CBS to simulcast wild-card game on Nickelodeon

CLTbills

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30524548/cbs-simulcast-wild-card-game-nickelodeon

I scanned the first few pages and didn't see this posted anywhere. Mods, feel free to merge/move if needed. But considering that the article states they are planning it for a wild-card game, it could technically affect the Bills/broadcast of a Bills playoff game. But I thought it was kind of interesting. I actually think it's a great idea, honestly. I've been struggling to get my five year old to sit and watch a game with me to learn the game. I wonder if a more kid-centered broadcast would attract a younger generation of fans. 

Edited by CLTbills

3 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Are the announcers going to get Green Slim dumped on their heads anytime they say "I don't know?"

I'd definitely watch the game on Nick if that's the case!

Mark Summers and Donkey Lips calling the game? 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

are they going to dump green slime on people when they say, "i don't know"?

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Are the announcers going to get Green Slim dumped on their heads anytime they say "I don't know?"

I'd definitely watch the game on Nick if that's the case!

*****!  i didn't read the thread first!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30524548/cbs-simulcast-wild-card-game-nickelodeon

I scanned the first few pages and didn't see this posted anywhere. Mods, feel free to merge/move if needed. But considering that the article states they are planning it for a wild-card game, it could technically affect the Bills/broadcast of a Bills playoff game. But I thought it was kind of interesting. I actually think it's a great idea, honestly. I've been struggling to get my five year old to sit and watch a game with me to learn the game. I wonder if a more kid-centered broadcast would attract a younger generation of fans. 

Not because of the Nick thing as I do think it’s great kids can enjoy football like we did as little kids.  I wasn’t aloud to talk during a Bills game.  The problem down here and probably other places is Tegna and my provider are in negotiations over CBS so I’m out.  I’m switching if not fixed soon.  I read the other day someone from another part of the country isn’t getting NBC with the same problem with Tegna.

I can imagine everyone gets Nick so that is great news and again thank you for sharing this point.  Very valuable.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Why Johnny Ringo, it looks like someone walked all over you’re grave?  

McD should play this clip in the locker room before a rematch if there is one for the Steelers in the divisional game.  😏

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Why Johnny Ringo, it looks like someone walked all over you’re grave?  

McD should play this clip in the locker room before a rematch if there is one for the Steelers in the divisional game.  😏

Docholliday Tombstone GIF - Docholliday Tombstone Daisy - Discover & Share  GIFs | Val kilmer, Doc holliday, Tombstone

• Haha (+1) 1

"OK kids, on this play the great big guy on steroids (don't ever do drugs) just tried to rip the head off the QB (that's illegal, don't ever do illegal stuff). Oops, sorry you had to hear him say that to the refs. Remember, the words "F*** You!" are bad (don't ever cuss at people). And he just intercepted the ball and took it the other way (normally it's best to share, but not always). Ouch, that guy's leg just bent the wrong way. He's gonna need surgery now (but look at the bright side, they have ice cream in the hospital!). And the game's over and they lost by 6 (which sucks, cuz I had $100 on them to hang within 5. That's a bad beat boys and girls. Don't ever bet on sports). I need a beer.... I mean a juice."

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

"OK kids, on this play the great big guy on steroids (don't ever do drugs) just tried to rip the head off the QB (that's illegal, don't ever do illegal stuff). Oops, sorry you had to hear him say that to the refs. Remember, the words "F*** You!" are bad (don't ever cuss at people). And he just intercepted the ball and took it the other way (normally it's best to share, but not always). Ouch, that guy's leg just bent the wrong way. He's gonna need surgery now (but look at the bright side, they have ice cream in the hospital!). And the game's over and they lost by 6 (which sucks, cuz I had $100 on them to hang within 5. That's a bad beat boys and girls. Don't ever bet on sports). I need a beer.... I mean a juice."

My throat hurts laughing so hard.  In my house, it’s called daddy juice.  Look kids, see how dad loved ginger ale. Now eat you’re vegetables.  Daddy needs a nap.

26 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Have you considered this option?  It's worked well in my family:

mtatb72360_600.jpg?v=1521101518.05

The *really* Inconvenient truth for Nickelodeon is that Dan Schneider really made them who they are today.  The network has sagged since they cut ties with him.  If it weren't for reliable SpongeBob, nobody would watch.

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

angling to get more young fans?

Yep.

NFL, for the matter almost ALL sports are losing market share, big time.  Less kids are playing sports and kids are deluged for on demand media.  Kids spend hours/day om video games which are getting more and more addictive with better graphics, sounds realism.  Look at the exponential growth of Tik Tok.  

