Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

People here (like Tibs) who constantly bashed Trump for his ties to Saudi Arabia are eerily quiet on this trip.  

I think it sucks and he shouldn't do it. I get that people care more about gas prices than human rights or democracy, so bringing the prices down could help the Dems in the midterms, but we still shouldn't be doing this.

But yes, Trump still sucks.

58 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I think it sucks and he shouldn't do it. I get that people care more about gas prices than human rights or democracy, so bringing the prices down could help the Dems in the midterms, but we still shouldn't be doing this.

But yes, Trump still sucks.

And qhilw those on the right should be happy to see gas prices drop by the midterms they will need to remind those on the left what part of our collective souls were sold to the devil to make it happen.  

Hypocrisy abounds on both sides.  

• 3 weeks later...

Two huge events shake America's top allies and Sleepy Joe botches the responses to both

By Monica Showalter  July 8, 2022

Joe Biden, the man "elected" to the presidency because his supposed foreign policy chops, is out to lunch as two huge events shake America's top allies east and west.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/07/two_huge_events_shake_americas_top_allies_and_sleepy_joe_botches_the_responses_to_both.html

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

How embarrassing.  We have our own oil but we beg to buy others.  Humiliating.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 1

Biden to announce $1 billion in aid to Middle East, North Africa

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Jul 16 (EFE).- United States President Joe Biden is expected to announce Saturday an assistance of $1 billion for food security in the Middle East and North Africa, following a crisis caused by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. a senior US official told the media.

The president will make the announcement in the framework of a meeting in Jeddah with the leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) +3, that will bring together the heads of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Bahrain and Qatar, the leaders of Iraq, Jordan and Egypt.

https://www.laprensalatina.com/biden-to-announce-1-billion-in-aid-to-middle-east-north-africa/

Joe Biden Lashes out at Reporters as His Global Humiliation Takes Center Stage

7c450378-9557-491b-88d3-559dc4fc19c0-860

President Joe Biden’s no good, very bad week touring the Middle East ended in the wee hours of Sunday morning after he stepped off Air Force One at Joint Base Andrews. The trip, which was filled with an extraordinary amount of gaffes, confusion, senility, and foreign policy failures, delivered no known successes.

What it did deliver was humiliation, and Biden was none too interested in being asked about it upon his return. Reporters gathered on the tarmac in an attempt to address his now infamous fist bump with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman. That led to a tense scene, where the president once again lashed out, something he’s become very prone to do when he gets a question he doesn’t like.

That’s what makes the president’s trip to Saudi Arabia all the more perplexing. Did Biden and his handlers really think he could just show up, especially in his physical and mental state, and push the Saudis around? If they did, they were quickly disabused of the notion.

To recap the grueling ordeal, Biden arrived in Mecca, only greeted by the mayor of the city. That was the first power move.

MBS then got Biden to fist bump him on camera even after the latter had spent years insisting he was going to punish the Saudis for the Khashoggi killing. That caused an uproar immediately among the US media, casting a dark cloud over the trip, and to make matters worse, the US president also appeared to get tricked into absolving MBS personally in a later meeting.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, despite going to Saudi Arabia based on the promise of more oil, Biden left empty-handed, gaining not a single concession.

Are you starting to get the picture now? The humiliation here wasn’t by sheer chance. It was meticulously planned out by the Saudis, and Biden happily walked right into the trap, adding another failure to his 50 years of foreign policy ineptitude. How did his handlers not see it coming?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/07/17/joe-biden-lashes-out-at-reporters-as-his-global-humiliation-takes-center-stage-n596482

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

MBS then got Biden to fist bump him on camera even after the latter had spent years insisting he was going to punish the Saudis for the Khashoggi killing. That caused an uproar immediately among the US media, casting a dark cloud over the trip, and to make matters worse, the US president also appeared to get tricked into absolving MBS personally in a later meeting.

May I refer you back to approximately Page 497 of The Deep State War Heats Up, in which it is revealed that Trump's strategic genius in cozying up to MBS sent shockwaves through the foreign policy establishment, and that only The One, the True Incorruptible One, Donald J. Trump, could ever have accomplished this world-changing result.

And now Biden kisses his ass too, and that's a bad thing?

