Jump to content

Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Buffalo is not picking a RB in the first 4 picks let alone the 1st round. Put down the pipe.

And you know this how?

1 hour ago, MrSarcasm said:

Not nasty. Even if a RB is BPA they should not pick one.

 

Buffalo needs to go Oline not RB. RB is not the problem.

 

Having a great driver doesn't do squat for you if the car sucks. 

I thought you were being rather nasty as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strength in numbers.  Guaranteed to hit on a couple when you turn 7 picks into 33.   105. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater 131. Shi Smith WR South Carolina 133. Osa Odighizuwa

If you don't have 2 CBs in your mock draft, you're doing it wrong.

Used fanspeak ... with one minor trade.  If it went like this it would be a miracle ....   30: R1 P30 TE Kyle Pitts - Florida 62: R2 P30 RB Najee Harris - Alabama 93: R3 P29 EDGE J

Posted Images

Today's Mock Draft.  comments/thoughts?!?!  My comments in parentheses .  

 

30.

Buffalo Bills

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

 

(seems like a potential day 1 starter.  RB Harris was gone at this pick.  Instant help for the OL to replace someone who likely departs in FA.  I'm thinking a move to guard here is potential?)  

 

 

62.

Buffalo Bills

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE, Wake Forest

 

(surprised he was available here.  Help for the pass rush).  

 

93.

Buffalo Bills

Hunter Long

TE, Boston College

 

(unsure about this pick.  Seems like the most-used pass catching TE in the draft, and a good value here.  But will he be an instant impact, should I have taken the IDL from LSU who was available here?)  

 

160.

Buffalo Bills

Shaka Toney

EDGE, Penn State

 

(the guy is small.  Like needs to put on weight.  That said, he has produced 2 years in a row in the Big 10).  

 

173.

Buffalo Bills

Simi Fehoko

WR, Stanford

 

(playmaker WR)  

 

210.

Buffalo Bills

Garret Wallow

LB, TCU

 

(Milano replacement.)  

 

(Why does Draft Network forget our 7th round pick!!)  

On 2/7/2021 at 10:04 AM, RochesterLifer said:

I don't watch college football, nor do I research the draft. In other words, I lack the knowledge to earn the right to an opinion. However, a 260 pound linebacker with between the tackles explosiveness has me drooling. I'm in for Zaven Collins.

 

use the Draft Network mock draft.  Its great for people like us.  They have player profiles.  Just click on a name.  I read several mock drafts (Walter Football is good for player evaluation), and then use the Draft Network research to gain insight into players.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

29: R1 P29 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami

61: R2 P29 OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame

92: R3 P28 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama

161: R5 P17 CB Shawn Davis - Florida

173: R5 P29 C Jimmy Morrissey - Pittsburgh
 

I’d be a- ok with those first 2 rounds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Today's Mock Draft.  comments/thoughts?!?!  My comments in parentheses .  

 

30.

Buffalo Bills

Liam Eichenberg

OT, Notre Dame

 

(seems like a potential day 1 starter.  RB Harris was gone at this pick.  Instant help for the OL to replace someone who likely departs in FA.  I'm thinking a move to guard here is potential?)  

 

 

62.

Buffalo Bills

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE, Wake Forest

 

(surprised he was available here.  Help for the pass rush).  

 

93.

Buffalo Bills

Hunter Long

TE, Boston College

 

(unsure about this pick.  Seems like the most-used pass catching TE in the draft, and a good value here.  But will he be an instant impact, should I have taken the IDL from LSU who was available here?)  

 

160.

Buffalo Bills

Shaka Toney

EDGE, Penn State

 

(the guy is small.  Like needs to put on weight.  That said, he has produced 2 years in a row in the Big 10).  

 

173.

Buffalo Bills

Simi Fehoko

WR, Stanford

 

(playmaker WR)  

 

210.

Buffalo Bills

Garret Wallow

LB, TCU

 

(Milano replacement.)  

 

(Why does Draft Network forget our 7th round pick!!)  

 

use the Draft Network mock draft.  Its great for people like us.  They have player profiles.  Just click on a name.  I read several mock drafts (Walter Football is good for player evaluation), and then use the Draft Network research to gain insight into players.  

Basham will probably be gone by 30. If he's not you run to the podium. 

  • Disagree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

All defense with a first round trade down:

 

42.

Asante Samuel Jr.

CB Florida State

 

61.

Alim McNeill

DT North Carolina State

 

76.

Chazz Surratt

LB North Carolina

 

93.

Patrick Jones

EDGE Pitt

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Special K said:

All defense with a first round trade down:

 

42.

Asante Samuel Jr.

CB Florida State

 

 

Isn't Samuel more of a smallish and quick man-cover corner who can play the slot? Not really a McD scheme fit, to my understanding. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

 

Isn't Samuel more of a smallish and quick man-cover corner who can play the slot? Not really a McD scheme fit, to my understanding. 

 

I don't like him as a scheme fit. I think he is a bit more scheme flexible than just being able to play man but I don't see him as a McDermott corner. He isn't good in run support when asked to come up and tackle and I think he gets a bit grabby and gambles too much in coverage (with pretty average recognition skills so gambles in the wrong spots) for what McDermott is looking for.... especially in a guy to play opposite Tre White. They might tweak the way they use that 2nd corner spot if they think they have better talent there.... but with Norman and Wallace and Kevin Johnson over the past two years the ask has been to play solid, patient, off coverage, but to challenge at the right moment and tackle well. Don't think that is Asante Samuel. 

