Wait Kelvin Benjamin Was Part of '14 draft class?!

HardyBoy

Am I the only person who had no idea he was part of the Sammy 04 draft class?! I was randomly looking at the top of the 20l4 draft class and scrolled down a bit and there he was!

So instead of trading for sammy and kb, they prob coulda figured out some way to get Mack and kb for less?

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Am I the only person who had no idea he was part of the Sammy 04 draft class?! I was randomly looking at the top of the 20l4 draft class and scrolled down a bit and there he was!

So instead of trading for sammy and kb, they prob coulda figured out some way to get Mack and kb for less?

Scroll waaaaaaaay further down for Davante Adams.

• Like (+1) 3

Yes, he was one of many good receivers from that draft, or anyway he looked like a good one for a few years.

They were very high on Beckham Jr and if they hadn't traded up we'd likely have ended up with him or Ebron.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

you look back At the first two rounds of that 2014 NFL Draft, and there is a lot of regret. The Bills gave up a bunch to draft Sammie Watkins, and then picked Cyrus Koundjo in the second round. 

I know draft analysis can be 20/20, but the first two rounds resulted in a ton of talented NFL Players (Mack, Donald,  etc.). It’s a shame we couldn’t have hit on someone. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Am I the only one that thinks your ignorance doesn’t deserve it’s own thread!?!?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

By figured out, you mean could have taken Mack instead of Watkins?  Or gone for Evans, Beckham or others without giving up the pick the year after? Yeah, coulda done all that.. but somebody has to be the punch line of the jokes and before this year, that was the best strategy to get national media attention.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes it was a well known fact. And he was a very good WR prior to knee injury. 
They could have selected Mack and many of us wanted that to happen after they made the trade announcement. But they gave up a 2015 first round pick. There is no way they could have had both Mack and KB.

Draft Mack with pick we used on Sammy. Trade third rd pick for Benjamin when we did. Boom both on team

4 hours ago, QCity said:

Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Odell Beckham, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, and more.

One of the deepest WR classes in history and we traded up for one :doh:

The Watkins trade up was one of the biggest mistake setbacks this organization had made in recent memory.   I’m so glad we have a real organization who would never make such a foolish decision such as that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

The other factoid I like is the 2006 draft.  At one point 5 of the top 10 picks played for the bills - including 1,2 and 3. 

That very hyped draft was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. If you redrafted today - Kyle Williams would possibly be a top 10 pick. 

Fun fact: factoid usually means something that’s false. 

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, he was one of many good receivers from that draft, or anyway he looked like a good one for a few years.

They were very high on Beckham Jr and if they hadn't traded up we'd likely have ended up with him or Ebron.

So we were screwed either way? Neither Watkins, OBJ or Ebron saw a second contract with their original team.