Where's the effin' Orb though? Did Trump take it to Mar-a-Lago like how the winning team gets to keep the Stanley Cup?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

May I refer you back to approximately Page 497 of The Deep State War Heats Up, in which it is revealed that Trump's strategic genius in cozying up to MBS sent shockwaves through the foreign policy establishment, and that only The One, the True Incorruptible One, Donald J. Trump, could ever have accomplished this world-changing result.

And now Biden kisses his ass too, and that's a bad thing?

Where's the effin' Orb though? Did Trump take it to Mar-a-Lago like how the winning team gets to keep the Stanley Cup?

I think the difference is perspective.  Biden is seen as dealing from a position of weakness.  Trump was not.  Biden's earlier tough talk calling the Saudi's a pariah state in response to the brutal and savage Khashoggi murder that every Middle East observer knew was ordered at the highest levels while also knowing nothing would be done about it.  And now due to high oil and gasoline prices, suddenly forced to go begging for an increase in oil output due to mainly self-inflicted damage caused by bad policy. And seeming to come away hat in hand.  Not a good look.  Trump expressing a desire to strengthen and renew relationships whether just optics or a true intention. 

Watch for further humiliation as Putin makes the rounds after Biden's Middle East visit.  Its guaranteed his trip will be more productive than President Biden's.  The fundamental problem we face is way too many countries are pivoting towards alliances with Russia and China along with non-US controlled organizations because for whatever reason they may have, they view the U.S. as an increasingly unreliable partner and an Empire in decline.    

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I don't care what side of the aisle you are on, that's kinda funny. 

I saw one where they had German Chancellor Scholz in a picture like that, but with an ax, and all the trees in the background cut down.  

(On a serious note, Germany is in serious trouble.)

Well, I would say that his Foreign Policy is outperforming his Domestic Policy...  And considering the dismal state of affairs in our country right now, that's not saying much.  I can imagine, if you voted for Biden, you really have to reach outside of reality to feel like you haven't been duped. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Well, I would say that his Foreign Policy is outperforming his Domestic Policy...  And considering the dismal state of affairs in our country right now, that's not saying much.  I can imagine, if you voted for Biden, you really have to reach outside of reality to feel like you haven't been duped. 

It's either that or lying just to not look like fools.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's either that or lying just to not look like fools.

They could claim how much they have done for the cartels.  Human smuggling and fentanyl business is booming!  The list is long, unless you're a US citizen, then not so much...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 4:26 PM, Doc said:

I'm curious why they voted "no."  Not that it mattered to the passage of it.

I think the legitimate question is "Where have you been over the past 70+ years?" 

Finland and Sweden chose to remain separate from NATO until they saw Russian as an existential threat.  If war had broken out in Europe years ago, would they have been fully committed to NATO members?  I don't know but not being full members of NATO allowed them an out.

Now they are great allies that want to be members of the alliance.  I think that NATO should make them wait (and sweat) a couple of years until they approve their membership.  

• Haha (+1) 1

NATO is what has allowed peace and prosperity to occur in Europe the past 70 yrs. It’s unreal how many representatives in the Republican Party are willing to weaken that alliance to please the former guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, B-Man said:

BREAKING: Iraq Presidential Palace Stormed, U.S. Embassy Helicopter Evacuation

BY STEPHEN GREEN AUG 29, 2022

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/08/29/breaking-iraq-presidential-palace-stormed-us-embassy-helicopter-evacuation-n1624928

Not really Biden's fault as he hasn't done anything yet to screw that pooch worse.  Iraq is at the feet of Bush/Cheney, and always will be IMO.  

Next to invading Iraq in the first place, the most consequential decision was disbanding the Republican Guard and Baath party after the war.  

Guys like Hussein, Gaddafi and Assad suck, but sometimes the alternative is worse from a pure American perspective.  

Edited by dpberr

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

Not really Biden's fault as he hasn't done anything yet to screw that pooch worse.  Iraq is at the feet of Bush/Cheney, and always will be IMO.  

Next to invading Iraq in the first place, the most consequential decision was disbanding the Republican Guard and Baath party after the war.  

Guys like Hussein, Gaddafi and Assad suck, but sometimes the alternative is worse from a pure American perspective.  

Biden voted for the Iraq war.