Week 17 Regular Season finale Bills vs Dolphins PreGame Thread

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm not worried about that at all.

I'm worried about the Ravens.

Imagine being an almost fully healthy, 12 win, top 3 team in the league and being worried about the ravens. Come on. Whatever happens happens as far as matchup, sure I'd prefer the browns, and we will most likely get them, but there's no reason to be worried about anyone.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Well, the Bills have chosen to gamble. We'll see how this turns out.

They do have to have 47 active players, who should they have sat and who instead activate.  Explain the numbers here.

Please don't suggest Jake Fromm as I think the Covid risk is greater than the injury risk which they'd be opening themselves to.

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Dalton's got a $1 million dollar bonus on the line in today's game.  Dang!

Wow! I had to look up the specifics.

He has 50.52% of snaps this year so he will meet that.

He gets the Cowboys in the playoffs he gets his $1 million bonus.

Hate the Cowboys and never root for them but I do like Andy!

Dolphins were +4.5 earlier in the week. They are now -4. Hopefully someone listened to me, books literally giving away free money. 

It was so obvious that starters were going to rest. But people wanted to hang on to the "2 seed matters, beat the dolphins" narrative

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Well every decade or so it does get below 70 in Alabama so maybe he did ?

Alabama gets cold! I lived there for the better part of 19 years and it gets into the single digits on occasion from Tuscaloosa northward. 

Here’s the thing about who they play/don’t play for me: I trust this organization to do what is in the best interest of the team. However it works out, it will be the correct way that takes into account the desire to win and being smart. 

I love this team! 🏈🦬

Edited by TroutDog

Just now, Process said:

Dolphins were +4.5 earlier in the week. They are now -4. Hopefully someone listened to me, books literally giving away free money. 

It was so obvious that starters were going to rest. But people wanted to hang on to the "2 seed matters, beat the dolphins" narrative

Still up in the air. What if Allen and the offensive starters play the entire first half or even first quarter? Can Tua score enough to beat our back ups? White, Hughes and Addison are out but I would expect the rest of the starting defense to pretty much play at least the entire first half. I also expect scoreboard watching as well from McDermott. So unless the Browns are up two TD's on the Steelers I'm not certain the starters are coming out after just a couple series. 

I guess the Bills don’t care about the 2 seed.  Really rolling the dice with the playoffs and seeding.  If this was the plan all week, why the subterfuge?  

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Still up in the air. What if Allen and the offensive starters play the entire first half or even first quarter? Can Tua score enough to beat our back ups? White, Hughes and Addison are out but I would expect the rest of the starting defense to pretty much play at least the entire first half. I also expect scoreboard watching as well from McDermott. So unless the Browns are up two TD's on the Steelers I'm not certain the starters are coming out after just a couple series. 

I find it unlikely McD is playing/pulling guys based on the score of another game.  He is too much of a planner for that.  He will do what he thinks is best for the team.  If he thinks getting the second seed is very important-- which I doubt-- He will keep playing the starters.