Tiberius

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Didn't that pathetic clown loose? He lost. He is a loser 

And this guy won: 

_63464248_63461743.thumb.jpg.7b13dbcbab0e754df59b2a0ca0aa3a18.jpg

Loose?  What a moron.  What a mess.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Irv said:

Desperate made-for-TV attempt to save Joke Biden's career.  Adios Cheney.  What a mess.  

Cheney? She's just getting started. Trump is the loser. What's he doing now? Sending murderer Putin love letters? 

Edited by Tiberius

I suppose we can rely on places like CNN to keep us up to date on current events, right?

A reporter standing in front of a burning building and telling you that the protests are most peaceful sure was a doozy.

Or maybe we should rely on multiple networks telling us that five law enforcement officers died because of January 6th. A blatant lie told over and over and over again.

So if the question is are non Fox viewers better informed about the current corporate media narrative? Yes, then that is absolutely true.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

Cheney? She's just getting started. Trump is the looser. What's he doing now? Sending murderer Putin love letters? 

Have you already seen previews of episode two?  I hope there's some cutaways to the illicit affair during the Russia investigation between the lead FBI agent and the agency attorney.  I also think the actress playing Cheney needs to be replaced.  For one, her characterization of the role makes her unlikable.  I'm thinking Renee Zellwegger! 

7 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Have you already seen previews of episode two?  I hope there's some cutaways to the illicit affair during the Russia investigation between the lead FBI agent and the agency attorney.  I also think the actress playing Cheney needs to be replaced.  For one, her characterization of the role makes her unlikable.  I'm thinking Renee Zellwegger! 

Did you laugh when that police officer talked about her being run over by the Trump riffraff? 

It's really hard to understand how anyone could watch that presentation and still defend it as a peaceful protest or handwave it away because it was definitely all the fault of sleeper FBI agents.

These people were traitors to the US and they attacked our government.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It's really hard to understand how anyone could watch that presentation and still defend it as a peaceful protest or handwave it away because it was definitely all the fault of sleeper FBI agents.

Today's GOP 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ALF said:

The main thing is to remove any shadow of a doubt about future election results accuracy . That should prevent another Jan 6 disaster.

That wouldn't, unfortunately. The system is broken and it's not going to get better. We're headed towards a corporate republic one way or another, IMO.

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The sad part is that it's not hard to understand anymore. This is the reality we live in. Or should I say the many realities we interact with.

This is how the machines take over the human race... 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Histrionics aside, it was terrible to watch, but little different than scenes we saw play out almost nightly for months on end in 2020.  The huge differences are that it was just one afternoon, nowhere near the amount of death, injury and monetary damage was done, and we didn't have stupid thinking like "we need to defund the police!" that was acted on and made it unsafe for everyone.  The Capitol is and will be more secure than ever so nothing like this ever happens again.  Not that it should have the first time because, again, someone refused to provide security that everyone knew was needed.  And that's what we won't be finding out in this charade.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Maybe because nobody here has said that. Every single person who entered the capitol should face appropriate punishment. Got it?

What's amazing to us is how people can watch the events of J6 and call it an insurrection. 

When not a single firearm was confiscated among the protesters. A rag tag bunch of unarmed, mostly older Americans was going to stage a coup over the the most powerful nation in the world? Lol. It's beyond ridiculous. 

Then you have the incredibly lax security with video showing capitol police standing by as people streamed in as if they were entering a museum, even remaining inside the velvet ropes. Lol. Insurrection!

And yes, it appears there were FBI informants present, one of whom was front and center in the group that made the initial breach of the police barricade. Talk about handwaving away crucial video evidence.

The only people who died on J6 as a direct result of the "insurrection" were protesters.  Yet all we hear about are the five police officers who died as a result of J6, a blatant lie.

So yes, if you want to call J6 an insurrection then you've been had. Again.

Edited by DRsGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

So, you found one "liberal" source who probably thought they were clever as ***** with the "summer rerun" line...probably wrote it days ago. No doubt, there are many more sources that found the hearing substantive. 

