Mock Draft Simulator - channel your inner Brandon Beane and have fun

11 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

173: R5 P29 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State

Yeesh.... Pick 173?

He would need to get convicted to a 5 yr jail term before draft day to be picked this late..

Chad Reuter has got him at 39

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-rashod-bateman-among-six-wrs-picked-in-round

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I tried to do a mock on this site the other day but master Teague was available so I’m assuming it’s not up to date? I x’d out at that point. I’m ready to go full mock draft but what Is the best site?

I think The Draft Network site is the most realistic.

• Like (+1) 1

I would file this one under unlikely to happen, but I think the two players were worth the trade-ups, as I was surprised they were still available at the time:

27. Christian Barmore DT Alabama

Had to trade pick 30, 175 and next years 3rd to move up(too steep?)

42. Nick Bolton LB Missouri

Actually one of my top choices if the Bills stay at 30(in a lot of my sims he doesn't even make it to 30) Had to trade pick 61, 93, and next years 2nd, but got back 42, 116, and the Giants 3rd rounder next year.

116. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. Edge Oregon St.

Was hoping for Tommy Tremble TE Notre Dame to fall to here, but no such luck. I saw Rashed play a couple of times this year, and I think he would be a nice addition to the DE rotation....what you might expect from a 4th round pick.

Edited by Special K

Okay I did one this morning I really liked:

Two trades, one back and one up. I traded back from #30 to #38 with Cincinnati and added #69 in the process. Then I traded up with my two 5th rounders to #140. I'd be extremely happy if it fell this way. 

#38 Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami - There were no options I loved at #30 and 3 or 4 players I liked there so was happy to slide back to #38 pick up #69 in the process and give myself 3 picks in the top 70. I haven't done my deep dive into Phillips yet but the bits I have seen he has an impressive skillset. He isn't really a speed rusher but his combination of length, power and technique is intriguing. The negatives are one year of production after flaming out at UCLA and a concussion history. He might go in the last 10 picks of round 1 but I prefer the value here. 

#61 Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame - I'd be surprised if Eichenberg slides this far because I think he is a really safe tackle prospect. It is a good offensive tackle class and Eichenberg has one of the highest floors of the group. He is a plug and play starter at right tackle and if Dion were to go down for any stretch of time I think he can flip over and man the blindside. The only thing that gives me pause for thought as a fit for the Bills is that he is a better run blocker than pass blocker and his feet can get a bit stuck in the mud at times against really bendy outside rushers. But you want to improve the run game? This is a good place to start. 

#69 Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern - Newsome is one of my draft crushes and if he lasted to the third round the Bills should be all over him. This is not a great corner class. It has two elite prospects, one good prospect who is a bit scheme specific and then a bunch of guys who have flaws. Greg Newsome's flaw is that he is a little raw and unrefined in his technique but the Bills can coach up DBs and if someone said to me there is a corner in this class after the top 3 guys who will be considered among the top guys in the league in 3 years time who will it be? I'd say Newsome without hesitation. Such a good mover, smart, sky high ceiling. 

#93 D'Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan - If the Buffalo Bills are going to be a pass first offense that runs as much 4 and 5 wide as they did in 2020 then they need to be willing to draft a receiver every single year. Eskridge's best comp on the current roster is Isaiah McKenzie who is a free agent. At 5'9 Eskridge isn't going to beat anyone physically but he is speed, speed, speed. I have seen projections he could run as fast as 4.35 for the 40 and he has experience playing outside and in the slot as well as it the sweep, toss, gimmick play package. 

#140 Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia - I gave up both of my 5th round picks to move up for Fields. I had been trying for about 6 picks before I got a team willing to let me move up. Fields is absolutely tailor made as a Matt Milano replacement if, as I expect, Milano walks in free agency. Played inside at West Virginia but lacks a bit of bulk and length to do so in the NFL. I think he is absolutely the perfect weakside backer in McDermott's scheme. He might sit behind AJ Klein early but by the end of the 2021 season he'd be a starter IMO.

#214 Kylen Granson, TE, SMU - Granson is a converted former receiver who projects as an H-Back / move tight end at the NFL level. He is too small to play as an in line tight end and too slow to play as a true slot receiver but used creatively I think he can be a bit of a swiss army knife. The argument could be made that he is similar in profile to Reggie Gilliam who the Bills signed as a UDFA last year but I think Granson has more upside as a passing game weapon. 

#234 - KJ Britt, LB, Auburn - When you are thinking about how to use 6th and 7th round picks I think you have to conscious of where guys might make the roster. The Bills are not the deepest at linebacker (especially if Milano walks) and KJ Britt had a good college career and had himself a couple of splash plays in the senior bowl. He projects as a special teamer and backup MLB in the NFL. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Still available at 30 right now are Owusu-Koramoah, Collins, and Bolton at LB and Toney at WR, Barmore at DT, etc...

No trades draft (guess one has to be a Premium subscriber to unlock trades) netted crazy haul:

Owusu-Koramoah

Landon Dickerson

Patrick Jones II

Chubba Hubbard

Tedarrell Slaton

After the 5th round something glitched, but...that's a 5-round haul, no?

