Cuomo sexual allegations

Unforgiven

I think the sexual harassment allegations gives him an easy out. It's little coincidence that started warming up as questions about the nursing homes gained a little traction. I don't think he knew about the cover up personally and he's refusing to go down for it. He's in self preservation mode.

I'm sure the plan is to resign well before any in-depth investigation into the nursing homes begins and there will be a concerted effort to "move on" and get back to normal. 

Why?  I think the fatalities at the nursing homes are significantly higher than what's been revealed to date, there were things done not in accord with the law, and somebody will need to go to jail for it.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Good stuff.  

I especially liked the comment form Anna Navarro-Cardenas that Cuomo’s press conferences were “chicken soup for the soul”.  Sure, the chicken soup doled out to our elderly, infirmed and confined population included 2 part chicken broth 1 part COVID, and yeah, they were forced to consume it, but great analogy.  

Yet another reason to acknowledge that just because someone has a Twitter handle and an opinion doesn’t mean they are not dumb as *&$#.  

• Like (+1) 1

I heard someone comment the other night: Cuomo served his purpose as a political foil for Trump during the run up to the election. They don’t need him anymore, so he’s being tossed aside. It makes you wonder who the heck is actually pulling the strings inside or behind the Democratic Party these days. Everyone knows that they think and use talking points in lock step. Where is the Party headed if they’ll toss the Governor of NY in the trash to get there. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I heard someone comment the other night: Cuomo served his purpose as a political foil for Trump during the run up to the election. They don’t need him anymore, so he’s being tossed aside. It makes you wonder who the heck is actually pulling the strings inside or behind the Democratic Party these days. Everyone knows that they think and use talking points in lock step. Where is the Party headed if they’ll toss the Governor of NY in the trash to get there. 

The trump party really has no leg to stand on when it comes to sexual harassment claims, don't you think?  

The answer to the issue with Cuomo is simple; he screwed up and he should not remain in office.  The same should have been said about Trump before he ever got elected.  Biden to me not so much; his was acting in his mind more paternalistic to me but I can appreciate the argument against that.  Now you have this young Congressman from NC that is being shown to have a sexual harassment history.

We used to have people of integrity running for office.  That used to be a pre-requisite; things like character mattered.  Now it's just a cesspool all around.  

And please stop with the Democrats being in lock step as if they are unique in that regard.  Or did you not watch any of the CPAC conference this past weekend?

• Agree 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

The trump party really has no leg to stand on when it comes to sexual harassment claims, don't you think?  

The answer to the issue with Cuomo is simple; he screwed up and he should not remain in office.  The same should have been said about Trump before he ever got elected.  Biden to me not so much; his was acting in his mind more paternalistic to me but I can appreciate the argument against that.  Now you have this young Congressman from NC that is being shown to have a sexual harassment history.

We used to have people of integrity running for office.  That used to be a pre-requisite; things like character mattered.  Now it's just a cesspool all around.  

And please stop with the Democrats being in lock step as if they are unique in that regard.  Or did you not watch any of the CPAC conference this past weekend?

My comments were analytical, not political. My comment about lock step was not to suggest right against left. My point is that there’s a reason why the Left isn’t coming to his aid right now where they have with others in their circle. Cuomo was a superstar just weeks ago? But we all know that wasn’t true. He was being used as a foil. He was useful. Now, he isn’t. Politics is an ugly business on BOTH sides of the aisle. The question you always should be asking is what’s going on behind the scenes, and who’s pulling the levers? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The Dems didn't have a leg to stand on either because of Bill, don't you think?

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Dems didn't have a leg to stand on either because of Bill, don't you think?

I felt he should have been convicted in the Senate.  I don’t think there’s a dearth of scumbags on either side of the aisle.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

On the heels of the dust-up where you thought I called you a liar, I want to let you know that I think you seem like a good man.  Smart, thoughtful, introspective and while I disagree with a lot of things you say, I understand where you're coming from.  You remind me of one of my buddies on the West Coast, a guy I respect yet have no earthly clue how he developed some of his thought processes.  With that in mind...

