Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

Just now, ngbills said:

Most of what I read predicted something like 4 years and 35M. Sportrac had a value of $7.8M per. So looks like the Bills basically paid market. Dont see anything that was predicting $10M+. 

Haha. She has said the Browns are after basically ever free agent. They wanted Watt and then supposedly didnt that much. Then David, then Milano, and also want Durpee, Hendrickson, Lawson, Reddick, Barrett and anyone else you can think of. 

Ok you ask for a source I gave you one with direct ties to the browns 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Yes ... this was done about two months ago, and Mike Ginnetti who is Spotrac was interviewed by Matt Parino recently and he said he could get $12M ...

I don't disagree, but I think 12m is maxed out overpaying.  9 is a fair and square deal.  

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Most of what I read predicted something like 4 years and 35M. Sportrac had a value of $7.8M per. So looks like the Bills basically paid market. Dont see anything that was predicting $10M+. 

Don’t be shy... share these articles you read 

Ive already explained the Spotrac value..: they changed their mind in his value over the past 3 months...

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I don't disagree, but I think 12m is maxed out overpaying.  9 is a fair and square deal.  

I guess we can only see what other guys end up signing for in FA next week then and try to speculate how much Williams would have got...

The important thing is that he is here ... at least another 2 years...

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they are genuinely in BPA territory now. Still think Greg Newsome is in play if he is there. An OT in the first 3 rounds probably not.

I'm on board but He ran a 4.38 40 at his pro-day and PFF said he only allowed 12 catches on 34 attempts for 94 yards so he might not make it to 30...

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I think it depends.

If he plays like he did last year, 9 is an absolute bargain.

The reason I think he got less is because of his previous injury concerns, and I do believe he took a bit of a discount to remain in Buffalo.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

They still have to prove they can beat KC.

They didn't even come close in 2020.

I am excited about the Bills taking that next step, but we shall see.

Why are you guys down on what I said?

Am I lying?

Don't the Bills STILL have to overcome the Chiefs to win the SB?

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So Rumblings predicted 4 years, $35M, $18M guaranteed ($8.75/yr)

Actual is being reported as 3 years, $28.2M, $9.4M/yr with $14M guaranteed. 

My guess for his cap hit would be would be $8-9M signing bonus, $4M salary this year for a total cap hit (with roster and workout bonuses and stuff) around $7M

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Your guess is as good as mine, but Kelce will be 32 next year, so he might slow down a tick and maybe the Bills can find someone who can cover him.

You gotta respect them to you beat them... but you can’t build a team just to beat one other team....

This offseason still has some playing out to do... might be interesting if Watson or Wilson move to an AFC East team ... 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Rumblings predicted 4 years, $35M, $18M guaranteed ($8.75/yr)

Actual is being reported as 3 years, $28.2M, $9.4M/yr with $14M guaranteed. 

My guess for his cap hit would be would be $8-9M signing bonus, $4M salary this year for a total cap hit (with roster and workout bonuses and stuff) around $7M

based on what my cbs sports app just updated me w, looks like about 14-16mm (accounting for bonus and such and such) over two years w the third year being a bit bigger, so pretty normal.

i may be off, but i think we are perhaps one more restructure on someone away from having money to sign a real TE or pass rusher in the open market, or an OK TE and a more of an ok De.

either edmunds, epenesa, or somebody has to step up if we don't get anyone new (i suppose we could find a diamond in the draft) for our D to be as effective as it was in 18/19

40 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I'm on board but He ran a 4.38 40 at his pro-day and PFF said he only allowed 12 catches on 34 attempts for 94 yards so he might not make it to 30...

Sadly don't think he will. I have been banging on about him since I watched his film the first week of Jan. Everyone has woken up the last 3 or 4 weeks. Ceiling is sky, sky high.