Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm starting to believe this cap management thing can't be as hard as people make out. Beane makes it look soooooooooo easy.👍👍👍👍

It's not hard........John Butler always used to find the money to re-sign his guys.:thumbsup:

Looks like another team friendly deal by Beane & Co. Good job again. Glad that DW is coming back at a reasonable rate. These two re-signings have given them a lot of draft flexibility now. Should be pretty interesting considering that they don't pick until #30...or do they? 😉

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Awesome news! (Unless you’re like@BADOLBILZ , not a fan of quality linemen and preferring an all-WR offense.)

Here we thought both Milano and Williams were goners, and we managed to keep both! Good stuff.

Daryl Williams was the only high priority to re-sign, IMO.

It's an offense-driven team........the Bills finished second in the NFL in scoring.........quality blocking is a lot more important to this team than Matt Milano on a middle of the league defense.

The tackle position is more important than a guard........not going to find many guards who can man-up on an island with TJ Watt and shut him down.   DW just had a very good year and he has an actual All Pro season in his recent past.....and they got him for less years,  lower AAV and almost half the guaranteed money of Milano.    

That is a good value.

Now as for who is more valuable,  a guard like Elgton Jenkins that you have complained about Beane passing on.......or WR's like DK Metcalf or AJ Brown who were also passed on in favor of Cody Ford?

Obviously, the two latter players, stud playmakers,  are heading toward approx $22M aav second contracts..........Elgton is playing at a similar level but at a lesser valued position so he will be lucky to get $12M and a lesser % of that overall deal in guarantees.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Looks like Beane wants to win another executive of the year award.

One day it will be named after him, like the Lombardi Trophies he lines up!  

:)

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Bills making the smart moves, now we need a better RG, so we can run the ball.

I thought Mongo was one of the better run blockers last season. I think the lack of a consistent run game was in part due to scheme and the effective nature of the passing attack. Wouldn’t mind upgrading one of the guard positions but edge is the bigger need in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1