This move reeks of desperation imo.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Not because of the Nick thing as I do think it’s great kids can enjoy football like we did as little kids.  I wasn’t aloud to talk during a Bills game.  The problem down here and probably other places is Tegna and my provider are in negotiations over CBS so I’m out.  I’m switching if not fixed soon.  I read the other day someone from another part of the country isn’t getting NBC with the same problem with Tegna.

I can imagine everyone gets Nick so that is great news and again thank you for sharing this point.  Very valuable.

re read that one

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep.

NFL, for the matter almost ALL sports are losing market share, big time.  Less kids are playing sports and kids are deluged for on demand media.  Kids spend hours/day om video games which are getting more and more addictive with better graphics, sounds realism.  Look at the exponential growth of Tik Tok.  

This move reeks of desperation imo.

I think a big part of this might be how families don't have just one T.V. anymore plus the internet, kids have other things they can do instead of watching Football with their parents.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Roy, auto correct grammar police.  My point was my dad never let us talk during a game until commercials.  My brother being a stinker would argue with him I think just to tweak him.  What teenagers do I guess.

Have a good night.

I know what you were getting at.  Just having fun with you, i have done a lot worse, trust me but wasnt aloud to talk during football in a twisted way almost makes sense.   You were not allowed to be loud.

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought as much bud.  Dad’s old school Irish Catholic from the 1st Ward and then SB.  I know a stereotype, but he fits it.  He can tell a joke in a crowd off the cuff, can do a testimonial at the drop of a hat, and that old bird wants no talking except for him in his later years griping at the players.  If it makes you giggle Roy, like old codgers, when I watch a game with him, he either wants to fine anyone who makes a mistake, bench them, or get rid of the refs.  My answer is either silence, or yes, dad.

Fathers, what are you going to do (and yes like I hope my kids say someday is still my hero).

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

They may be doing it because some cable companies carry Nick but are not carrying CBS in dispute so this is one way to reach customers.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Pretty ridiculous.  Kids that want to watch football watch with their families. Does the NFL really think parents want to listen to Ian Eagle's son and Nate Burleson call a football game with kid friendly graphics? 

I sure that mean old Josh Allen doesn't spin the ball again in front of the competition. 

How dare he do that in front of the children who may be watching on Nickelodean!

Edited by DJB

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They may be doing it because some cable companies carry Nick but are not carrying CBS in dispute so this is one way to reach customers.

Lime, you may laugh, but had to look up on my provider as my youngest is 17 so I didn’t even know I had Nick.  I just remember them dropping goop all over kids.  Didn’t even know what they were doing as I would have my laptop open doing work and was a ah yeah, ok, good one, etc. etc.  At least it was better than the Teletubbies days. Oy.  That was like Captain Quint fingernails on the chalk board.

5 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Pretty ridiculous.  Kids that want to watch football watch with their families. Does the NFL really think parents want to listen to Ian Eagle's son and Nate Burleson call a football game with kid friendly graphics? 

There will be some kind of rating that is pulled in, based on the channel being on, in a home, and those kids being "forced" to watch football for a minute.

It's a dart at the wall. But there will be kids who love it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Lime, you may laugh, but had to look up on my provider as my youngest is 17 so I didn’t even know I had Nick.  I just remember them dropping goop all over kids.  Didn’t even know what they were doing as I would have my laptop open doing work and was a ah yeah, ok, good one, etc. etc.  At least it was better than the Teletubbies days. Oy.  That was like Captain Quint fingernails on the chalk board.

My daughter is 26 but I used to occasionally watch Nick @ Nite.

CBS is a channel listed as one you can watch online but when you try to watch game here it is not available "yet" but in meantime you can pay for CBS Access and CAN watch it.  I doubt they will be making effort costing them money.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

My throat hurts laughing so hard.  In my house, it’s called daddy juice.  Look kids, see how dad loved ginger ale. Now eat you’re vegetables.  Daddy needs a nap.

Haha. My best friends daughter (she's 3) refers to any canned drink as a "beer." We'll be playing outside and she'll go, "I want a beer!"

Edited by CLTbills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mango, can we put a terrible towel with JuJu’s characature’s head on it on the towel, for sliming while Hyde is just sliding by?  Just askin. 

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Haha. My best friends daughter (she's 3) refers to any canned drink as a "beer." We'll be playing outside and she'll go, "I want a beer!"

No honey, it’s daddy’s ginger ale.  Beer bad.  Ginger ale good.  Can I have some.  No sweetie, but here’s you’re juice box. 

• Like (+1) 1