I will say it.... Am more worried about Indy then anything that comes after....

The Noise, as the team calls it, won't factor in my opinion.  

One thing McDermott does a great job at is keeping the mentality of the team steady.  Not to high, not to low.  There is a purpose and focus with this team, lead by McDermott and you see it in Josh and it trickles down.

One thing I believe he is doing is preparing the team to look at this like "hey, we are no longer the underdogs, expectations are that we are good, now lets find a way to use that expectation to create that higher level of standard".  Overconfidence or overlooking is not what I'm concerned about with this Bills team.  We also know when "S***" hits the fan, we have the player and coaching mentality of like, ok, that sucked, we have been through this before. Let's just do our thing and good things will come because we know we are a good team. 

As Josh said in his post game speech after the Fins game.  "Let's execute and do what the "F***" we want".    They are dialed in.

As I understand it, Indy simply "does not have the horses" to compete with the Bills.  That being said their coaching is above average so I would not be surprised if it is a close game with the Bills prevailing.  I also would not be surprised if it is a blow out in favor of the Bills.  But "any given Saturday?"  anything is possible.  Not likely but possible.

2 hours ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Bottom of the league in pass defense.

Also, Miami had the #1 scoring defense, worked out okay for us last week.

True but the one thing Indy has that the Fins don't is Frank Reich that's what worries me more than anything especially the way their RB came on last week i believe the Bills should beat them soundly because of their lack of a good secondary but Frank was there to see how the Giants stopped the Bills in the first SB by playing ball control ground game and keeping the opponent off the field so they can't score .

I just hope he misremembers that lesson ...

Indy got outscored by Steelers a few weeks back 21-3 in the 2nd half in their most critical game of the season.

They knew the pass was coming and had no answer.  

You already know their gameplan against us, run Taylor and get Hynes some screens which Rivers is great at selling (and checking to if he likes).   They want our offense on the bench, long drives, full clock runoff between plays.  

The one thing I think people are sleeping on is Rivers can still throw a nice deep ball.  Granted, he looks like ME when he throws it, but somehow despite the clumsy looking effort he can still hit the go route if we start crowding the line to stop the run.  

Basically Frank is going to use the same plan the Giants used against his Bills team in the superbowl.  Avoid a shootout, play physical, tricky looks in coverage, hybrid stuff etc.  Don't give Josh 5 seconds to throw like Miami did.

I think we win by 15 though.  It's not their year its our year.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not Indy per se (though they are a good team). 

Just want to get "off the schneid"....

Happy it is Saturday @ 1:00 (though Sunday 1:00 would have been ideal).  

Want an easy win and then will have the confidence going forward.

While the Bills are not the 2019 Ravens, there is something about that first game that has me nervous (that and 25 years😉)

You are worried all the time.

1 hour ago, chaccof said:

I think for me its the substantial amount of positive hype being heaped on the team - I assume McD will make sure the team stays in the moment, but I'm old school and have Bills Fan PTSD so probably not warranted but none the less I'm nervous when I see every pundit saying its a blow out win by the Bills.  

I hear you and @Billsfan1972. We fans are just not used to such praise and optimistic predictions. We hence naturally start to worry and temper our own expectations in preparation for letdowns which have happened way too often over the past decade. I felt that way before the past 5 games but now have come to realize the composition and coaching of this team is far different than in the past. We are truly playing complementary football but led by the red hot offense. As others have commented, we also match up well so this should be a decisive win for the Bills.  

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Not Indy per se (though they are a good team). 

Just want to get "off the schneid"....

Happy it is Saturday @ 1:00 (though Sunday 1:00 would have been ideal).  

Want an easy win and then will have the confidence going forward.

While the Bills are not the 2019 Ravens, there is something about that first game that has me nervous (that and 25 years😉)

I agree with you. I truly believe they could win the Super Bowl but there is a great deal of concern about getting that first playoff win.  No doubt they could lose to any of the remaining teams but I feel if they get that first win over Indy, confidence will skyrocket. 

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I hear you and @Billsfan1972. We fans are just not used to such praise and optimistic predictions. We hence naturally start to worry and temper our own expectations in preparation for letdowns which have happened way too often over the past decade. I felt that way before the past 5 games but now have come to realize the composition and coaching of this team is far different than in the past. We are truly playing complementary football but led by the red hot offense. As others have commented, we also match up well so this should be a decisive win for the Bills.  

What have seen most the past 5 games is McD fully trusting the Offense.  Midway through the year I still was not sure.  

The first NE game disappointed me so as I saw the old McD, play not to lose, between the 20's and Josh throwing only 18 times, often in bad situations.  

It changed the following week vs. Seattle.

I said it in another thread.  If McD coached like this last year, the Bills steamroll the Texans in the WC game.  

On 1/5/2021 at 9:02 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

It was a great season regardless of what happens next, but now that I see how talented this team is, it won’t feel like a success unless we get to the AFC Championship game.  The SuperBowl is gravy, but feels possible fo the first time in a long time. 

ps. I voted “SuperBowl or bust” because of the options, but in reality, getting to the AFC Championship game will be a success for me. 

It's not a real day on TBD unless someone is worried about something. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Honestly I am more worried the players get too amped up with the fans being there the first time all year and they try and do too much at first than I am against Indy..

Typically when good teams face elite teams in the playoffs they get destroyed.

6300 fans wont amp much imo. The Bills will be laser focused and ready to roll.

You gotta trust that Sean & the rest of the coaches, along with Josh etc are reminding everyone what happened last year about now..., Sean will have the troupes ready to play, there is no looking past any team with our coaches and team captains, it will be a brawl, but we will win. 

Go Bills!!!

10 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Indy is 31st against the pass since week 11

And I'm told their defense is dominant and scary 

I'm shaking in my boots but maybe thats just the weather

Ya know, “it might be chilly”

Go Bills!!!

anything can happen in the playoffs. win, you're in. lose go home. season records mean nothing, no bearing on the post season.

never good to be over confident but no reason to be worried either. just hopeful they win and continue to work closer to the ultimate goal, a championship.

0-0

one game at a time. live in the moment, enjoy the ride.

GO BILLS!!!