If you were really truly interested, you would have watched.  As I, and others pointed out, there was new info presented.  But, you with your "less mailable mind" aren't open to new information.  Your biggest concern in all of this is whether anyone's opinions are swayed after the first hearing, it seems...not the content, or what was revealed.  Coming to this forum for your "inquiry" will no doubt make you feel like all is well in your closed minded world.

You and your "brothers" here talk about the cowardice of others...it makes me laugh.  You throw your support behind some of the most cowardly politicians we have ever witnessed.  Back to your incells...

I throw my support by which politicians now? 

That’s clearly uninformed.

as to the other, do tell;

What were the revelations? 

Did we find out what really happened?

Did dumb orange guy suggest he actually won the election?? First I’d heard of this!!!

None of this obfuscates the current administrations incompetence. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

Here's How You Know the January 6th Committee Has Nothing

The January 6th committee held a primetime hearing, garnering complete buy-in for the stunt from all the networks and cable stations except Fox News, and it didn’t take long for the clips to start coming out. What transpired was a political show trial that would make Stalin blush.

Of course, one can have their opinion of January 6th, and that opinion can include it being a terrible event that should be roundly condemned. What happened was profoundly stupid and harmful. It doesn’t matter what a person believes about the 2020 election. Being an idiot isn’t a political strategy and running one’s head into a woodchipper accomplishes nothing, even if it wasn’t a “coup.”

But that has little to do with this sham committee. It is now June 2022, and the condemnations have been done to death. Republicans, especially those that had absolutely nothing to do with January 6th, are not bound by an oath to keep hyperventilating over it for all of eternity. And more to the point, the most obvious takeaway from last night’s hearing was that this committee has nothing to actually offer.

{snip}

There was no organized, pre-planned insurrection on January 6th. There was a protest where several hundred people splintered off and did a bad thing, and they are paying dearly for it. Donald Trump, as much as one may hate him, did not order or even insinuate an order for people to enter the Capitol. In fact, he did the opposite.

All the rest of the pomp and circumstance about Trump associates talking about challenging certification is not illegal. How do I know? Because Jamie Raskin and Bennie Thompson, both members of the January 6th committee, have previously challenged the certification of presidential elections.

This committee is a farce. Listen closely and you won’t hear anything at all. It’s a waste of time, rehashing what we already know in dramatic fashion in the vain hope that people will forget they are paying $5 a gallon for gas and $12 for a pack of bacon. It’s not going to work.

Read the whole thing.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/10/heres-how-you-know-the-january-6th-committee-has-nothing-n576964

afb061022dAPR20220610054506.jpg

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I throw my support by which politicians now? 

That’s clearly uninformed.

as to the other, do tell;

What were the revelations? 

Did we find out what really happened?

Did dumb orange guy suggest he actually won the election?? First I’d heard of this!!!

None of this obfuscates the current administrations incompetence. 

That isn't what the hearing is about...and it is a clear indication that you are nothing but a troll

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

That isn't what the hearing is about...and it is a clear indication that you are nothing but a troll

i see, suggesting you contribute some infinitesimal value to a political discussion forum you willingly engage, to the subject this thread is about, is ‘trolling’.  I feel sorry for you. 

13 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Secession would be a rude awakening for all of those red states that rely on the generosity of blue states and the federal government. 

In the “makers vs takers” conversation, states run by Republicans are generally takers. 

not only would it be a rude awakening for everyone, state level just might not cut it. Take for example nys, NYC area costal elites don’t care about upstate ny. I’m sure there is plenty of trumpy country west and north of Albany or even just anti progressives who don’t like the 2022 version of dumicrats. 

at a county level, red counties own the energy and food production. Yeah they may not be able to benefit from a triple leveraged bear market ETF in their retirement account if barriers were erected, and maybe they’d have to live off of less hand outs, or send their hand out seekers to blue state…  but you sound like a jilted husband explaining why the divorce will benefit everyone. 

it won’t. What we need to to is package up the elites and extremists, send them to Alaska or Hawaii and then cut all ties. 

