privilege in those tweets released on the eve of the draft.

 

Nevertheless I agree that he certainly seems to be a solid person who HAS had to work very hard to get to where he is now. People who know him genuinely seem to like the guy.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

We are potentially looking at the end of a career.

I would agree.  Depends on which charge(s) might be found credibly true. If it’s the forced oral sex that the grand jury finds credible to move forward with the state may make it criminal.  This could easily go past end of career.  

 


 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...