49ers sign Josh Rosen

45 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I said your latter the other day at work. My Alabama, Roll Tide buddy asked, “So, you must be pretty happy with Allen?”

I followed with, “I love him.” It came out fast, felt right. 

Straight faced, to the point of shock, he goes, “You, what? Did you say that you love him?”

(Awkward silence)

Me: “Yeah.”

"I love you Josh Allen"- Cole Beasley voice 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

At this rate he might pass Fitzpatrick before Allen signs an extension, and he’s got an outside chance to pass Brandon Marshall. 

He might pass Fitz in teams.  He won’t pass him  in games started, passes completed, yards, percent complete, or TDs.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 3

I give Rosen credit for swallowing his pride and going all year on P.S.  Watching Brady work could be changing for him.  I dont see how Rosen doesnt rise about Mullens and Befurd.  I think he could resurrect his career with Shanahan.  Makes 49ers 100% more interesting the last 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

I give Rosen credit for swallowing his pride and going all year on P.S.  Watching Brady work could be changing for him.  I dont see how Rosen doesnt rise about Mullens and Befurd.  I think he could resurrect his career with Shanahan.  Makes 49ers 100% more interesting the last 2 weeks.

Anybody else reminded how Anakin Skywalker was seduced by the Dark Side? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He was my #2 after Allen. Tampa didn’t cut him so it’s a bit misleading to say 4 teams in three years. SF signed him away from the Bucs to their active roster. Even now I still think he has a better chance of succeeding than Darnold. In the right QB friendly system maybe he can be a capable starter. Very unlikely at this point but SF is an interesting landing spot.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He was my #2 after Allen. Tampa didn’t cut him so it’s a bit misleading to say 4 teams in three years. SF signed him away from the Bucs to their active roster. Even now I still think he has a better chance of succeeding than Darnold. In the right QB friendly system maybe he can be a capable starter. Very unlikely at this point but SF is an interesting landing spot.

Yeah, I don’t think we know for sure yet whether Rosen can play.  We pretty well know Darnold can’t, and SF (or wherever that team is now) is a place he might be able to succeed.  I mean, why not throw him out there instead of Mullins or the other bum?

16 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

I said your latter the other day at work. My Alabama, Roll Tide buddy asked, “So, you must be pretty happy with Allen?”

I followed with, “I love him.” It came out fast, felt right. 

Straight faced, to the point of shock, he goes, “You, what? Did you say that you love him?”

(Awkward silence)

Me: “Yeah.”

Hahaha- I’ve done it too!

19 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I remember begging the Bills to take Rosen (on the assumption that Darnold and Mayfield were gone). Lol, what an idiot I was.

I'm sorry JA iloveyousomuch 

One of my worst takes ever was that the Bills should have taken Lamar or Rosen. I am glad I am not the one making the decisions for the franchise. But once the Bills made the selection within 2 days I saw why and I was on board. So it was more so a matter of being ill-informed.