@RapSheet Marrone to be canned...Urban Meyer favorite for job?

Big Blitz

54 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Big shot college HCs and former Belichick coordinators have to have the two biggest fail rates at NFL HC.

What does that say for Daboll?  That he should stick around? :)

We do not need this. Meyer arriving and insisting Fields is the #1 guy..... leaving Trevor to the Jets after all.... 

55 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m wondering how excited Jags fans are to have a guy who’s over/under on duration in the job is probably 3 seasons tops. I’d like more of a future rather than a big splashy name.  But maybe that’s just me?   🤷‍♂️

I see that point. On the flipside Urban Meyer is one of the best 15 football coaches on the planet. When was the last time the Jags could say they had that? Coughlin? 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We do not need this. Meyer arriving and insisting Fields is the #1 guy..... leaving Trevor to the Jets after all.... 

I see that point. On the flipside Urban Meyer is one of the best 15 football coaches on the planet. When was the last time the Jags could say they had that? Coughlin? 

And I see that point as well. Personally, I’d rather have McD because I think he provides a more stable future. But, who know where the Jags will even be in a few years. Meyer just might help prolong there existence in Jax. In my mind, that’s a good thing. I hate to see fans get their team ripped from them (even if there are so few). 

I think even Meyer would have to see Trevor as the better option, right??? Do NOT let the Jests fall into Trevor!!!   😱

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Meyer in think would need an insane contract (6 yrs 60 million) to coach the pros. The people who I know that have worked with him all day he likes the rhythm of the college games and seasons. 

Well connected. Or long winded?

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think college football HC success necessarily translates to NFL HC success.  As of right now, Urban Meyer is someone who has exactly the amount of NFL coaching experience (at any level/position) as you or I do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh, Saban is probably the greatest college coach ever and he couldn’t figure it out in the pro’s. Spurrier is another one. I don’t see Meyer being a great NFL HC. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Another shady college coach who was able to out recruit everyone. I’m sure that will translate to great NFL success. 

Yeah, it is less likely that college coaches make it in the NFL. Good for the Jags it will resign them them to the suck for another three years.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't think college football HC success necessarily translates to NFL HC success.  As of right now, Urban Meyer is someone who has exactly the amount of NFL coaching experience (at any level/position) as you or I do.

Agreed. And yet I'd still take him over Marrone, Bradley, Malarkey and Del Rio.

21 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Meh, Saban is probably the greatest college coach ever and he couldn’t figure it out in the pro’s. Spurrier is another one. I don’t see Meyer being a great NFL HC. 

Maybe he won't be. But which great NFL Head Coach is going to Jacksonville? Meyer has a better chance of NFL success than Saban IMO if he comes because I think he is an exceptional talent evaluator. But regardless he is a guy who gives instant credibility to a franchise that has been cycling through bottom of the barrel Head Coaches for nearly two decades.

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

And I see that point as well. Personally, I’d rather have McD because I think he provides a more stable future. But, who know where the Jags will even be in a few years. Meyer just might help prolong there existence in Jax. In my mind, that’s a good thing. I hate to see fans get their team ripped from them (even if there are so few). 

I think even Meyer would have to see Trevor as the better option, right??? Do NOT let the Jests fall into Trevor!!!   😱

Rumors are Meyer didn’t become interested in Jax until they locked down the #1 Pick and were assured Trevor Lawrence.  

One game, and his OSU affiliation, isn’t going to change that. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Rumors are Meyer didn’t become interested in Jax until they locked down the #1 Pick and were assured Trevor Lawrence.  

One game, and his OSU affiliation, isn’t going to change that. 

Yes my Fields post was in jest. If Urban Meyer takes that job it is because of Trevor Lawrence.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

What a terrible hire Meyer would be... dude has never coached at this level. This is not college football.

Yes, I’m also confused how Meyer keeps having his people mention “health problems” when it’s time to leave a program, but his name pops up for every job opening. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MJS said:

He wasn't even that good in college.

Meyer?  He won three national championships with two different schools.  He has a .854 win % and is 12-3 in Bowl games.  What do you consider good?  

I'm not claiming he will do well in NFL. In fact I don't think he will and I would no hire him.  He is an amazing recruiter fist and foremost.