AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! Bills at Chiefs, Sunday 6:40 pm on CBS

On 1/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

They just don't seem to be "clicking" like they were last year. To me they don't seem nearly as scary to play right now. 

And with all that I still think Allen will need to have his best game of the playoffs , he will need to be smart with the ball , we can’t afford any sack / fumbles or turnovers and give KC extra possession, 

Hopefully our D shows up again BIG Time!!

GO BILLS BABY !! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Through two weeks of the playoffs Josh is 49/72 (68%) for 530 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs.  He also has 54 yards rushing and a TD.  Mistake-free football against VERY good defenses who know the Bills don

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The 'Pokes weigh in on that CBS "rooting interests" map!

Last year we had a nice fire going before the WFT game and a nice couple randomly stopped by and asked if they could get warmed up. We obviously invited them right in. Got to chatting. Weren’t bills fans, but had flown in from Wyoming the night before just to watch their old cowboy Qb and get the game day experience in OC. Before they walked off they both had said it most definitely won’t be their last trip.... i thought that was pretty dang cool.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
46 minutes ago, Shortchaz said:

I was in the camp that wished we had a stronger running game but watching the playoffs has solidified something for me. The bills run specific short pass plays that are essentially running plays. They’re 3-5 yard plays with potential for more. 

I agree.  My personal opinion is that I would like to be able to run the ball better but not to keep another offense off the field.  More so that it makes it tougher for defenses to defend everything.

141259696_1153159795116304_6069400735683

53 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I.Need.That.Hat

Me.Too.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
11 minutes ago, Tuel Time said:

I have added him to the list. No bandwagon for you later Scotty.

I was going to mention Pioli. When asked what the Chiefs needed to do to win, he smirked, and said Mahomes just has to show up. For the Bills, he laughed-- tough to see how, and said Allen and Diggs would have to each have the game of their lives.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
1 minute ago, par73 said:

I was going to mention Pioli. When asked what the Chiefs needed to do to win, he smirked, and said Mahomes just has to show up. For the Bills, he laughed-- tough to see how, and said Allen and Diggs would have to each have the game of their lives.

So lets plan on Allen and Diggs having the game of their lives.  I'm good with that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
6 minutes ago, Process said:

Forecast getting worse. We better be ready to play in rain/snow and some wind. 

Strap it up Bills.  The finesse team from Buffalo is gonna have to throw it in the rain. 

If it’s any consolation, the weather in KC looks worse on Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
3 hours ago, Success said:

LOL 

I mean, that's one of the most ridiculous takes I've heard.  Well, except Bradshaw taking the Ravens by 9, and then the Saints by 17, in the same weekend.   

I get "KC will likely win" (though I disagree), but "I don't think it takes a whole lot?"

I'm tellin' ya - I can't wait for the game. I watched the replay of the 1st mach-up last night - worst game I've seen us play since the Orton years, and we were down 6 with 5 minutes to go.  Bring on the Chiefs.

And they were an inch away from a Harrison Phillips fumble recovery from having the ball with a chance to take the lead late in a stinker game for the Bills.

Just thinking about it more and more....

I want to blitz and bring pressure from everywhere until Patrick Turf Toe makes us pay.  Attack attack attack.  Double A gap blitzes all night.  Have Hughes and Addison rush to contain.  Until we see how well he's moving around.  

Not 75% of the time.  But definitely more than half.  And early in a series.  Don't wait.  Rush 4 on the 3rd downs. 

The one thing about QBs numbers against the blitz in today's NFL is that if you have great skill guys.....odds are you are going up against garbage secondaries and can take advantage.  How many elite pass Ds are there in the league?  5?  I think we're one of them.  I have zero issue bringing 5 or 6 from any and all angles.   

Yes?  No?  

• Like (+1) 1
5 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Maybe why Pioli is unemployed. Didn't the Chiefs fire him?

I've been really unimpressed with his commentary all year.

Well, he’s employed by NFL as some kind of analyst I guess.  But Yes, the Chiefs fired him.  The place was a dumpster fire on his watch.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/8550269/flaws-chiefs-gm-scott-pioli-exposed

The first three major decisions Pioli made with the Chiefs went as follows: (1) He hired Todd Haley as head coach. (2) He traded for quarterback Matt Cassel. (3) He used the third overall selection in the 2009 draft on defensive end Tyson Jackson. The team ultimately fired Haley last December after an ugly, heavily publicized rift developed between him and Pioli. Cassel was just benched this week after producing 14 turnovers in his first five starts. Jackson remains on the roster

FWIW there’s some history; Daboll was hired as KC’s OC in 2012 after Pioli’s golden pick Todd Haley was forced out as HC in favor of Romeo Crennel.  The offense arguably got worse under Daboll, but it’s pretty clear that the organization was pretty toxic and polarized at that point, Cassel reportedly thought he was above taking coaching (while throwing pick after pick), morale was in the sewer, the race for the #1 draft pick was won, and everyone from Pioli on down was swept out of the building for 2013.  It’s not clear who could have succeeded as OC that year.

All that to say it wouldn’t surprise me if Daboll and Pioli might have some personal history which could get in the way of Pioli being able to professionally and impartially assess the Bills team, because he strikes me as the kind of man who believes he’s the Smartest Man in the Room and doesn’t need to reappraise, revisit, or question himself.

• Thank you (+1) 1
2 hours ago, Process said:

That means about as much as the forecast getting better at this point.  We might know something by Saturday.

2 hours ago, Process said:

the forecast is fluctuating a bit now. I don’t think we will have much certainty until Saturday, if I had to guess. Just a few hours ago it was like 1% chance of rain.