Edited by Richard Noggin
new developments
  • Shocked 1

On 2/12/2021 at 3:55 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Yeesh.... Pick 173?

He would need to get convicted to a 5 yr jail term before draft day to be picked this late..

Chad Reuter has got him at 39

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-rashod-bateman-among-six-wrs-picked-in-round

Yea he won't fall that far. It is a good OT class. There are a lot of guys who will go late day 1 through to the end of day 2 who are capable of starting early. 

Using the https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/ website I got this which I'd be ecstatic to have ......

30    Round: 1    Azeez Ojulari EDGE | Georgia
61     Round: 2   Jay Tufele DL | USC 
94    Round: 3    Michael Carter RB | North Carolina 
115   Round: 4    James Hudson OT | Cincinnati     TRADE Washington for Buffalo Round 5 pick (144) and Round 7 pick (198)
158   Round: 5    Quinn Meinerz IOL | Wisconsin-Whitewater
189   Round: 6    Chris Rumph II EDGE | Duke 

• Like (+1) 1

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE Wake Forest

Creed Humphrey

OC Oklahoma

• Carlos Basham would be a Day 1 starter. You plug him in at LE, Epenesa goes to the right side. Hopefully we restructure Jerry Hughes and perhaps sign a guy like JJ Watt to come in and compete for a year or two while also mentoring the young guys.

• Creed Humphrey is a very good interior line prospect. I’m a firm believer in building through the trenches. Could very well be a Pro Bowl guard or center, great run blocker and pass protector. Good talent and depth between Ford, Morse, Feliciano and Humphrey. Becomes a high end starter by the end of the year at either guard or center. A+ talent.

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Carlos Basham Jr.

EDGE Wake Forest

Creed Humphrey

OC Oklahoma

• Carlos Basham would be a Day 1 starter. You plug him in at LE, Epenesa goes to the right side. Hopefully we restructure Jerry Hughes and perhaps sign a guy like JJ Watt to come in and compete for a year or two while also mentoring the young guys.

• Creed Humphrey is a very good interior line prospect. I’m a firm believer in building through the trenches. Could very well be a Pro Bowl guard or center, great run blocker and pass protector. Good talent and depth between Ford, Morse, Feliciano and Humphrey. Becomes a high end starter by the end of the year at either guard or center. A+ talent.

I did a sim, and was able to trade down twice from 30, still got your two guys at picks 56 and 61, and picked up two 2nd round picks next year!

I also got Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina in the 3rd, and Paulson Adebo CB Stanford in the fourth.

All in all, I think that would be a great draft, IMO.

23 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

Using the https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/ website I got this which I'd be ecstatic to have ......

30    Round: 1    Azeez Ojulari EDGE | Georgia
61     Round: 2   Jay Tufele DL | USC 
94    Round: 3    Michael Carter RB | North Carolina 
115   Round: 4    James Hudson OT | Cincinnati     TRADE Washington for Buffalo Round 5 pick (144) and Round 7 pick (198)
158   Round: 5    Quinn Meinerz IOL | Wisconsin-Whitewater
189   Round: 6    Chris Rumph II EDGE | Duke 

yes, please.  Hudson in Rd. 4.  wow.  This is a fantastic draft.  

Today's Mock Draft with comments.  Would like any of yours.  Used Draftnetwork, no trades: 

Buffalo Bills

Trevon Moehrig

S, TCU

(was BPA.  Figure we can use him as a TE eraser.  Although perhaps should have taken a "lesser" OT such as Leatherwood or a OG like Davis at this juncture)  

Buffalo Bills

Chazz Surratt

LB, North Carolina

(love this value.  Milano replacement and a pass rusher)  

Buffalo Bills

Tyler Shelvin

IDL, LSU

(another pick I love.  A 1 tech who can also get after the passer.  Shelvin and Oliver look like a dream team).  

Buffalo Bills

Deommodore Lenoir

CB, Oregon

(CB depth.  Seems to be a good fit for our zone D concepts).  

Buffalo Bills

Drake Jackson

IOL, Kentucky

(interior OL help, backup center.  Not sure if he can play Guard or not).  

Buffalo Bills

Jermar Jefferson

RB, Oregon State

(RB with home run hitting potential and some size (well, weight).  

Buffalo Bills

Jaelon Darden

WR, North Texas

(WR with home run hitting potential, also a special teams player at returner as a backup).  

3 hours ago, Special K said:

I did a sim, and was able to trade down twice from 30, still got your two guys at picks 56 and 61, and picked up two 2nd round picks next year!

I also got Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina in the 3rd, and Paulson Adebo CB Stanford in the fourth.

All in all, I think that would be a great draft, IMO.

(That is cos his guy Boogie isn't as good ad he thinks.....) he will go mid to late round 2. 

Humphrey would be a good pick at #61 and I like Adebo in the 4th. Surratt? Meh. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

(That is cos his guy Boogie isn't as good ad he thinks.....) he will go mid to late round 2. 

Humphrey would be a good pick at #61 and I like Adebo in the 4th. Surratt? Meh. 

Which of the two top LB’s are a better fit for the Bills...Bolton or  Zaven Collins...I think it’s more likely the Bills will target one of these guys if they are available at 30....in the last sim I did both were gone before pick 30, unfortunately.