Jump to content

Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

You make some valid points, but when it comes to allegations...I would hope that no one on this board, nor Watson, will get into trouble for allegations of anything before investigation and some form of judicial process takes place.

 

I don't care for things being adjucated in the press/social media.

I agree with this ^^^^ 100% !!! 
But it seems like everyday there’s more and more women coming out , BTW how many women are there so far ( until now ) ? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This removes any lingering doubt I had that Watson is guilty. He has a real problem.

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

I agree with this ^^^^ 100% !!! 
But it seems like everyday there’s more and more women coming out , BTW how many women are there so far ( until now ) ?

 

I have lost track.  Last count I heard was 22.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I still remain skeptical of all these accusations more based on the fact that the lawyer filing these suits to me has a bunch of red flags and seems to be on a mission focused on his personal fame and also money.

 

I will say this though...I have seen a lot of people say that Watson is innocent because he has been such a good person image wise on and off the field.  

 

Yet...squeeky clean image guys like Peyton Manning are sex addicts with all kinds of regular sexual transgressions outside their marriage.  Peyton even has apartments set up in different places for his side girls and stuff.  

 

Just like how Tiger Woods had a squeaky clean image too until all his sexual transgressions came to light. 

 

Bill Cosby in the publics eye was a saint until he wasn't.  

 

So while it definitely seems out of character for Watson, thats definitely not a reason to just assume he is innocent either.  I am still waiting to form an opinion on his guilt or innocent until I see more evidence from the accusers.  The first batch of text messages were an absolute joke and in no way proved any wrong doing by Watson.  

 

Agents and lawyers don't know these people.  Coaches and team mates don't know these people.  I, like most people, work 40+ hours/week with the same people every week and I don't "know" them.

 

This seems out of character for Watson according to whom?  

 

People speaking out on his character barely ***** know him.  And it doesn't matter.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

You make some valid points, but when it comes to allegations...I would hope that no one on this board, nor Watson, will get into trouble for allegations of anything before investigation and some form of judicial process takes place.

 

I don't care for things being adjucated in the press/social media.

I do not disagree with anything in the above post HBF. I am all for due process. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reported that several teams are still interested in trading for Watson:

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/21/report-several-teams-remain-interested-in-a-deshaun-watson-trade/

 

 

Who puts their career on the line to commit to this guy with this baggage happening?  Imagine dropping 150M on this then he hits commissioner exemption list for the year.  Then the police find cause to attempt arrest for assault or rape potentially?  
 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Behindenemylines said:

Who puts their career on the line to commit to this guy with this baggage happening?  Imagine dropping 150M on this then he hits commissioner exemption list for the year.  Then the police find cause to attempt arrest for assault or rape potentially?  
 

So you think his career is over ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Putin said:

So you think his career is over ? 

 

I don't think that follows, no.  This could all settle out like many a wealthy athlete's troubles have done in the past...Kobe, Ben Roethlisberger, Greg Hardy, the barroom brawl with off duty officers for McCoy etc. 

 

Money and a great legal team can make a lot of problems go away.  On the other hand, maybe this will be too big to go away and/or will result in legal action as well as civil charges.

 

The point is, a successful trade for Watson will be a "chips all in" move for the FO that trades for him.  They will have to give up serious resources in the way of players and picks, and earmark serious cap towards him.

 

Those kind of moves are career-enhancing for the GM who makes the move if it all works out...and a career-buster for the GM who makes that move only to see the team lose the draft/player resources, AND the services of the player they traded them for for a critical period of time.  He'd be a "cautionary tale".

Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s not trade-able right now.  I’d be surprised if he suits up for Texans this year either.  He’ll get paid but not allowed to play in my opinion.  Even if he’s innocent, it’s gonna take a long time to work through however many allegations he’s up to now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Putin said:

So you think his career is over ? 

Not what I said exactly.  I’m thinking if a team takes this guy and it blows up then that persons career is over     
 

however unless these claims are proven false his reputation will forever have a * with “serial offender” next to it in many people’s minds. Should a team take that baggage on no matter how talented the player?   I wouldn’t want that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

Biggest red flag for me though in this specific case is this:  Lawyer's first statement insisted this "wasn't about money" but that was only AFTER he first offered Watson a 6 figure cash settlement that he turned down.  

 

Its clearly 100% about money and not justice from the get go if you are going to allow the accused to just settle with a financial settlement and not even file the civil suits.  So thats not a good look for the accusing lawyer IMO.  

 

And this lawyer forcing this issue into the court of public opinion on social media is another red flag.  

 

So while I agree with your point above about why some women will be intimidated to come out against a celebrity, there is a lot to be suspicious of in this exact case.  

 

Again RAMPANT speculation, but it’s possible they approached him insisting he took responsibility for his actions. 
 

He rebuffs them in a dismissive “WHO TF are you? You’re a nobody and I’m a somebody” “I can do whatever I want” “You can’t touch me” *insert arrogant ahole insult*
 

Victim won’t tolerate the disrespect, changes motive from compensation to justice. 
 

Just an example off the top of my head and is not based on any facts or knowledge.

Edited by DaggersEOD
Auto correct
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Who puts their career on the line to commit to this guy with this baggage happening?  Imagine dropping 150M on this then he hits commissioner exemption list for the year.  Then the police find cause to attempt arrest for assault or rape potentially?  
 


well understand if Watson’s smart and settles these all quickly best believe every single one of those settlements will have a non-cooperation clause in there and then any criminal investigation and NFL league investigation is dead-ended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s not trade-able right now.  I’d be surprised if he suits up for Texans this year either.  He’ll get paid but not allowed to play in my opinion.  Even if he’s innocent, it’s gonna take a long time to work through however many allegations he’s up to now.  

Unless he just settles with all of the women , and this could go away in a day 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:


well understand if Watson’s smart and settles these all quickly best believe every single one of those settlements will have a non-cooperation clause in there and then any criminal investigation and NFL league investigation is dead-ended.

And what’s the settlement per person going to be?   I’d bet $500k minimum and we are at 24.  so right now $12m plus legal of 4-5M.    He’s not settling because maybe there is another 24 out there.  Financial ruin and no career. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

 

Again RAMPANT speculation, but it’s possible they approached him insisting he took responsibility for his actions. 
 

He rebuffs them in a dismissive “WHO TF are you? You’re a nobody and I’m a somebody” “I can do whatever I want” “You can’t touch me” *insert arrogant ahole insult*
 

Victim won’t tolerate the disrespect, changes motive from compensation to justice. 
 

Just an example off the top of my head and is not based on any facts or knowledge.

 

Just my opinion...but...A guilty man pays in that scenario, especially only being 6 figures given what Watson has made in his career.  Which is why Trump paid the porn star.  He wouldn't risk not taking the easy way out for 6 figures, Watson can easily afford it.  His reputation and his current situation is too valuable to risk it becoming public if they have evidence against him.

 

So while I see your point, and I know you are saying just a speculative example, still feels like its unlikely for the reasons I stated.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...