This is the type of boomer thought process that has, in part,  brought us to where we are today.  Classic enablement, bending over to contort oneself to prop up the support of a guy who exhibits the tendency of a sexual predator.  Biden "paternalistic"?  He was accused by 8 women of making them uncomfortable with his hands, proximity and nuzzling their hair.  He was accused by a 9th with violent sexual assault.  He ran in the halls of the Senate as a good old boy, back when women were mindful of who might be in the elevator or might sneak up behind them in the supplies closet.  

The problem with Cuomo isn't what is happening today---the problem is these patterns don't suddenly appear out of nowhere.  It would seem fairly obvious this has been his MO, bully, grab, grope and move on to the next.  Where the heck is the media on this issue?  Obviously they were in the same space when he was doing the unthinkable during COVID and blaming everyone but himself, cooking the books all day long.  

As for Trump, we all see things through our own lens.  I see a guy who was a media darling for decades, friend to all the notable folks who wanted to stand in the bright light he cast, and undoubtably chasing women by the score.  I knew the fix was in when the infamous Billy Bush tape "surfaced"--when he switched from media darling to public enemy number one.   What he said was and is fundamentally and demonstrably true.  The terms 'groupie' and 'golddigger' have historically been used to categorize women of the sort DJT was referring to.  To pretend that isn't a part of life for the rich and famous is just plain silly.  I've not yet met one woman--conservative, liberal, or in-between who hasn't indicated as much.  

That said--you choose to believe he's serial sexual abuser, I get that.  However, carrying Biden's water as he nuzzled his franks and beans  into the backside of women, often as their husbands and families stood close by simply encourages predatory behavior.  He did it because he IS Joe Biden and because he knew he could.  He was right. 

Finally, the good old days of politics.  Are you speaking of the time of McCarty and the red scare?   The Kennedy brothers taking turns with a starlet desperate for love and cozying up to the mob?  Or the other one--the guy who's definition of character was skating around Martha's Vineyard with young woman and heroically reporting he left her at the bottom of the pond promptly within 10 hours of doing so.  Much has been written about that incident, but it certainly can be said that had they just gotten there at 9 hours and 54 minutes she had a real chance to survive.  Maybe you meant Nixon?  Or Lyndon Johnson and the Vietnam war?  Maybe it was the Keating 5, or Bill Clinton and his famous habit of aging his smokes in that humidor aged for 24 years in the hills of Marin County? 

Then again, maybe you are going all the way back to the days of Geo Washington.  One thing is certain--Biden represents just about the perfect stereotype of a politician--a glad hander who can't keep track of the lies he's told, a guy with a penchant for saying the strangest things, a guy who feels like women are his personal property, and when called on it, a guy who apologized for the women not understanding him and who he is.  Cuomo did the same thing, and it will work for the same reasons---lots of folks will breathe a sigh of relief that Cuomo woked up and 'owned' it.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/28/2021 at 12:29 PM, T master said:

That resembles our gov't saying their going to be transparent then pushing bills through that no one in congress gets to read and the people know nothing about or being able to keep your Dr. then not being able to keep your Dr. in reality or saying you denounce terrorism then giving a terrorist pallets of money ?

Or telling every one stye need to wear a mask to stop the spread of the virus then going out to get your hair done with no mask and saying that you have been set up ? 

Is that the same kind of hypocrisy you mean ? Just asking .

#allhypocrisymatters

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I felt he should have been convicted in the Senate.  I don’t think there’s a dearth of scumbags on either side of the aisle.

I disagree.  They caught him lying about a personal matter, not what they set out to get him over.

And yes, there are tons of scumbags on either side.  Which means no one should be using this avenue of attack.

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It makes you wonder who the heck is actually pulling the strings inside or behind the Democratic Party these days. 

It's either the Jews, the Chinese CCP or Satan. Pick two and stick with it. 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

I disagree.  They caught him lying about a personal matter, not what they set out to get him over.

And yes, there are tons of scumbags on either side.  Which means no one should be using this avenue of attack.

