Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

15 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’m new on here but Bills fan for many years. What does that have to do with anything? 
So your on the let’s get a better back up QB next year, got that. Always looking to upgrade the roster. I’m fine with that. Currently he’s our backup so while he threw a bad pass I don’t think he is alone in not being perfect.
Your funny on the fandom as I’ve been Bills fan since 1970, hope that ok. And that I recently started posting. So bandwagon connect is laughable. 

HEY NEWBIE, YOU GOT NO MESSAGE BOARD CRED HERE, YOU DIG(G) IT?!?!?!

• Haha (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Everything.

We've been real-talking the Bills here for 20 plus years so you aren't going come in and stay "stop doing that" and have any more success than Barkley had on that pass to Beasley.

Don't care how long you think you've been a fan.............that's a personal matter subject to interpretation..........the absolute is that this place has been here since 1998 and if you didn't find it until now you were either doing time or not trying very hard.

Wow your the only Bills fan apparently. So I’ve been aware of the sight just haven’t posted. Guess I’m not a real fan. Sensitive much ? It’s a forum for discussion ? 

49 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

HEY NEWBIE, YOU GOT NO MESSAGE BOARD CRED HERE, YOU DIG(G) IT?!?!?!

Nice caps. Your really good at having a debate on such a sensitive topic as our back up QB throw a bad pass. I’ll try to earn my board cred as soon as I can. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Everything.

We've been real-talking the Bills here for 20 plus years so you aren't going come in and stay "stop doing that" and have any more success than Barkley had on that pass to Beasley.

Don't care how long you think you've been a fan.............that's a personal matter subject to interpretation..........the absolute is that this place has been here since 1998 and if you didn't find it until now you were either doing time or not trying very hard.

So your a real talker because you have been posting for 20 years. I had the audacity to disagree with such a prestigious Bills fan. When exactly did I say “stop doing that”?  I didn’t happen to agree with you. 

I don’t think I’m a fan, I am a fan so you can stop that embarrassing line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Patrick Mahomes could be abducted by aliens. No need to fret that everything will be worse case. Look losing Cole sucks but the offense has a lot of weapons, I think the staff can come up with a plan if he needs to rest for a game or two, especially with Smoke back. I'm concerned about this but its not like the team lost Diggs or Allen, the wheels haven't come off. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground about this and start to be more invested next week.

How probable is that compared to Beasley missing games?

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Take it for what it’s worth: caller on morning show said he went to Buffalo airport with some other fans to greet the team and he noticed Beasley had a “significant” limp...

Maybe he had a stone in his shoe..

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Further to my comment up-thread.

Forgot to mention that I'm currently being treated by BB ortho team, one guy very close to OBD (another ACL...yes, living the dream).

Anyway, these boys and girls def have their sh*t together. Extremely thorough, medically creative, energetic, etc...even for a schmuck like me.

Imagine, then, what they've done for Beas? Probably MRI'd him 10 times already, and probed every orifice.

Bottom line: they KNOW what's wrong with him. 

Given that, "week-to-week" ain't exactly terrific (I'm not pitching doom and gloom).

Still "believe" it's meniscus-related, but won't get into it here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Steelers are playing their backups , you know that right?

And worst case scenario if the bills lost and Steelers pulled off the upset with their backups, having the 2 or 3 seed really doesn’t make that much of a difference this year.

I can’t see the bills playing their starters 60 minutes. 2 series, to 1 half maximum would be my guess

Back ups?  Roethlisberger is the only one I saw being benched. 

Either way it's all the more reason to secure a win.  

Home field throughout is the most important thing. 

55 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair enough. I still think browns should crush them though.

The browns just got handled by the Jets. 

We need to play to win. 

I have no problem sitting guys in the third or fourth quarter if the game is out of hand but we need to play to win this to secure the second seed

11 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

We need to play to win. 

I have no problem sitting guys in the third or fourth quarter if the game is out of hand but we need to play to win this to secure the second seed

I really don’t think home field is that important to be honest . This year at least.

Sure browns lost to the jets, but I’m sure as you know they were down all their starting receivers plus tons of other key starters.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

We need to play to win. 

Home field advantage throughout is the most important thing?

Throughout? The difference between 2 and 3 is ONE GAME, round two. And if we lose 90% we will play it at home anyways. 

And worst case if we don't, we play in an empty stadium 3 hours away. 

Health is the most important thing and the only thing that will hold this team back. 

I can't wait u til the inactive list comes out for this game so this nonsense can stop 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Throughout? The difference between 2 and 3 is ONE GAME, round two. And if we lose 90% we will play it at home anyways. 

Health is the most important thing and the only thing that will hold this team back. 

I can't wait u til the inactive list comes out for this game so this nonsense can stop 

This^

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Also, if PITT gets the 2 seed and then loses during WC weekend (likely) and we are the 3 seed.....doesn't that make us the second highest seed remaining? (if we win) we'd regain home field until KC (god willing that happens) I don't see why we'd risk anyone on Sunday against the Dolphins, unless we just want to eliminate them to eliminate them. 

