Crucial Offside Indy on fourth that resulted in TD before half. Was there a play called?

Watched a replay yesterday and seemed to me that the Bills really didn't have much called in the way of a play and were looking for an offside and if none was coming were going to call timeout (had two at that point).

I don't think they even huddled and wondering if the play was called on third down (i.e. we're going on fourth unless a sack).

Once offside with 1-2 seconds on the play clock the ball was snapped and frankly there was nothing there in terms of a play.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Watched a replay yesterday and seemed to me that the Bills really didn't have much called in the way of a play and were looking for an offside and if none was coming were going to call timeout (had two at that point).

I don't think they even huddled and wondering if the play was called on third down (i.e. we're going on fourth unless a sack).

Once offside with 1-2 seconds on the play clock the ball was snapped and frankly there was nothing there in terms of a play.

There was a throw to Brown that was intercepted.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No I don't think there was a play called I think they were just freewheeling once the guy jumped. 

Agreed.  That otherwise would have been the worst run play the entire game (save for some terrible runs and the sack at the end where Josh fumbled).

38 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

josh said Mitch did a good job snapping the ball there, so I’m going with a no

• Like (+1) 2

Rewatching the highlights, this fourth down along with a series of 5 or 6 other plays happening (or not) are the only reason we won. It’s wild how close we came to losing.

Remember:

-the almost diving INT from Indy in the end zone

-them going for it instead of kicking what would’ve been the tying fg

-Josh fumbling with three Indy guys around him

-Indy hitting the post missing an eventual would-be game tying fg

honestly it makes sense. We are a cam fumble and a softttt Rams pass interference away from being 11-5. We’re a solid, beatable team that’s going to need some luck down the stretch. 

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

7 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Rewatching the highlights, this fourth down along with a series of 5 or 6 other plays happening (or not) are the only reason we won. It’s wild how close we came to losing.

Remember:

honestly it makes. I were a cam fumble and a softttt Rams pass interference away from being 11-5. We’re a solid, beatable team that’s going to need some luck down the stretch. 

And KC too could have lost 2-3 more times....  That's football.

Some things went the Bills way Saturday, some didn't (i.e. fumble at the end).  

That almost int would have been an all-timer and fortunately got the call right (vs. the fumble).

If it is 27-27, I don't think Josh fumbles and different play calls. 

As I said, the Bills needed a wake-up call after cruising the last 6 weeks.  Happy it came vs. Indy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Remember:

honestly it makes sense. We are a cam fumble and a softttt Rams pass interference away from being 11-5. We’re a solid, beatable team that’s going to need some luck down the stretch. 

We’re also a Tennessee covid breakout and hail Murray away from being undefeated. How you like dem apples?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Remember:

Every team in the league has resume pads like this for and against—oh, and we’re a soft Tampa breeze at the right moment away from being SB XXV champs!:w00t:

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wouldn't surprise me...Allen made a half hearted throw to Brown in double coverage that got picked off but it was more like he just threw it because he knew it didn't matter and there was really nothing else to do.

Edited by Big Turk

One of the things I've been most impressed about by Josh this year is the game awareness.  So many times he notices a team jump Offside and looks to a ref for a flag, and/or sees the flag, and uses the "free play".   It seems to happen almost 1 time per game, and sometimes they are decent gains.