Fins Heaven is a hilarious read if you have the time

Buffalo was trying to run out of clock when they got the ball at 8:40 leading 49-19 in the 4th quarter. The game has already decided and let's just get everyone out of the game healthy. But no, Flores still wanted to play and called timeouts. After he called 2 consecutive timeouts when the game was out of reach, McDermott and Daboll probably just said if Flores wanted to continue to play, we'd continue to play as he wish. McKenzie ran a go route but Barkley's long pass didn't connect this time.

--------------------------

(8:40 - 4th) J.Sanders kicks 58 yards from MIA 35 to BUF 7. I.McKenzie pushed ob at BUF 12 for 5 yards (Br.Jones).

1st & 10 at BUF 12

(8:37 - 4th) A.Williams right tackle to BUF 13 for 1 yard (Z.Sieler).

(8:29 - 4th) Timeout #1 by MIA at 08:29.

2nd & 9 at BUF 13

(8:29 - 4th) A.Williams up the middle to BUF 14 for 1 yard (C.Wilkins; J.Perry).

(8:23 - 4th) Timeout #2 by MIA at 08:23.

3rd & 8 at BUF 14

(8:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) M.Barkley pass incomplete deep right to I.McKenzie (N.Igbinoghene) [Z.Sieler].

4th & 8 at BUF 14

(8:16 - 4th) (Punt formation) PENALTY on BUF-S.Neal, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 14 - No Play.

4th & 13 at BUF 9

(8:04 - 4th) C.Bojorquez punts 67 yards to MIA 24, Center-R.Ferguson. M.Perry MUFFS catch, and recovers at MIA 22. M.Perry pushed ob at MIA 34 for 12 yards (A.Klein).

In Bills' next possession, Barkley connected with Gabriel for the 56 yard touchdown. If Flores didn't call timeouts, Buffalo probably tried to run out of the clock. But no, Flores wanted to continue to play so McDermott granted his wish.

1st & 10 at BUF 44

(6:18 - 4th) M.Barkley pass deep middle to G.Davis for 56 yards, TOUCHDOWN.T.Bass extra point is GOOD, Center-R.Ferguson, Holder-C.Bojorquez.

When Bills got the ball back at 2:47 leading 56-26, Flores still refused the game had decided. He still called his final timeout at 2:13 left. If their fans wanted to complain Bills running up the score, they have their own coach to blame.

(2:47 - 4th) (Onside Kick formation) J.Sanders kicks onside 12 yards from MIA 35 to MIA 47. G.Davis (didn't try to advance) to MIA 47 for no gain.

1st & 10 at MIA 47

(2:45 - 4th) A.Williams left tackle to MIA 40 for 7 yards (J.Perry).

(2:13 - 4th) Timeout #3 by MIA at 02:13.

2nd & 3 at MIA 40

(2:12 - 4th) A.Williams left tackle to MIA 35 for 5 yards (Br.Jones, K.Van Noy).

(2:00 - 4th) Two-Minute Warning

1st & 10 at MIA 35

(1:59 - 4th) M.Barkley kneels to MIA 36 for -1 yards.

2nd & 11 at MIA 36

(1:17 - 4th) M.Barkley kneels to MIA 37 for -1 yards.

3rd & 12 at MIA 37

(0:37 - 4th) M.Barkley kneels to MIA 38 for -1 yards.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I feel for them and at the same time find the notion that we ran up the score laughable. Our best players (especially JA and Diggs) were sitting on the bench. Our O-line, receivers and D were all rotating as mush as is possible in the third and 4th Q. The Fins failed to stop the barrage. It’s really that simple.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This post by a Fins poster is exactly correct.

"Sorry but how can you consider pulling your starters and your team cannot beat the second stringers " running up the score" i mean seriously i would totally agree if starters were in there.

But this really is just useless crying at this point.

Ask the coach and the organization why the heck they cannot beat second stringers."

The ones crying about it must have forgot about Bills back ups in after half time.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Honestly, it didn't sit well with me. 

BUT, I'm sure McD and Daboll may have thought " what if the first string offense gets hit with COVID next week?" Need to know if you can run the offense as is with the backups.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This post by a Fins was is exactly correct.

"Sorry but how can you consider pulling your starters and your team cannot beat the second stringers " running up the score" i mean seriously i would totally agree if starters were in there.

But this really is just useless crying at this point.

Ask the coach and the organization why the heck they cannot beat second stringers."

The ones crying about it must have forgot about Bills back ups in after half time.

Yep.  And as myself and others have pointed out, it's not just the Fins being unable to beat second stringers, they were still going at it aggressively with the timeouts, the defensive play calling, and the onside kick.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, mgs2277 said:

BUT, I'm sure McD and Daboll may have thought " what if the first string offense gets hit with COVID next week?" Need to know if you can run the offense as is with the backups.  

