Your Favorite/Most Memorable Bills Christmas Gift

Wizard

What was your favorite/most memorable Bills-related gift you ever received or gave? What made this gift extra significant to you?

For me, I received a Bills "Starter" Jacket. I remember not even asking for one, but this was the cool type of jacket to have of your favorite sports team, so I was beyond shocked and grateful.

I received it from my mom, and I wore it thatday while sledding at my aunt's house.

• Like (+1) 2

When my brother and i where little we both got very small 32 Jerseys ( we all known who that player is just bad juju) anyway first time I every really had something the same as my big brother and we did not have to share. I guess the meaning is always looked up to my big brother but we're never really that close.

Also got pjs but went out in the snow to play with them and kinda destroyed them just being a boy

When I was a kid I got a nice Bills fleece blanket from my Grandma.  I remember being disappointed, and probably didn't hide it well (as a 12 year old I wasn't really interested in a blanket) and feel bad to this day that I didn't show her proper appreciation.  Today it's my football blanket, and my kids will also frequently commandeer it.  I love that it came from her and that it feels like she's with us when we're using it, even though she passed around 30 years ago.

My second would be going last years playoff game.  My wife did not get me anything for Xmas, and I kind of guilted her into giving me the weekend away (the biggest gift was her being responsible for both of our little monsters for a few days.)

• Like (+1) 2

Not my favorites but some of my more interesting:

*  A piece of Rich Stadium's old astroturf encased in clear thick plastic.

*  A set of official Buffalo Bills teaspoons with the Bills logo proudly visible on each handle.

*  A large Buffalo Bills wall clock.  It's a Bills helmet mounted in a frame with red velvet background.  I've been told it's beyond hideous.

*  A box of Flutie flakes

But my most prestigious gift was an official Buffalo Bills WHAMMY WIENER!

I got a nice framed Photo of the pic in my avatar.  It was cool to me because I was way too young to be there and experience it and knowing something like that will never happen again I always thought that was such a cool moment in Bills history.  I am also a Memorabilia collector so I thought that was a pretty unique piece of Memorabilia to have.  If anybody saw the recent video Marv Levy sent out congratulating Sean McDermott and the Bills on winning the AFC East you can see he also has a framed photo of that pic in the background as well!

• Like (+1) 1

We were at my wife’s parent’s house for Christmas. Her family knew I was a diehard Bills fan and never gave me too much grief about it even though none of them had any allegiance to the team. That year her parents and grandparents got together and bought me an authentic Jim Kelly jersey! I couldn’t believe it and was so excited. Immediately put it on that morning and never took it off all day.

• Like (+1) 1

Not a gift, but...

At the end of 1999, I had a closet full of Bills winter jackets, all in great shape. I think I had eight of them. I decided to take them to the Open Door Mission in Rochester for homeless folks to stay warm. For the next two years, you would have thought the streets were full of Bills fans. You could always see someone walking, sleeping or just hanging out, in Bills' gear. It made me smile and laugh at the same time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This year I ordered myself a great retro Bills flag to hang outside the house. The BEST gift was the identical flag I got for my son. He LOVES it! 

The best gift I’ve ever seen (but didn’t give or receive) was the signed and framed Bruce Smith jersey our son gave to his brother. It was very extravagant based upon what he was earning at the time, but a brother’s love knows no bounds. 

I have a Pro-line, Bills sweatshirt from Christmas 1995 that I wear a few times a year and still looks brand new.

My favorite, and I will call it Bills related, because, without my love of the Bills, I wouldn't have got it, was a game called "Talking Monday Night Football" that I got as a boy in the late 70's. 

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I got a nice framed Photo of the pic in my avatar.  It was cool to me because I was way too young to be there and experience it and knowing something like that will never happen again I always thought that was such a cool moment in Bills history.  I am also a Memorabilia collector so I thought that was a pretty unique piece of Memorabilia to have.  If anybody saw the recent video Marv Levy sent out congratulating Sean McDermott and the Bills on winning the AFC East you can see he also has a framed photo of that pic in the background as well!

I got myself a poster of this as well, it was my first game, and I've told the story here before, but I went to that game as a Jets fan, and left a Bills fan.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wizard said:

What was your favorite/most memorable Bills-related gift you ever received or gave? What made this gift extra significant to you?

For me, I received a Bills "Starter" Jacket. I remember not even asking for one, but this was the cool type of jacket to have of your favorite sports team, so I was beyond shocked and grateful.

I received it from my mom, and I wore it thatday while sledding at my aunt's house.

Same, got this when I was like 12 in middle School. Now I want another one. :)

m_5c64d63f2e14786845a49bae.jpg

Wife got me this 2 years ago as well., looks great right now on front lawn.

1001072826.jpg

Lastly, my mother in law has been getting me the official Bills calendar for like 10 years now.

eac122ce-2529-442d-94b9-826203c72ae4?_mz

Non Xmas gifts I got from Van Miller direct as I used to deliver the BN to him and Gloria for like 5 years. He gave me his VIP media pass and ticket from Pasadena XXVII and a autographed James Lofton rookie card.  Guys was a class act and humble. RIP Van.

• Like (+1) 1