Edited by Plano

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I really don’t think home field is that important to be honest . This year at least.

Sure browns lost to the jets, but as I’m sure as you know they were down all their starting receivers plus tons of other key starters.

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Please put me under the category of the truly converted.

From "play the game and win" to "sit everybody".

Hell, if it weren't for the fact that I want to see what we have in Barkley/Fromm and some of the other younger guys I'd even forfeit the game.  It's not like season ticket holders are going to be hurt be it.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Further to my comment up-thread.

Forgot to mention that I'm currently being treated by BB ortho team, one guy very close to OBD (another ACL...yes, living the dream).

Anyway, these boys and girls def have their sh*t together. Extremely thorough, medically creative, energetic, etc...even for a schmuck like me.

Imagine, then, what they've done for Beas? Probably MRI'd him 10 times already, and probed every orifice.

Bottom line: they KNOW what's wrong with him. 

Given that, "week-to-week" ain't exactly terrific (I'm not pitching doom and gloom).

Still "believe" it's meniscus-related, but won't get into it here.

Based on the video where does he damage the meniscus? 

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I've been good.......you on the other hand, are a newb who just showed up here when the team started winning and now wants to defend every player's honor because you think it legitimizes your fandom.

It don't.  

There is plenty of room on the bandwagon...........but sometimes poor play is going to get called out in a forum where the team's performance gets dissected.

Getting one of your starting WR's injured with a pathetic throw happens to be one of them.   And considering Barkley's appearances the past couple of seasons his poor relief work has become commonplace.   It's pretty clear that Barkley can't hold the team together for a few games if Allen is out and that's what a #2 QB has to do so you might wanna' cancel that Barkley jersey order.

Josh just needs to stay healthy and the WR corps just needs to take note and make business decisions when Barkley is throwing them into harms way in garbage time.

Agree totally with this. It was debated in the shoutbox last night too and there are those who say "we don't need a better backup because if Josh goes down the season is dead anyway." I mean I don't disagree if Josh misses any length of time that is likely true - as it is for a lot of teams - but the idea that you don't still try to upgrade at least within the budget you are currently spending on the position is asinine to me. People talk about a backup who could hold the team together for 2 games if needs be.... Barkley couldn't hold them together for two Quarters... we would be a mess instantly. He is a bottom of the barrel backup who came in and helped get a starting wideout hurt. 

Part of the problem with Bills fans and Barkley is that his Bills debut was his career day. That sticks in a lot of minds. But go watch film on him from any of his other NFL outings. That game against the Jets in 2018 does not represent who Matt Barkley is as an NFL Quarterback. That is his best game. The rest is putrid. 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Plano said:

Also, if PITT gets the 2 seed and then loses during WC weekend (likely) and we are the 3 seed.....doesn't that make us the second highest seed remaining? (if we win) we'd regain home field until KC (god willing that happens) I don't see why we'd risk anyone on Sunday against the Dolphins, unless we just want to eliminate them to eliminate them. 

I've been saying the first part.  First off, I think that the Browns will beat a Ben-less Steelers team.  And even if the Steelers win, they could easily lose in the first round (and if they don't, traveling to Pgh to play them won't be bad at all).  As for Miami, I think they need to lose and several others to lose as well.  Unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've been saying the first part.  First off, I think that the Browns will beat a Ben-less Steelers team.  And even if the Steelers win, they could easily lose in the first round (and if they don't, traveling to Pgh to play them won't be bad at all).  As for Miami, I think they need to lose and several others to lose as well.  Unlikely.

Miami needs a win or a Browns, Colts or Ravens loss...

If we play our starters the whole game I don't think Miami has a prayer.  They simply can't score enough and they won't be able to slow down Allen.  

The most likely scenario for the Fins is we rest our starters for all or a lot of the game and they get a W against backups and they are in.  If they lose, they only need one of those teams to lose but I can't see it...although Cleveland loves breaking their fans hearts and Steeler backups can definitely beat a team who only needs a win to be in as we all well know...especially when it is the hated Browns

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Based on the video where does he damage the meniscus? 

Emphasis on not being a doc...but I did tear meniscus this way and have fair amount of experience. Plus I was a trainer in an earlier life.

Also, my view emerges not just fr vid, but also how they are dealing w this (what little we know).

Anyway, re vid: when he plants L foot...hips are square thru his toe (though that doesn't per se mean knee is "straight") while he is trying to neutralize his momentum (i.e., slowing forward velocity).

Meanwhile, knee at perpendicular flexion (or extension, choose whichever), w upper body weight posterior to knee.

Result: meniscus is doing it's job--shock absorbing and distributing load--but that load is huge in this position. Logically, chance for injury higher.

Note: obviously, no idea if it's lateral or medial, stable (horizontal) tear, or even any injury at all!!

I've had a couple of so-called flap tears, aside from ACLs. When "flap" is "in place", it's not bad actually. But when it "shifts" there's pain (not awful) and knee catches/swells. Does require surgery, but not big deal.

Please don't flame me! Just trying to bring semi-semi (did I note "semi"?) informed view.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1