Committed perjury.  That's a conviction in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/we-dont-like-cuomo-now-says-every-late-night-host-in-perfect-robotic-unison

PUPPETS ON A STRING: ‘We Don’t Like Cuomo Now,’ Says Every Late-Night Host In Perfect Robotic Unison.

article-8121-2.jpg

They really are such tools.

And such obvious tools at that.

The one good thing about getting older is I'm fast asleep when those clowns come on the air.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

I shouldn't find this funny but I do...Pretty much harmless since she seems to be going right along with it.

Plays like a bit from The Office

I wanted to see her take a knife and fork and cut it up into little bite size pieces.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The business of politics is almost as gross as 63 year old governor running around acting like a drunk frat boy. Knives are out. Also they’d rather bury him with this to avoid more nursing home conversations. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

I said it earlier. Politics is a blood sport. Cuomo was a tool. A means to the end of getting rid of Trump. He served his purpose. Now he must be kicked to the curb. Think about it. Did he get a cushy job in the Biden Administration? Nope! They know he’d be a threat to Kamala in four years so he must go...now! Sorry Andrew, it was great you came in and won a playoff game but we’re in the Super Bowl now...take a seat on the bench!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I said it earlier. Politics is a blood sport. Cuomo was a tool. A means to the end of getting rid of Trump. He served his purpose. Now he must be kicked to the curb. Think about it. Did he get a cushy job in the Biden Administration? Nope! They know he’d be a threat to Kamala in four years so he must go...now! Sorry Andrew, it was great you came in and won a playoff game but we’re in the Super Bowl now...take a seat on the bench!

HA - this is nothing more than a hit job by Donald, Rudy, Roger and Rupert. They want Cuomo out so they can try to get a GOP Governor to pardon Trump.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They want Cuomo out so they can try to get a GOP Governor to pardon Trump.

Such nonsense 

It's like billZtime isn't even trying anymore.............:D

WAS THIS BEFORE OR AFTER HE ISSUED THE ORDER RESULTING IN THOUSAND OF UNNECESSARY NURSING HOME DEATHS? 

Cuomo Signed Law Lowering the Bar for Sexual Harassment. 

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/cuomo-signed-law-lowering-the-bar-for-sexual-harassment/

“’Love Gov’ likely liable under new standards.”

DUH: 

Poll: More NY Voters Think Cuomo Should Resign Over Nursing Home Scandal Than Sexual Harassment.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/poll-more-ny-voters-think-cuomo-should-resign-over-nursing-home-scandal-than-sexual-harassment/

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Such nonsense 

It's like billZtime isn't even trying anymore.............:D

WAS THIS BEFORE OR AFTER HE ISSUED THE ORDER RESULTING IN THOUSAND OF UNNECESSARY NURSING HOME DEATHS? 

Cuomo Signed Law Lowering the Bar for Sexual Harassment. 

https://freebeacon.com/democrats/cuomo-signed-law-lowering-the-bar-for-sexual-harassment/

“’Love Gov’ likely liable under new standards.”

DUH: 

Poll: More NY Voters Think Cuomo Should Resign Over Nursing Home Scandal Than Sexual Harassment.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/03/poll-more-ny-voters-think-cuomo-should-resign-over-nursing-home-scandal-than-sexual-harassment/

@B-Man

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This is easily proven.

I will defer to the other 'Progressive' posters at PPP.

When you think of the current uptake in allegations against Andrew Cuomo,

does your mind immediately head to where billZtime went ?

49 minutes ago, BillStime said:

They want Cuomo out so they can try to get a GOP Governor to pardon Trump.

It is a ludicrous leap to get that idea, let alone post it.

But, Tiberius, Moterin, Scraps, Thurmal, SoTier, Widenine..............you tell me that that is what the Cuomo scandal is really about

and I will apologize.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This is easily proven.

I will defer to the other 'Progressive' posters at PPP.

When you think of the current uptake in allegations against Andrew Cuomo,

does your mind immediately head to where billZtime went ?

It is a ludicrous leap to get that idea, let alone post it.

But, Tiberius, Moterin, Scraps, Thurmal, SoTier, Widenine..............you tell me that that is what the Cuomo scandal is really about

and I will apologize.

You seem particularly triggered - can you explain why?