Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

The sad part is that we have the ability to de-weaponize oil and removing it from impacting foreign relations by simply producing cleaner energy that we are going to burn regardless of where it comes from. ........domestically.

Cleaner. Cheaper. 

The claim that what we produce will be sold overseas is a specious argument.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The sad part is that we have the ability to de-weaponize oil and removing it from impacting foreign relations by simply producing cleaner energy that we are going to burn regardless of where it comes from. ........domestically.

Cleaner. Cheaper. 

The claim that what we produce will be sold overseas is a specious argument.

yes, if the oil companies would stop share buy backs and spend more profits on alternative energy sources...

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, if the oil companies would stop share buy backs and spend more profits on alternative energy sources...

I would absolutely love to get into a discussion of a free enterprise system, the success of the US economic model, buy backs and ESG investing, but it will never happen here.

Perhaps you are smarter than those paid and who have a fiduciary responsibility to manage the assets of millions of investors.

I don't see it from you, and I absolutely don't see it from this administration who cannot get simple appointments approved, let alone have a scale tipping influence on very major impacts to our economy.

The faster they are gone, (though not trump), the better.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I would absolutely love to get into a discussion of a free enterprise system, the success of the US economic model, buy backs and ESG investing, but it will never happen here.

Perhaps you are smarter than those paid and who have a fiduciary responsibility to manage the assets of millions of investors.

I don't see it from you, and I absolutely don't see it from this administration who cannot get simple appointments approved, let alone have a scale tipping influence on very major impacts to our economy.

The faster they are gone, (though not trump), the better.

Then maybe you could explain to some of the cult here that America is capitalistic...

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Then maybe you could explain to some of the cult here that America is capitalistic...

I'm not aware of any "cult."

But in the interest of full disclosure, regarding energy, I have a very significant commitment to emerging energy that is not fossil fuel, and zero to fossil fuel.

I am simply a realist who understands how stupid and destructive the Administration's stated elimination of drilling is.

Absolutely void of economic reality, and we have seen the results.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not aware of any "cult."

But in the interest of full disclosure, regarding energy, I have a very significant commitment to emerging energy that is not fossil fuel, and zero to fossil fuel.

I am simply a realist who understands how stupid and destructive the Administration's stated elimination of drilling is.

Absolutely void of economic reality, and we have seen the results.

The real cult can't see/admit it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you have to work at being intellectually dishonest or does it come naturally?

Are you aware of the fallacy of the false choice?

Kind of well known in logic 102.

Or simply a dope.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sherpa said:

Are you aware of the fallacy of the false choice?

Kind of well known in logic 102.

Or simply a dope.

Yes, aware.  and you choose to be willfully ignorant.  Why?  

But I like that fallacy:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"  If we're counting fallacies and outright lies, well, you know.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, aware.  and you choose to be willfully ignorant.  Why?  

But I like that fallacy:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"  If we're counting fallacies and outright lies, well, you know.

So you go from the fallacy of the false choice, to the fallacy of the false premise.

You are authoring examples of the first chapter in any logic text.

Anyway, I am not willfully ignorant.

I am simply not politically charged enough and not inclined to comment on everything that gets written here.

You can write whatever you want, and I rarely care.

What I do comment on are things that I have knowledge of and get misrepresented, or that I can provide additional information on.

Not asking for agreement or trying to be intentionally confrontational.

Not my style.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

So you go from the fallacy of the false choice, to the fallacy of the false premise.

You are authoring examples of the first chapter in any logic text.

Anyway, I am not willfully ignorant.

I am simply not politically charged enough and not inclined to comment on everything that gets written here.

You can write whatever you want, and I rarely care.

What I do comment on are things that I have knowledge of and get misrepresented, or that I can provide additional information on.

Not asking for agreement or trying to be intentionally confrontational.

Not my style.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

“I do not know if crimes were committed, it’s not my place.” - same guy.

One thing Mexican officials know how to do is easily spot official government corruption and President Biden's expertise at avoiding direct involvement by directing payoffs from foreign entities to family members would have made him one hell of an outstanding corrupt Mexican official. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

One thing Mexican officials know how to do is easily spot official government corruption and President Biden's expertise at avoiding direct involvement by directing payoffs from foreign entities to family members would have made him one hell of an outstanding corrupt Mexican official. 

Don't believe he mentioned Biden at all in that article.

• Eyeroll 1

Brazilian President Lulu headed to China for bi-lateral trade talks with Xi.  Terms expected to include settlement in local currencies bypassing dollar settlement.  What most Americans don't notice is a steadily growing number of countries looking to eliminate the US dollar.  Seems Biden screwed the golden Goose by seizing and freezing Russian central bank funds which has left the world wanting to avoid a similar situation if they somehow displease Washington.  Given the dollar is a much bigger source of US power than even the military this spells trouble for us all.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad has arrived in Saudi Arabia.  The first visit of a Syrian foreign minister or any high ranking government official to the country since 2011.  Normalization of relations is expected to follow along with Syria being welcomed back into the Arab League organization.  12 years, which makes it Obama's handiwork, of another failed Washington regime change effort in the Middle East.  Getting results!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Blinken: Don't worry. Our allies are fine with those leaks

96fdfbfd-5577-4eb0-9cfa-9863296804b2-860

The fallout from the Jack Teixeira discord leaks is still rolling on this weekend. Despite everyone in the MSM seemingly agreeing how terrible it all is and how this information has “no business being out in public,” the contents of the classified documents continue to make the rounds. Some of it was potentially damaging while other tidbits were mostly just embarrassing for the White House.