ANN ALTHOUSE ON THE 1/6 COMMITTEE: 

“They should be scrupulous in how they use evidence or they ruin their own credibility. This seems like a blatant example of stretching — of making the evidence fit the conclusion you want to draw.”

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/06/ivanka-trump-recalled-when-attorney.html

It’s a show trial. Also, using family members to condemn the accused is a show-trial thing.

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ANN ALTHOUSE ON THE 1/6 COMMITTEE: 

“They should be scrupulous in how they use evidence or they ruin their own credibility. This seems like a blatant example of stretching — of making the evidence fit the conclusion you want to draw.”

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/06/ivanka-trump-recalled-when-attorney.html

It’s a show trial. Also, using family members to condemn the accused is a show-trial thing.

If only we had a bipartisan, independent commission instead.

Oh, wait.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/senate-republicans-filibuster-kill-jan-commission/story?id=77944992

• Haha (+1) 1

Flipping the channel this AM. The yapping yentas on the View were having orgasms reviewing the TV show from last night. Every other word out of their mouths was Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah we ended up with a "bi-partisan" committee alright.  ^_^

oh no THE FEDERALIST!!!

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/21/nancy-pelosi-kicks-ranking-republicans-jim-jordan-jim-banks-off-partisan-jan-6-commission/

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” she wrote.

So Jim Jordan gets to be the ranking member on the Judiciary Committee, but he's unacceptable to participate in the 1/6 commission? Nancy Pelosi has lost her mind.

— Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) July 21, 2021

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Yeah we ended up with a "bi-partisan" committee alright.  ^_^

oh no THE FEDERALIST!!!

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/21/nancy-pelosi-kicks-ranking-republicans-jim-jordan-jim-banks-off-partisan-jan-6-commission/

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee,” she wrote.

So Jim Jordan gets to be the ranking member on the Judiciary Committee, but he's unacceptable to participate in the 1/6 commission? Nancy Pelosi has lost her mind.

— Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) July 21, 2021

I'm genuinely curious:

1.) Why do you suppose republicans used the filibuster to kill a bipartisan, independent commission? Doesn't it seem like the events of January 6th were serious enough to warrant such an investigation?

2.) Do you think it's reasonable, after killing a bipartisan, independent commission, to complain that the commission wound up being not bipartisan or independent enough?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So who sent them to the capital? 

The charge of “seditious conspiracy” requires prosecutors to prove that at least two people conspired to use force to overthrow the government, oppose its authority or subvert the execution of a U.S. law. Such charges have been brought against some of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm genuinely curious:

1.) Why do you suppose republicans used the filibuster to kill a bipartisan, independent commission? Doesn't it seem like the events of January 6th were serious enough to warrant such an investigation?

I'm going to go with the same reason democrats kill sensible bills like providing secret service protection to Supreme Court justices whose private homes are being protested at on a nightly basis.  It's completely self serving.

Pro Tip:  Congressional "investigations" are ALWAYS self serving.  Both sides.  Always.

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

2.) Do you think it's reasonable, after killing a bipartisan, independent commission, to complain that the commission wound up being not bipartisan or independent enough?

Do you think it's reasonable to think had they not killed the first attempt that the commission would have have been any more "bipartisan" or independent than what we're currently witnessing? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm genuinely curious:

Because it’s patently unreasonable and wholly partisan behavior to suggest that in addition to selecting their own members to the committee, the party in power gets to choose the members on the other side as well.   

It was a cool switch to see the Dems choose a Cheney for their team, though.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Because it’s patently unreasonable and wholly partisan behavior to suggest that in addition to selecting their own members to the committee, the party in power gets to choose the members on the other side as well.   

It was a cool switch to see the Dems choose a Cheney for their team, though.  

Yup.  "You can have your own members on the committees.  Just ones we choose." :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Flipping the channel this AM. The yapping yentas on the View were having orgasms reviewing the TV show from last night. Every other word out of their mouths was Trump.

You were watching the view?  Lol.   That's worse than getting caught singing along to Celine Dion in the car.

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You were watching the view?  Lol.   That's worse than getting caught singing along to Celine Dion in the car.

Yep we thought he was a closet member of the squad  🙂