Browns head coach has Covid

DBilz2500

Honestly it’s kind of surprising there haven’t been more legal incidents this year.  Young rich testosterone-fueled multimillionaires wanting to blow off a little steam during a pandemic where things are either outright closed or severely restricted.

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

So when the players who are asymptomatic give it to the other team and then the other team plays next week and gives it to that team we are just going to have a chain reaction that goes through the entire league?  That is just not thought out well.

So in fact you want them to play with players who are likely positive to give it to the Steelers who then play the Bills if we both win so the Bills can then have an active outbreak?  Yeah, NOOOOOOOOOOO!

A lot of statements get made, which sometimes have little data backing them up.

The NFL has 17 weeks of covid-19 data now from players facing off against each other, including players who test positive the next day.  They are having viral genomes of positive players sequenced, which lets them actually trace whether 5 infections (say) are progressing through the building or came in 5 times from outside.  Nice to be them, but I digress.

So far they have apparently NOT found a case where an infection transfers from a player to an opponent on the field.  They're not that close to each other for that long.  In theory it could happen, but apparently hasn't yet.  So you likely won't see a "chain reaction that goes through the entire league". 

There are close contacts during travel or during the game, to coaches or players on the same team who are close contacts - for example sitting next to the same players on the sidelines for the entire game, not properly masked.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That poor lawyer.

I assume they'll be paying him well, so he won't be poor long.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Honestly it’s kind of surprising there haven’t been more legal incidents this year.  Young rich testosterone-fueled multimillionaires wanting to blow off a little steam during a pandemic where things are either outright closed or severely restricted.

I think it’s been due to covid. Nowhere to go basically.  Even in Ohio, the curfew for bars and similar places is like 10 pm— which is why it’s sort of surprising that the Browns have Been able to get in trouble over the last few days (eg, Baker and Hunt at bar; Higgins and their LT racing). 

10 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

Based on the way the Browns seem to be conducting themselves and the rumors of players breaking protocol and going out to celebrate (I realize these are just rumors), they may just be happy that they made the playoffs and satisfied with their season at this point.  Watching and listening to the Bills players lately you can tell their attitude is much different this season based on the fact that they all expect to be a superbowl contender.  

Just rumors?  Baker's own wife posted a pic to Instagram of them out at a bar celebrating their playoff berth.  I'd call accusations of Browns players being irresponsible confirmed, not a rumor.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Domitian said:

These are extremely different situations that really aren't comparable...yet.  Titans had COVID spreading through their lockerroom hitting new players every day.  They had to push games to stop the spread within the team AND to others.  Browns positive tests thus far (until today) have all ben isolated where the players/coaches contracted it from outside and the virus was not spreading from player to player.  Extremely different scenario.  Remains to be seen about today's positive tests though.  The league hasn't played favorites.  Intra-team outbreaks are treated differently than isolated contraction from outside and have been all year.

That's the league's "story" and they're sticking to it.  Another factor is that the Titans outbreak was one of the first, and the league had less information then about whether covid would spread to opponents on the field.

11 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Cheesecake Factory.

That was most certainly sleazy

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just rumors?  Baker's own wife posted a pic to Instagram of them out at a bar celebrating their playoff berth.  I'd call accusations of Browns players being irresponsible confirmed, not a rumor.

Oh did she now. 

12 hours ago, chknwing334 said:

I would love to somehow know what keeps leading to the Browns covid issues, but it sure seems like they are having more issues than the average team.  Are they careless or selfishly not doing all they can to stay safe?  Are they following all of the protocols?  They have some players that I do not think too highly of, so my opinion is probably a little biased.  I have a hard time feeling sorry for Baker, Landry, and the Browns.

Cellllebrate good times, Come On!

12 hours ago, Figster said:

From a safe and social distancing standpoint its impossible to tell whats really happening in the picture IMO. I think its very possible any owner of an establishment in Cleveland may offer Baker Mayfield a safe and isolated part of the building to wine and Dine IMO.

In that picture, I agree, you can't tell what's going on.   But if the member who posted the link says his friends saw Baker, wife, Kareem, and other players out at a bar/restaurant, they probably weren't in a "safe and isolated part of the building" ..... they were also perhaps violating the NFL protocol against gathering outside the facility, I believe.  But I acknowledge NFL policies change and I can't keep track.

20 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

It's linked in the thread?

I saw that.  I was just suggesting it was ....indiscreet of her.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I find it hard to believe that 5 people all got COVID around the same time outside the facility when they are trying to be careful about who they are around. I am not sure what the odds on that would be, but I would suspect pretty low.

Well then, according to the Sherlock Holmes precept "when we eliminate the improbable......"

My guess would be, maybe they aren't trying too hard to be careful.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Good luck to Alex Van Pelt who will be the OC doing game plan and making offense calls for game vs Pittsburgh.

This will not be a game plan that Steelers has seen before.

Aaron Rodgers was furious at Green Bay for letting him go.

Aaron Rodgers thinks Aaron Rodgers is the best GM in the NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

And they are pleading “not guilty” 

His argument:  "Your Honor, it was the steroids that clouded these young men's judgment!"

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Aaron Rodgers thinks Aaron Rodgers is the best GM in the NFL.

The QB version of BO'B? 🤔

On 1/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, whatdrought said:

I hadn’t heard the rumors, but the other times we’ve seen Covid affect a team so widespread and throughout all levels of staff and position groups, it’s been a direct result of negligence. I am definitely suspicious. 

So previously the NFL has said there didn't seem to be spread within the organization.  Now though:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/nfl-has-found-some-covid-19-spread-within-the-browns/

Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, raised a red flag with his comments Thursday afternoon.

“There was some spread from one individual to another,” Sills said of the Browns on NFL Network.

The Browns’ positive COVID-19 tests previously were considered community spread, which is less concerning than an outbreak within the team facility.

But as of today, they get to practice:

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So previously the NFL has said there didn't seem to be spread within the organization.  Now though:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/nfl-has-found-some-covid-19-spread-within-the-browns/

Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL’s chief medical officer, raised a red flag with his comments Thursday afternoon.

“There was some spread from one individual to another,” Sills said of the Browns on NFL Network.

The Browns’ positive COVID-19 tests previously were considered community spread, which is less concerning than an outbreak within the team facility.

But as of today, they get to practice:

Hm. But no word on if there is procedural violations? 

Will be interesting to see what comes of that.