The latter is particularly true of the details showing how frequently the U.S. has been spying on its allies and how things on the battlefield in Ukraine really aren’t going as swimmingly well as we’ve been told. Is this causing any uncomfortable moments at the State Department? Not according to Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

He’s confident that our allies and partners are just fine with all of this.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/04/16/blinken-dont-worry-our-allies-are-fine-with-those-leaks-n544106

https://nypost.com/2023/04/15/blinken-says-classified-doc-leak-hasnt-hurt-cooperation-with-allies/

More 'results'

An unknown number of American citizens remain trapped in Sudan, and it may already be too late to get them out. The civil war in Sudan between two wanna-be warlords reached the capital of Khartoum almost a week ago, and yet no one apparently had thought to extract US diplomatic personnel and private citizens from the country.

The embassy sent out an alert that it’s already too late for any normal exit:

The airport, located in central Khartoum, is closed but would be inoperable even if it reopened due to damage from bombardment and fighting. The roughly 70 U.S. staff at the embassy have no options to leave Sudan on their own without immense risk to their safety. For the most part, U.S. diplomats in Sudan are unaccompanied, meaning they do not have their family with them at what’s considered a challenging post, a State Department official said.

The American mission in the capital warned Thursday that “due to the uncertain security situation in Khartoum and closure of the airport, it is not currently safe to undertake a U.S. government-coordinated evacuation of private U.S. citizens.”

Also on Wednesday, Molly Phee, the top State Department official for African affairs, told congressional staffers that it was too late to order a departure of the mission because of the deteriorating security situation that has already led to around 300 deaths and about 3,000 more wounded, two congressional aides said.

According to the same report, travel by road would be even more dangerous. That leaves literally no options except a military rescue from Khartoum, in the middle of an urban-warfare setting between factions that have no real reason to cooperate with or even allow a US military operation.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/04/20/breaking-sudan-embassy-says-too-late-for-evac-of-us-citizens-from-khartoum-dod-prepping-options-n545193

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Smells like another proxy war. 

Hard to ignore the strategic location of Sudan 

First, blame Russia.  Then send $100 billion in unaudited aid and offer membership in NATO. Yup, Biden is getting result.  Unfortunately, not for Americans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

First, blame Russia.  Then send $100 billion in unaudited aid and offer membership in NATO. Yup, Biden is getting result.  Unfortunately, not for Americans.

What a mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

Results ?

AMLO Tells Joe Biden and Samantha Power to Knock It Off, Stop Interfering in Mexico and Trying to Create Instability

If you understand what Samantha Power does via her role in using USAID as the mechanism to advance the color revolutions around the globe, these remarks from Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez-Obrador are subtle like a brick through a window.

Power has recently been trying to create turmoil in Hungary and Georgia.

However, after AMLO delivered a speech where he called out Joe Biden, the DEA and the CIA for trying to interfere in Mexico, many people reading here predicted Samantha Power would now show up in Mexico.

Keep in mind that nearly a million central American economic migrants can be unleashed by AMLO, and likely will be, as Joe Biden and the Mexican president have faced off for almost two years over North American energy policy.  Stunningly, AMLO has not backed down an inch, and instead went on the offensive against Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau.  This put a target on his back and was likely the impetus for U.S. intelligence agencies to call upon Samantha Power to do her thing.

MEXICO CITY, May 3 (Reuters) – Mexico’s president asked his U.S. counterpart Joe Biden to stop the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) from funding groups hostile to his government, according to a letter presented to journalists on Wednesday, echoing previous Mexican criticism of U.S. interventionism.

President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador did not specify which Mexican groups the U.S. should stop funding, but he has in the past accused several media organizations of being part of a conservative movement against his government.

“The U.S. government, specifically though USAID, has for some time been financing organizations openly against the legal and legitimate government I represent,” he said in the letter. “This is clearly an interventionist act, contrary to international law and the relations which should prevail between free and sovereign states.”

The letter calls for Biden’s intervention, saying the U.S. State Department in recent days announced that USAID would increase its funding toward such organizations. (read more)

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/mexico-president-asks-biden-stop-usaid-funding-opposition-groups-2023-05-03/

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2023/05/05/amlo-tells-joe-biden-and-samantha-power-to-knock-it-off-stop-interfering-in-mexico-and-trying-to-create-instability/

Biden to be first sitting US president to visit Papua New Guinea

Announcement comes as Washington has increasingly sought to shore up influence in the Pacific to counter China.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/9/biden-to-be-first-sitting-us-president-to-visit-papua-new-guinea

Biden finally doing something that I can agree with.

