Hunter Henry to Pats

Patriots are the type of team that will swoop in a trade for Russell Wilson somehow and boom they’re super bowl favorites. They have draft capital to do these kind of things and Bellichek may want one last hoorah to stick it to Brady.

I would hate if this happened btw

you can not truly believe Patriots are putting all their faith in Cam

Edited by ToBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Not sure I love their slightly haywire strategy but the Patriots have definitely upgraded the roster. I wonder if they are gonna try and trade up into the top 10 for a QB? Hence filling a lot of gaps in FA?

Bill, they ALWAYS had a plan to go big on spending this year. They very clearly set themselves up last year to go big in 2021, and it was reported on. When the financial effect of COVID on the cap became known (which was well before the start of last season), they figured that having a ton of space this year (because more teams than ever would be up against it) would give them a competitive advantage in FA.  And they're not like the Bengals; their owner isn't cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Pats moves to me are a clear indicator that they have their eyes on trading up for a QB in the 1st round.

I dont think they're signing all of these weapons just to watch Cam Newton throw them ground-balls all season. Will it be a trade up into the 5-7 range for Fields or Trey Lance or will it be a trade up into the 9-13 range for Mac Jones?  Not sure, but my gut tells me they'd prefer an athletic type so my money is on Fields or Lance.

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

wow they are buying a team this year huh? they must have faith cam can get back to form

isn't that what free agency is? Everyone signs players. I also think they add another QB and Cam won't be the starter but they now have 2 pretty good TEs

Just now, TheBeaneBandit said:

Signing the top 2 TEs in free agency to play against a team with a weak ass pass rush is a strong plan whether folks want to admit ot or not. They can work the chains all day and wear us right down.

And it’s a smart structure of offense for a rookie QB.  Which they’re clearly going to have.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The Jets under their previous GM entered the season with lots of cap space.  As their season tanked, he was attacked for saving all this cap space.

It's one of multiple reasons he was eventually fired.  In the uber-competitive NFL, unused cap space doesn't earn anyone any praise. 

What ever happened to "cash to cap?" 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

isn't that what free agency is? Everyone signs players. I also think they add another QB and Cam won't be the starter but they now have 2 pretty good TEs

i think they are going mac jones in the draft and setting him up with weapons esp tight ends who are the young qb's best friend

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4