I don't understand why it "didn't sit well" with you? I mean the back ups came in after the half. They did what they are supposed to do. The Fins starters couldn't hang with the Bills back ups.

Also Tua throwing 3 INTs to the Bills Back ups did not help either.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually think part of the phins game plan was to get the bills starters out of the game as soon as possible

The game starts and the dolphins are sending all out blitzes and getting a few hits on Allen, the bills continue to send the starters out and all of a sudden the dolphins defense starts playing off less aggressive letting bills wr's catch the ball gain a few yards and get down without a tackle - it almost came off as let them get their records and get them out of the game except the bills just kept sending their starters out

But any ways its not running up the score when its the back ups in a game that the other team needs to make the playoffs - if anything its respecting the game (in the news for eagles/giants fiasco)

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LewPort71 said:

Reading that message board is funny as all get out.

It makes me appreciate what TBD has and what it does not have.

Having ads in the middle of threads is tedious.

SDS,, Thanks for keeping the threads 'clean' and devoid of ads.

I'm not going to dog them for that. They have been around probably as much as us. Someone has to pay bills and make it worth our while. Those ads are no different than a commercial in the middle of your TV show or movie. It's an honest exchange. "I won't charge you, but I do have an advertiser that would like to show you something."

It's fair as long as publishers don't abuse the exchange.

• Like (+1) 1

A number of people defended the Bills, basically stated "because they can"  One thing I didn't see mentioned was the Bills did it with as many second stringers playing as they could.  Last two  of three TD's were both runs too I believe 

Miami kept passing the ball too trying to score and when not successful giving the ball right.  Even in the NE game, the Pats just ran the ball the last five minutes or so just trying to end it quickly, Miami didn't really try to do that.

I will agree with one comment they made, I did think the end of game handshake between the 2 coaches was a very quick exchange, quicker than normal, so maybe Flores was mad.

Granted it could come back to bite us next year, will see.

2 hours ago, FastFreddy22 said:

Youll love reading their tears man...it took alot out of me to not create an account and just put them all on blast lol

I am not as noble as you sir.....I created and blasted on individual.....then I stopped.....for now.....EDIT.....Opps I been banned!!!!  Reason?  Bills Troll....I kid you not.  They are pretty thin skinned!!!!

Go BILLS!!!

Edited by Kwai San
  • Haha (+1) 1

In the modern NFL, what used to be called "Running Up The Score" is just how you play the game.  Why?  Because a playoff-caliber offense can rattle off 21+ points in 10 minutes.  Atlanta lost the big dance up 28-3 at the half.  You CANNOT aford to just trust your defense to hold up against playoff quality opposition, their coaches know this too, and that's why they don't quit.

Offenses are too good, and coaches don't have to shake hands and take their medicine with time on the clock if their QB has a bad half and goes down three scores. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I just read through the 8 pages of it and laughed at more than a few posts. We too have been on the end of those kinds of beatdowns. Mainly against the Pats and Tom Brady. They couldn't stop our starters in the first half and couldn't stop the 2nd/3rd string in the 2nd half. What are we supposed to do? Call the Jills out of retirement and tell them to suit up? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mgs2277 said:

Fins fan, amIiright? Welcome....

As has been pointed out here several times, if Flores doesn't want to concede defeat and continues to call plays like he's trying to get back in it (calling timeouts on run plays/aggressive ball-buster blitz0 shows going to robber coverage, onside kicks etc), it needs to be expected that the other side will return fire.  If that doesn't sit well with you, look at your own coach.

As for the backups, as someone here pointed out, they don't get "showtime" often.  They're trying to eat.  Going balls-to-the-wall and putting down some good film might mean they get a shot to start on another team (or move up the depth chart here) next season.  Of course they're going to do that.  This is their profession, it's how they pay the rent/mortgage and feed their families, and there's no job security at the bottom of an NFL roster.

I think it needs to be remembered that Flores and Daboll were both assistant coaches with NE overlapping 2013 (when Daboll returned) thru 2016 (when Daboll went to Bama for 2017).  I've heard talk that the assistant coach environment in NE is pretty competitive.  Chris Simms commented on this on a recent "Unbuttoned", saying that Daboll was always a decent straightforward guy.  We have no info (that I know of) on the relationship between Daboll and Flores.  So who knows how that played into the defensive playcalls from MIA, or the offensive playcalls from BUF, but it's another factor.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love this!

Jayjayb said:

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the crap out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL

You love that some drunk fans threw beer on a kid? I think that sucks. That’s classless and shouldn’t happen. This guy is right. That’s disgusting and ignorant. That’s not my experience with our fan base, but it should never happen.

23 minutes ago, mgs2277 said:

You are sure some thin skinned fans on that site of yours.....I was banned for one post.  ONE POST!  You are here after 5 and will be here for quite a few more.....think about THAT.

• Like (+1) 1