He should have done this two years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks goodness Biden is restoring confidence for the U.S. among our traditional allies.

DIPLOMACY: Biden says he visited Northern Ireland ‘to make sure the Brits didn’t screw around.’

According to the transcript, Biden told party supporters at a private New York residence that he had visited Belfast “to make sure they weren’t — the Brits didn’t screw around and Northern Ireland didn’t walk away from their commitments.”

Those words drew predictable fire from the Democratic Unionists, the main pro-British party in Northern Ireland. The DUP has spent the past year blocking the revival of a cross-community government with the Irish republican Sinn Féin party in protest against trade rules that make it easier for Northern Ireland to trade with the Republic of Ireland, an EU member, than with the rest of the U.K. Power-sharing between British unionists and Irish nationalists was the central objective of the Good Friday deal.

“It’s unbelievable and frightening to think this man is the leader of the free world,” said Sammy Wilson, who criticized Biden’s remarks as both hostile to unionists and politically incoherent. “If you believe that there should be a special relationship between the U.S. and U.K., then at least show us some respect.”

Even the leader of Northern Ireland’s middle-ground Alliance Party, Naomi Long, was taken aback when told of Biden’s remarks.

https://www.politico.eu/article/joe-biden-northern-ireland-brits-screw-around/

• 2 weeks later...

Results?

or buffoon ?

Biden says China’s ‘silly balloon’ derailed open communications with Beijing.

The U.S. had reached an agreement with Chinese President Xi Jinping to maintain open lines of communication with the country, but the spy craft incident earlier this year derailed the effort, President Biden says.

Biden made the statement during a news conference in Hiroshima, Japan, where he was present for talks with other G-7 countries on Sunday. Biden claimed that China’s balloon had temporarily stalled chances for open dialogue between Washington and Beijing. The president did say he maintains hopes to reopen those talks in the near future.

“How will you manage the diplomatic relationship with China?” a reporter asked in the early morning briefing.

“Well, number one, you’re right. We should have an open line [of communications]. With the Bali conference that’s what President Xi and I agreed that we were going to do and meet on,” Biden responded. “And then this silly balloon that was carrying two free cars worth of spy equipment was flying over the United States, and it got shut down and changed in terms of talking to one another.”

.https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-chinas-silly-balloon-derailed-communications-beijing?intcmp=tw_fnc

• 2 weeks later...

I’M SO OLD, I REMEMBER WHEN BIDEN WAS GOING TO RESTORE TRUST WITH OUR TRADITIONAL ALLIES: 

U.A.E. Says It Exited U.S.-Led Naval Force. 

“The United Arab Emirates said Wednesday that it had pulled out of a U.S.-led multinational security force that works to counter Iran in the Middle East, where the Persian Gulf nation has expressed disappointment with American efforts to deter Tehran.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-a-e-says-it-exited-u-s-led-naval-force-fdbe23c9

• 2 weeks later...

Results ??

REMEMBER WHEN JOE BIDEN WAS GOING TO RESTORE RELATIONS WITH OUR ALLIES? 

Saudi Arabia seeks cooperation with China, ‘ignores’ Western worries.

Saudi Arabia wants to collaborate, not compete, with China, the kingdom’s energy minister declared on Sunday, saying he “ignored” Western suspicions over their growing ties.

As the world’s top oil exporter, Saudi Arabia’s bilateral relationship with the world’s biggest energy consumer is anchored by hydrocarbon ties. But cooperation between Riyadh and Beijing has also deepened in security and sensitive tech amid a warming of political ties – to the concern of the U.S.

Asked about criticism of the bilateral relationship during an Arab-China business conference, Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said: “I actually ignore it because … as a business person .. now you will go where opportunity comes your way.”

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/gcc-china-free-trade-deal-must-protect-emerging-gulf-industries-saudi-minister-2023-06-11/

White House Backtracks: Admits China Had A Spy Base In Cuba For Years, Blames Trump

China has been using a secret base in Cuba to spy on the United States since at least 2019, a Biden administration official has confirmed, in a revelation which comes of the heels of a last Thursday Wall Street Journal report which triggered a swift denial from the White House and NSC spokesman John Kirby.

The admin official further told The Associated Press that the US intelligence community has considered Chinese spying from Cuba to in reality be an "ongoing" matter and "not a new development" - despite the Biden White House having strongly downplayed the reports of an expanding Chinese spy presence a mere 100 miles from Florida and the American southeast, which hosts dozens of military bases.  An official says that the administration “inherited” the problem.

"This is an ongoing issue and not a new development," the widely cited source, identified as a senior White House official, emphasized. "The PRC [People’s Republic of China] conducted an upgrade of its intelligence collection facilities in Cuba in 2019. This is well-documented in the intelligence record."

• Eyeroll 1