Longest Throw ever recorded belongs to.....

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Little known rule, but from your own 20 it still counts for 3 points if you throw it through the opposing goalposts regardless of altitude. Besides myself, I think only Bill Belichick is aware of that. It’s hidden in the dropkick section of the rule book, so most people have overlooked it.

What do they mark it as on the stat sheet?  A good kick?

I mean, you Google longest Hail Mary's and there's a Brady throw that he releases from his own 13 that lands at the opposite 11. That's a 76 yard throw, since their counting Baker's from where it landed. 

I guess they mean longest throw they ever noticed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I mean, you Google longest Hail Mary's and there's a Brady throw that he releases from his own 13 that lands at the opposite 11. That's a 76 yard throw, since their counting Baker's from where it landed. 

I guess they mean longest throw they ever noticed. 

Seems more like they're purposefully ***** with Bills fans since it's Something Allen is known for.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

PFF needs to stop being a thing.  When did they start ‘recording’ passes?  He threw the ball from the 40 yard line.  Passes weren’t ‘recorded’ before PFF?  I can guarantee you a 70 yard pass is not the longest pass in NFL history.  

Oh it is and it will be until pff says otherwise. 🙄

I don't have the exact stats on it because I didn't go back and look, but we literally just saw Allen against Pittsburgh launch one from his own 25 to about the 5 missing Diggs the other night.  He did it standing still facing a pass rush in his face.  It may have not been the longest throw ever, but he threw it 70 yards standing still in the cold/wet conditions we had the other night.  He made it look so easy.  Just wish he'd hit one of those.  Guarantee he could throw it 85 in Denver if he had to.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't have the exact stats on it because I didn't go back and look, but we literally just saw Allen against Pittsburgh launch one from his own 25 to about the 5 missing Diggs the other night.  He did it standing still facing a pass rush in his face.  It may have not been the longest throw ever, but he threw it 70 yards standing still in the cold/wet conditions we had the other night.  He made it look so easy.  Just wish he'd hit one of those.  Guarantee he could throw it 85 in Denver if he had to.

Daboll gonna draw one up for Allen this weekend just to one up Mayfield? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Little known rule, but from your own 20 it still counts for 3 points if you throw it through the opposing goalposts regardless of altitude. Besides myself, I think only Bill Belichick is aware of that. It’s hidden in the dropkick section of the rule book, so most people have overlooked it.

Augue, just for fun, after we’re up by 28 pts. In the 4th quarter, Allen ought to just from 1st and 10 on the 25 after the kick off, have him throw it right through the goal posts.  Then on our next possession he does it again, and then again.  That would be the funniest ending of a game ever.

I could just hear the announcers say, wait he over threw that ball by a mile.  Then the ref signals, three pts., then they go bananas.  Hey I know ....., let’s call Belicheck, maybe he knows what’s going on.  Just sayin.😇🤫💪🏈

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Baker's arm has always been underrated IMO. There are plenty of other factors to playing Quarterback of course but if he fails as an NFL QB long term it won't be for lack of arm strength.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I love the dumbass Raven who runs into the goal post

Yeah, they moved the goalposts back because it used to happen a lot more when they were at the goal line.  Don’t think I’d seen someone run into it so hard at the back line

Edited by ColeB