Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

You guys have been busy on this thread.  I’ll say what I said in the beginning of this news.  No one knows and it’s just a matter of waiting it out.  He could’ve done it.  Some women could be piling on to get a payday.  The original complaintent could be changing her story from consensual sex to rape.  Everyone of them could’ve been forced into sex.  As far as a criminal case, what if they didn’t report quickly enough so there is no rape kit with forensic evidence.  

My point is there are too many variables to know.  I’m not calling her(s) liars, nor am I saying the lawyer is a cheat and a liar. I’m also not saying Watson is innocent nor guilty.  Nothing I’ve read so far from you guys infers anything.  The civil suits could also be placing pressure on the police to investigate.  I don’t know and none of you do either.  

Im going to sit back, watch, and hopefully the truth comes out.  One of the worst outcomes would be if he did something wrong, gets pressured to settle, she or they get paid, and have a gag order and no real consequences occur.  That would be awful.  I’ve been in business for a long time, but was clinically trained in the 90’s as a psychotherapist.  I’ve had far too many women divulge highly inappropriate behavior, and in my personal life found out about far too many women who were taken advantage of by a man.  It sickens me as it should you especially seeing as all of you have either a mom, daughter, sister, etc.  The pain and damage that causes on healthy relationships, the women that became obese because they wanted to be unattractive to men, promiscuous, starved themselves, cut themself and I can go on.

Even if something was mutual, and then she gets cold feet, it’s a hard stop.  The flip side is one or more women could be goldiggers and looking for a payday.  I’ll wait til there is a real conclusion to comment.

The opportunity for a trade though is on hold.  This thing is a mess.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don’t think that’s it but could you imagine? I mean if you were right it’d be a bone-shattering scandal for the NFL.

i don’t think that’s the case tho. Watson may not be as squeaky clean as we thought. 

you're probably right. It's the timing I find suspicious

Jesus H! What a bunch of woosies! Grow a GD pair people! You aren’t fooling anyone with all this ‘I don’t really know/maybe it’s the lawyer/cold feet/ yadda yaada disclaimer BS. The guy is a cretin and you all know it. NFL QBs DON’T get massages from tickling tiny Asian women in the privacy of their store-front shop for the beating their occupation delivers. Their masseuse is a muscle-bound monster of a team employee named Brutus and it’s applied in full view of 70 some-odd team personnel. He drops elbow bombs on shoulder blades, ‘Joe Frazier punch’s’ to ribs and shoulders and ‘Chuck Norris karate chops’ to the back and legs. Meek little Asian slaves in their “private bidniz” are reserved for maggots like Robert Kraft and -well.. me!

Y'all sound like OJ is innocent because he was found not guilty -even though most of you graduated clear through the 6th Grade and know better!🤦‍♂️

His career may be saved because of the ‘trade’ many of these ladies are forced into -ala Kraft, but I’m guessing we’ve seen the last of D. Watson on a pro football field.

Heres my disclaimer; I only half believe my theory.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder  if the Houston owner knew of this stuff and kept it hush hush as long as he was playing for Houston.

And now that he wants out, Mr. owner is like, "Nah, you aren't going to play anywhere"

I know its mafia stuff, but just thought about it.

47 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I wonder  if the Houston owner knew of this stuff and kept it hush hush as long as he was playing for Houston.

And now that he wants out, Mr. owner is like, "Nah, you aren't going to play anywhere"

A more likely scenario if the owner knew would be to hope he could trade Watson before anyone else knew.  He could posture that they weren't going to trade him to up his trade value & breathe a huge sigh of relief once the deal was final.  

The last thing Houston's ownership wanted was for this to come out while he was still with the Texans because now he might be suspended or worse, his career may be over if he's criminally prosecuted & convicted.  

From strictly a biased Bills fan perspective, it's too bad the Dolphins or Jets didn't trade a lot to get him and then have this come out right after the beginning of the season when it would be too late to rescind the trade.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

These are serious allegations but I do feel compelled to admit that I too felt personally violated by Deshaun Watson. I was watching him play Ohio state this one time on dec 31 2016 and still haven’t quite overcome the terrifying experience. 

I know that feeling from a certain Saturday in January...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

wouldnt he wait til 5 minutes after the trade, not right before?

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The harder PFT punches the "he guilty" button, the more inherently I will assume he is innocent... Not at because of the case involved, but because PFT has never been on the right side of anything... 

I think they’ve taken both sides so far. Florio wasn’t impressed with the texts released so far at all 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

ESPN article

In Friday's news conference, Buzbee said one of the women said Watson was referred to her by a Texans athletic trainer, while another woman said Watson was referred to her by Quincy Avery, Watson's personal quarterback coach and athletic trainer.

I guess that doesn't stop the next contact from being by Insta DM?

The seven lawsuits filed so far depict a pattern of sexual assault against massage therapists in the Houston area. One woman alleges she was forced into oral sex during the course of the massage. Six of the lawsuits allege these were one-time encounters with Watson, but one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Watson on multiple occasions. That lawsuit says the first massage was booked through the spa where the licensed aesthetician worked. The six other lawsuits allege Watson first inquired about the massage through Instagram direct messages.