 

That said if we think an ask is to add more speed..... Samuel is fast. I think #42 is getting closer to his value. I think he'd be a reach at #30 myself. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d be very happy with a couple trade downs and 5 picks in the top 100.  Use 4 of those on the defensive side of the ball to improve overall speed and physicality.  I’m happy with Beane’s overall job performance, but we’ve used a lot of picks in trade ups for guys who’ve turned out to be JAG’s.  Get more bites at the apple and improve the speed on the defensive side of the ball.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

 

Isn't Samuel more of a smallish and quick man-cover corner who can play the slot? Not really a McD scheme fit, to my understanding. 

 

You might be right, but the Bills need to think about how to beat KC and he sounds like a guy who might be able to cover Tyreek Hill....or at least have the speed to try.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's draft.  Appreciate any comments.  My thoughts in parentheses.   Also, still irked that Draft Network forgets our 7th round pick!!

 

30.

Buffalo Bills

Alijah Vera-Tucker

IOL, USC

 

(like this pick.  Can't believe he was available.)  

 

 

62.

Buffalo Bills

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE, Wake Forest

 

(another player that I was shocked was available.  the Draft Network uses its mock drafts to take players, so I guess this is possible.  If so, yeah, I'm grabbing him here.)    

 

93.

Buffalo Bills

Walker Little

OT, Stanford

 

(this is a guy who I read was a 1st round prospect prior to injuries.  If he can recover any of that form, this is a huge steal here and helps the line)  

 

 

160.

Buffalo Bills

Shaka Toney

EDGE, Penn State

 

(undersized guy, but a guy who has produced over multiple seasons as a pass rusher)  

 

173.

Buffalo Bills

Simi Fehoko

WR, Stanford

 

(big play WR.  Good WR depth.  Special Teams contributor at the very least)  

 

 

210.

Buffalo Bills

Kelvin Joseph

CB, Kentucky

 

(guy can play physical/press and cover TEs)  

 

 

On 2/9/2021 at 4:00 PM, Iamkrgr said:

29: R1 P29 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami

61: R2 P29 OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame

92: R3 P28 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama

161: R5 P17 CB Shawn Davis - Florida

173: R5 P29 C Jimmy Morrissey - Pittsburgh
 

I’d be a- ok with those first 2 rounds. 

 

this is good draft.  Rousseau worries me a bit in terms of how impactful he would be in year 1, but could be worth the gamble.  I like Morrissey at Rd5, solid backup center.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Today's draft.  Appreciate any comments.  My thoughts in parentheses.   Also, still irked that Draft Network forgets our 7th round pick!!

 

30.

Buffalo Bills

Alijah Vera-Tucker

IOL, USC

 

(like this pick.  Can't believe he was available.)  

 

 

62.

Buffalo Bills

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE, Wake Forest

 

(another player that I was shocked was available.  the Draft Network uses its mock drafts to take players, so I guess this is possible.  If so, yeah, I'm grabbing him here.)    

 

93.

Buffalo Bills

Walker Little

OT, Stanford

 

(this is a guy who I read was a 1st round prospect prior to injuries.  If he can recover any of that form, this is a huge steal here and helps the line)  

 

 

160.

Buffalo Bills

Shaka Toney

EDGE, Penn State

 

(undersized guy, but a guy who has produced over multiple seasons as a pass rusher)  

 

173.

Buffalo Bills

Simi Fehoko

WR, Stanford

 

(big play WR.  Good WR depth.  Special Teams contributor at the very least)  

 

 

210.

Buffalo Bills

Kelvin Joseph

CB, Kentucky

 

(guy can play physical/press and cover TEs)  

 

 

 

this is good draft.  Rousseau worries me a bit in terms of how impactful he would be in year 1, but could be worth the gamble.  I like Morrissey at Rd5, solid backup center.  

 

If Rousseau is there the Bills have to take him IMO. He has a low floor but his ceiling is sky high. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mock I did on first pick.

I like trading back in this draft.

Traded first rounder with the Gaints for 3 extra picks. 

 

Round 2 Pick 10 (NYG): Alijah Vera-Tucker, OG, USC (A)
Round 2 Pick 29: Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (NYG): Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Ar'Darius Washington, FS/SS, TCU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 11 (NYG): Charles Snowden, DE/OLB, Virginia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 30: Anthony Hines, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 29: Noah Gray, TE, Duke (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8: Chauncey Golston, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two players that have my interest as later picks are Elerson Smith EDGE Northern Iowa

https://withthefirstpick.com/2021/01/01/elerson-smith-scouting-report/

 

and Israel Mukuamu, a 6'4" CB out of South Carolina, though Mel Kiper has him rated pretty high

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article242534821.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2021 at 6:52 AM, MrSarcasm said:

Draft with no trades.

 

 

 

Doesn't sound like Baller Beane when we are in a window to go to the Super Bowl to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one I's be really happy with .. a few trades ...

 

TEAM PICKS
29: R1 P29 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
68: R3 P4 C Trey Hill - Georgia
92: R3 P28 EDGE Joe Tryon - Washington
107: R4 P3 DL Jay Tufele - USC
119: R4 P15 LB Dylan Moses - Alabama
173: R5 P29 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
213: R6 P28 RB Kylin Hill - Mississippi State
233: R7 P8 WR Marquez Stevenson - Houston

 

TRADES
Trade Partner: Atlanta Falcons
Sent:   Round 2 Pick 29
Received:  Round 3 Pick 4, Round 4 Pick 3

 

Trade Partner: New England Patriots
Sent:   Round 5 Pick 17, Future Round 6 Pick
Received: Round 4 Pick 15

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...