Week 16: Bills at Pats on MNF

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Amazing no other players have been effected from this positive, especially the RBs. Likely a result of following protocols I.e. masks, distancing, etc. 

If so, well done, Bills Brass, well done. 

Well not sure if everyone saw this. But here is a bit about their protocols. Interesting they tweet that out now just a couple hours before the Yeldon news breaks lol. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

BB is not going to let us embarrass him on prime time. Expect a lot of wrinkles in his game plan and for him to come after Josh. 

I am expecting that will be object more than attempting to win game.

Gregg Williams may be signed as Defense Assistant.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:42 PM, Big Turk said:

5 TD passes and 13 INTs on the year? I'll take it.

No doubt a mobile QB to complement their power running scheme gives NE the best chance to beat this Bills team, even if that mobile QB has been woeful through the air this season (as evidenced by the ugly stats you're citing). Had us on the ropes in that first matchup, after all. 

Methinks Stidham would be absolutely hopeless against the Bills D. At least Cam adds that rushing threat and likewise enhances their running game overall. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is it just me or do they have a lot of random players on the trip? 

Davis Webb, Nate Becker, some other OL, etc

Yeah its just you....been happening all season.  

Here is a link to travel pics to Denver, same PS guys are on the team flight: https://www.buffalobills.com/photos/suited-up-bills-travel-to-denver#c64d3435-02e0-4a3e-a754-5da1df9a79eb

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

These next 2 defenses we face - after just playing the 49ers and then a Vic Fangio D - you couldn't ask for more to prepare for the playoffs.  

A BB defense.  Flores runs the same system.  Doesn't game plan as good as BB yet but still.  His corners are better and they are very good and in a must win.    

I just prefer this then playing scrub defenses going in.  Great tests/tune ups.  The 1990 Bills saw the Giants in the final few weeks of that season.  Playing against Miami then the Raiders didn't seem quite as difficult as that come the playoffs.

Last year we didn't see a QB/WR combo like Nuke/Watson.  Dak and Cooper maybe?  I think that plus inexperience hurt.  Got a feeling it's going to be the Colts, Steelers, and Ravens.  3 of the best defenses in the AFC.  Something looks off in KC.  Hill is banged up and zero running game.  No CEH and Sammy hurt again.  

With the important goal achieved, I'm just glad we aren't playing the Jags or Texans as we gear up for a run.      

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Amazing no other players have been effected from this positive, especially the RBs. Likely a result of following protocols I.e. masks, distancing, etc. 

If so, well done, Bills Brass, well done. 

All position group meetings are done by web cam now

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is it just me or do they have a lot of random players on the trip? 

Davis Webb, Nate Becker, some other OL, etc

Since the new rule that Covid-19 replacements can be called up from PS day-of-game, the PS travels with the team, 'cuz activating a guy in B'lo when you're in Foxborough not much use.

Mid-December change - link in the NFL covid thread

11 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yeah its just you....been happening all season. 

No, but it's been happening since the day-of-game activation for covid replacement rule change

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am expecting that will be object more than attempting to win game.

Gregg Williams may be signed as Defense Assistant.

I get it that Belichick has been "relentless in the pursuit of a competitive advantage".  But other than bugging the locker room and looking for papers in the hotel rooms and meeting rooms, the headsets go out, the phones don't work, the microsoft surface tablets don't work.......

...when has Belichick ever been like Greg Williams with the "dirty play" bit?  I don't think Gronk clubbed Tre White because Belichick told him play dirty, I think he did it because he was frustrated scum and the refs let him get away with it.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get it that Belichick has been "relentless in the pursuit of a competitive advantage".  But other than bugging the locker room and looking for papers in the hotel rooms and meeting rooms, the headsets go out, the phones don't work, the microsoft surface tablets don't work.......

...when has Belichick ever been like Greg Williams with the "dirty play" bit?  I don't think Gronk clubbed Tre White because Belichick told him play dirty, I think he did it because he was frustrated scum and the refs let him get away with it.

M$ surface tablet are used because they are paid sponsorship items and from someone in IT field bad choice for all the security holes which is probably why Billicheat likes them.

And his attitude has been to cross the line, it is the P*triots Way, and if other methods are not working he will do whatever he can do to win. Since he cannot win this season he will look at long term view and decide best game plan is to have defense repeated go after Josh even if it means he beats some blitzes for score does not matter.

29 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

M$ surface tablet are used because they are paid sponsorship items and from someone in IT field bad choice for all the security holes which is probably why Billicheat likes them.

And his attitude has been to cross the line, it is the P*triots Way, and if other methods are not working he will do whatever he can do to win. Since he cannot win this season he will look at long term view and decide best game plan is to have defense repeated go after Josh even if it means he beats some blitzes for score does not matter.

OK, so you're saying Belichick has never had a reputation as a "dirty coach" like Gregg Williams, but you think he'll turn to dirty play to take out our QB "because"?  Certainly if Josh runs and they can hit him legally and take him out, I think we can expect that.   One never quite knows what a cornered rat will do, but that's not what I expect from Belichick, and I say that as someone who certainly has no love for him.

Belichick has owned McDermott for 3.5 years and owned Daboll and owned Josh on defense for 2.5 years.  He confuses and bemuses Josh and makes him either not throw or throw into trouble.  Earlier in the season, Daboll circumvented ownership by saying "you think we can't run?  HA!  we're going to run until you prove you can stop it" and ran down Belichick's throat while telling Josh don't throw unless you're sure. 

It'll be interesting to see what approach Daboll takes this evening.  But I don't think Belichick is conceding "change in ownership" just yet.

On 12/20/2020 at 11:01 PM, Ghost_002! said:

If you were the jets..I could see it, but I don't remember any ill will toward the bills or the pats "running up" the score against the bills...

Plus what is "running up the score" i never understood that when fans (not directed at you) complain about that, they are professionals. Your job is to stop the other team from scoring..

Do you know what it is now