Three of the four lawsuits filed Thursday night accuse him of inappropriate contact; the fourth said he forcibly tried to kiss a woman.

"Watson's behavior is part of a disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women," the fourth lawsuit reads.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they’ve taken both sides so far. Florio wasn’t impressed with the texts released so far at all 

From the parts I heard, I thought Florio did a really nice job of staying neutral but also staying factual such as pointing out that the lawyer was recruiting plaintiffs in his first Insta post and also that asking to have attention to the glutes isn't exactly a red flag for an athlete, since you know, they get sore there.

I will say this.  From what little I know, mostly following athletes on Insta and a bit of contact with former athletes at parties and such, they tend to have "their guys" (or gals) who provide regular services.  Hunting down services and making arrangements consumes scarce time.  So they tend to find barbers and chefs and trainers and PTs and massage therapists they like, and then stick with them - going so far as to fly them in for haircuts if they change teams.  It's actually like most people do, but more so since most of us are more like $23 for a haircut (not $213 or $2113 plus a plane ticket and a taxi from the airport).

There was an article about Cog when he was in Buffalo, he had a woman come to his apartment regularly on Tuesday to give him a massage.  Now Cog was a known Pig with women, but I'd bet money he treated that woman with the utmost respect 100% of the time, because he wanted her continued services.

So to me, it's kinda weird that apparently Watson set up massages with so many different massage therapists.  Either he was extraordinarily picky and just couldn't find the right therapist, or they were each "One and Done" with doing business with him, which doesn't usually happen when there's nothing "off" taking place.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

This just has a Jack Easterby feel to it

There's nothing to be gained by him for doing this.  It reduces the trade market and compensation for him and opens up an investigation that could get him suspended if they keep him.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys have been busy on this thread.  I’ll say what I said in the beginning of this news.  No one knows and it’s just a matter of waiting it out.  He could’ve done it.  Some women could be piling on to get a payday.  The original complaintent could be changing her story from consensual sex to rape.  Everyone of them could’ve been forced into sex.  As far as a criminal case, what if they didn’t report quickly enough so there is no rape kit with forensic evidence. 

Actually she couldn't because neither rape nor consensual sex are part of the original lawsuit as far as has been released.  It's "indecent conduct", which I had no idea was something one could complain about 🤷‍♂️

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/deshaun-watson-lawsuit-details/285-42abe4a4-44a9-4acc-b84b-1f18579dff15

Jane Doe #1  The first lawsuit accuses Watson of civil assault during a massage at her home last March.

According to the lawsuit, Watson repeatedly asked the woman to focus on his groin area. She said he “purposely” exposed himself and “purposely” touched her with his penis.  The woman says she abruptly ended the massage [edit: and asked him to leave - he left] and Watson later apologized.

I could actually see this being consistent with Watson's claim that he's always treated women with respect (in his world view, he non-verbally tried to initiate sexual behavior, the woman non-verbally declined, he tried again, the woman said "massage is over, get dressed and leave", he got dressed and left. 

I can also see where a professional massage therapist would have a different viewpoint about it, but also why she wouldn't consider it a criminal matter or go to police.  More like "the guy is a jerk, don't book him again, tell my friends"

Jane Doe #2.  The woman is a massage therapist in Atlanta who said Watson contacted her on Instagram last August and agreed to pay for her flight to Houston.  They met at the Houstonian Hotel where he had a suite. The lawsuit alleges Watson refused to cover his genital area with a towel, repeatedly encouraged her to massage there and in other inappropriate areas and touched her with his penis

She said Watson only paid half of what she was owed and later contacted her about getting a massage in Atlanta, but she didn’t respond

I'm unclear on Texas legal definitions but the third lawsuit is the one that alleges forced sex (so far):

Jane Doe #3 The third lawsuit filed alleges sexual assault during a massage at a Houston office building in December 2020.

The woman accused Watson of asking her to massage his genitals, then forcing her to perform oral sex.

The woman said she blacked out from fear and now suffers from panic attacks, anxiety and depression.

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could actually see this being consistent with Watson's claim that he's always treated women with respect (in his world view, he non-verbally tried to initiate sexual behavior, the woman non-verbally declined, he tried again, the woman said "massage is over, get dressed and leave", he got dressed and left. 

I can also see where a professional massage therapist would have a different viewpoint about it, but also why she wouldn't consider it a criminal matter or go to police.  More like "the guy is a jerk, don't book him again, tell my friends"

Agreed. For someone who has never had a message by a legitimate licensed therapist or otherwise, the entire industry is confusing to me. The news, and our culture make it seem as if these happy ending type message parlors are somewhat common and can be found in every city. I can see where Watson thought he was just acting as a normal customer and at the same time the masseuse may have thought this isn't over the top behavior by Watson, or even behavior she hadn't encountered before but at the same time was not at all comfortable and made Watson aware.

If these more sexual message parlors are common in our society I would think quite a few men have gone into one thinking their behavior would be understood only to be quickly reprimanded by the masseuse as the man realizes he is not in one of those parlors.

If anything, this Watson story and the news in Georgia area really just shining light on this industry. One that I am completely naïve about.