6 years ago today, Doug Marrone opted out as Bills Head Coach

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was disappointed - I didn’t like him, but we went 9-7 and I was like why the eff is he quitting 

4 million reasons and backdoor understanding of being hired by the Jets (which they backed off due to player pressure)

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was disappointed - I didn’t like him, but we went 9-7 and I was like why the eff is he quitting 

A lot of butt hurt on here about Marron3 and his quitting which I find funny.  I seem to recall that Marrone had wanted to be renewed/extended as he was on the last year of his contract but the Pegulas right so didn't want to budge?   If your only quarterback option for your last season is EJ Manuel and you had the option of jumping ship for another team while getting paid,  wouldn't you do it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Really it has been a slow but still steady and very much a championship team process. Need to grow. As really not a lot of teams get to grow. It seems like a two year window for coaches to get their act together. Really hope they can grow. Not just a great coach but a great person from what I hear.

58 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Thank goodness this self important jerk jumped ship because that laid the groundwork for Sean and the incredible ascension to league dominance. Marrone cancerized himself in Jax like he did here. He alienated players, fans and the sports media, with his humorless, knowitall approach. All Bills fans should be thankful to be rid of this gasbag. 

But we had to endure the two most embarrassing years of Bills fandom - the Ryan era. 

I'd have rather had the same record for two years but under Marrone than that embarrassment of a human leading this team. Hating and I use that word intentionally.... hating the man coaching your favourite team really makes it not fun.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But we had to endure the two most embarrassing years of Bills fandom - the Ryan era. 

I'd have rather had the same record for two years but under Marrone than that embarrassment of a human leading this team. Hating and I use that word intentionally.... hating the man coaching your favourite team really makes it not

Rex was bad and we should have known we were going nowhere when he dragged his brother out of a bar bathroom to be on his staff. The one good thing he did was devastate Jets nation by knocking them out week 17, victimizing Fitz. That was his one accomplishment. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Rex was bad and we should have known we were going nowhere when he dragged his brother out of a bar bathroom to be on his staff. The one good thing he did was devastate Jets nation by knocking them out week 17, victimizing Fitz. That was his one accomplishment. 

The fat man was a disaster. Period.

54 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

A lot of butt hurt on here about Marron3 and his quitting which I find funny.  I seem to recall that Marrone had wanted to be renewed/extended as he was on the last year of his contract but the Pegulas right so didn't want to budge?   If your only quarterback option for your last season is EJ Manuel and you had the option of jumping ship for another team while getting paid,  wouldn't you do it?

Definitely was not on the last year of his contract. He was hired in 2013 and had 2 years left. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How'd they work out for you, Dougie?

TBH it worked out amazing for him. He was going to get fired in one more year here and would have probably had to settle for an assistant coaching job somewhere.

Somehow the guy has been a head coach ever since and that's pretty crazy.