CONFIRMED: Lions without Interim HC Darrell Bevell and 4 Defensive Assistant Coaches this weekend

Big Turk

First it was the Broncos with no QB...now the Lions just closed their facility and the entire defensive coaching staff and Darrell Bevell are considered close contacts.

I mean not like it could get any worse for them...just let Stafford call his own plays and the defensive leader can do the same...it would be hilarious if they actually shellacked whoever they were playing with no coaches...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2020/12/24/report-detroit-lions-interim-head-coach-darrell-bevell-out-saturday-due-to-possible-covid-19-exposure/

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am assuming coaches can remotely communicate with the players, this isnt like College where you cant call in.

I think with technology if they have it organized properly, the impact will be nominal.

Just get Stafford and the middle linebacker to wear air buds and keep in contact with the coaches. Super 2020!

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am assuming coaches can remotely communicate with the players, this isnt like College where you cant call in.

I think with technology if they have it organized properly, the impact will be nominal.

The NFL has done a bunch of stuff to make their sideline and coach communications secure and specific - much harder for episodes like Tomlin's "Patriots radio broadcast in my headset" to occur.

The flip side of being more secure, though, is being harder to patch in from outside.

Bottom line I don't know what's possible and what the NFL will allow.  If the coaches are allowed to be at the game but sit somewhere outside the coaches box, and wear the usual headsets, impact could be minimal I guess, but unclear (to me anyway) what NFL rules will allow

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

First it was the Broncos with no QB...now the Lions just closed their facility and the entire defensive coaching staff and Darren Bevell are considered close contacts.

I mean not like it could get any worse for them...just let Stafford call his own plays and the defensive leader can do the same...it would be hilarious if they actually shellacked whoever they were playing with no coaches...

seems like they could quarantine them in the press box or one of the empty suites and let them call the game though,right? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

All they need is a Lay-z-boy, a cooler and a big screen. You see more than the refs do that way.