Positive Comments Only Game Reaction Thread

Colts O-line is fantastic.  Rivers was better than I expected, especially against the blitz.  I thought Reich brought a great game plan, despite his alleged over aggression.

Shame they had to match against Josh Allen on his A-game.

7 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Yea they were so good the announcers had to explain why they kept missing delay of game calls. And how about the missed face mask on a punt?

Eh, was incidental contact without a grasp.  Could be called either way.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Yea they were so good the announcers had to explain why they kept missing delay of game calls. And how about the missed face mask on a punt?

they missed the face mask on the punt.  

the plays where the play clock ticker zero we’re fine by me.  That happens a lot.  There’s a difference between ticking 0 and 0.0

think what you want.  The refs weren’t bad

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen brought his A game.  Had 95% of the Bills total yards and all 3 TD's.

Diggs played like the first team all pro WR he is.

Gabe Davis made two of the finest playoff catches in Bills history.

Beasley gutted out an impressive performance at WR.

Williams showed every kid in America why you hustle and follow the play.

Bass made a critical 54 yard FG

Hyde just made a beach volleyball team once the season is over in February with his spectacular spike to thwart the hail Marry.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

First (Bills) game I've watched with my father since the 90's. During the game I told him the last time the Bills won a playoff game you were how hold I am now and that was half my life ago. He's 75 and I'm 50. It was a special day for us. Great topic, thank you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, jayg said:

First (Bills) game I've watched with my father since the 90's. During the game I told him the last time the Bills won a playoff game you were how hold I am now and that was half my life ago. He's 75 and I'm 50. It was a special day for us. Great topic, thank you.

Love it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Positive?  I'm positive those refs...

*ahem*  Sorry, just teasing.

It wasn't pretty.  And we underperformed at every position except our kicker and punter.  It was far from our best performance.

...we *won* though.

Ask Seatle if they'd take an ugly win like we got.  The Bills survived a scare, and maybe that will help ground them and keep them humble.  Maybe it will fire them up to play better next week, leading to a rout.

The Bills won.  No matter what the score and circumstance, everything gets reset and next week starts at 0-0.  After tomorrow there will be a total of six teams wishing their games played out for them like ours did for us.  Just keep *that* in mind if you start feeling too negative about this game.

A 'W' is still a "W", after all.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen became the first QB from the class of ‘18 to win a playoff game.

Gabriel Davis is a star in the making.

Bass is cold blooded and has a cannon for a leg.

The Bills played a B- or C+ game and still won.

THE BILLS WON A MOTHERF’N PLAYOFF GAME FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A QUARTER CENTURY!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I knew Phillip was going to have a good game.   He knew this was likely his last shot and gave it his all.   He played as good as he possibly could for a physically deterioriating 38 year old QB and made key throws even with pressure in his face.  So happy the Bills overcame it.

• Like (+1) 1

We overcame very poor field position.  A team that had no turnovers (actually should have been 1).  A team that beat us in time of possession.  With all that, we still found a way to gut out a victory when we weren't playing our best.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Give credit to Sean McDermott. Some people in the game day threads said he was being outcoached the entire game.

But look at the moment when McDermott demanded that the refs look at the fumble that wasn't called, and the refs were not going to review the play at all. Yes, the refs screwed us over on that play, but McDermott got them to review it.

Also, McDermott calling the final timeout late in the game which prevented the Colts from running another play.

Good job, McDermott!

I thought McDermott's game management was really good yesterday. Far better than Frank's. I know ultimately Sean is the Head Coach and he is accountable but the coordinators (all 3) are the ones I was unimpressed with. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

they missed the face mask on the punt.  

the plays where the play clock ticker zero we’re fine by me.  That happens a lot.  There’s a difference between ticking 0 and 0.0

think what you want.  The refs weren’t bad

Except NFL rules are very clear in that the ball must be snapped within the 40 seconds or 25 second period.  What that means is the instant it hits zero you are outside that time period.  By rule, there is no 0.00

Anyone who's watched the game longer than 5 years knows the refs have always been very diligent making that call, only recently have they been allowed to be lazy about it.  My question is why?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/7_Rule4_Game_Timing.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi_2YPGsZHuAhXlxlkKHdNPAqIQFjABegQIAhAF&usg=AOvVaw3gpctfWVvZYqZ1z9_HSoxs

Section 6 Delay of Game
40-SECOND PLAY CLOCK 
Article 1It is a delay of the game if the ball is not put into play by a snap within 40 seconds after the start of 
the play clock. The play clock operator shall time the interval between plays upon signals from game 
officials. The 40-second interval starts when a play ends, unless Article 2 below applies. 
25-SECOND PLAY CLOCK 
Article 2 In the event of certain administrative stoppages or other delays, a team will have 25 seconds, 
beginning with the Referee’s whistle, to put the ball in play by a snap or a kick.