What's Your Favorite Opposing Team Forum?

sir andrew

The week of a game, it's always been a habit of mine to go to the opposing team's message board to get a different take on the Bills before they play.  I don't go and make an account but I find it interesting just to lurk.  My question to you is which opposing team's board to enjoy going to the most and why?  I think mine is patsfans.com.  I know, they're Pats* and they suck, but a lot of the posters over there seem to have been fans before the Belichick/Brady years and know how good they have it.  Also, like TSW, it's an active board. 

I can answer this from the other side. I am up here in NE so you know who i root for, but i can say it's this site for me. You guys are very respectful to the opposing fans, majority of you guys seem really down to earth and I respect that about this fan base  and this site. I have traveled to other fan forums and some sites are run well but they are quick to ban opposing fans. Other sites their fans are down right nasty and if you even react the same way they ban you. As i said. i have a lot of respect for this site and the fans base on here, and thank you for allowing me to be here even if you do not agree with who i root for. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I can answer this from the other side. I am up here in NE so you know who i root for, but i can say it's this site for me. You guys are very respectful to the opposing fans, majority of you guys seem really down to earth and I respect that about this fan base  and this site. I have traveled to other fan forums and some sites are run well but they are quick to ban opposing fans. Other sites their fans are down right nasty and if you even react the same way they ban you. As i said. i have a lot of respect for this site and the fans base on here.

"good sh*t!!"

shut up

😁

Honestly, I try sometimes to go to other fan forums but I honestly have never seen a forum that is a clean and clear as our and makes it really hard for me to even want to look sometimes.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I generally do not visit other message boards unless someone links to them. I did go out of my way this week to go to a Steelers board because I heard they were really down on their team and I was surprised to hear that.

As far as my favorite team other than the Bills, there is a wide gulf, but I like the Colts alright and also the Saints. I liked Peyton Manning a lot, so I liked the Colts when he was there, and now they have Frank Reich.

I like the Saints a little because I like Drew Brees, but I don't particularly like Sean Peyton or anything else about them.

Every time I visit another team's message board -- every single time -- I am filled with gratitude for TBD.

Other forums are just so cluttered with ads, too many sticky'd posts, really old posts from as far back as draft day, and vast disorganization and/or inactivity.

Then you come here, and it's clean, well-managed, highly organized, and has constant new threads and participation. I'm probably being biased here, but I have yet to visit another team's forum that holds a candle to this place, and I think it's the best message board of any NFL team.

To answer the question posed, though, I guess I'd choose the JetNation forums. I can't tell how much of my enjoying that forum is due to my enjoyment of the misery of Jets fans, though.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

To answer the question posed, though, I guess I'd choose the JetNation forums. I can't tell how much of my enjoying that forum is due to my enjoyment of the misery of Jets fans, though.

I go on there every few weeks or so for a good laugh at the meltdowns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Every time I visit another team's message board -- every single time -- I am filled with gratitude for TBD.

Other forums are just so cluttered with ads, too many sticky'd posts, really old posts from as far back as draft day, and vast disorganization and/or inactivity.

Then you come here, and it's clean, well-managed, highly organized, and has constant new threads and participation. I'm probably being biased here, but I have yet to visit another team's forum that holds a candle to this place, and I think it's the best message board of any NFL team.

I agree on Jetsnation plus after actually registering there it's actually pretty close to as well structured and ad light as here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sir andrew said:

The week of a game, it's always been a habit of mine to go to the opposing team's message board to get a different take on the Bills before they play.  I don't go and make an account but I find it interesting just to lurk.  My question to you is which opposing team's board to enjoy going to the most and why?  I think mine is patsfans.com.  I know, they're Pats* and they suck, but a lot of the posters over there seem to have been fans before the Belichick/Brady years and know how good they have it.  Also, like TSW, it's an active board. 

I do the same thing. It's interesting to read both what other team's fans are saying about the Bills, and what they're saying about their own team. 

I'll add this, though, and I'm not being bias: I have never found another team's site that comes even close to the activity on this board, both in terms of insight, and shear volume. Proud to be a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 2

For research purposes, based on OP comment, I went to patsfans.com.

I saw fairly good commentary. Balanced. Not shrill.

But.. it made me appreciate SDS software choice of Invision. The presentation on this board is crisp and straight forward. The moderation can be heavy handed.

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

JetNation has some great posters - very self deprecating!!!  Lol.

But, it does suffer from the dastardly ads that you mentioned - on smartphone at least, I always get a banner ad that follows me allllll the way down the page.

• Like (+1) 1

Gang green Jets forum for these reasons:

1.  Unenforced rules regarding profanity.  A hoot to see on page one a note about bullying and profanity, which seems universally ignored.

2.  Truly delusional posters convinced Wrecks can lead them back to the Promised Land.

3.  The general tenor of a board where Rome is burning while Jets management fiddles.

• Like (+1) 1

JetNation is amazing, with a certain poster as its obvious crown jewel.  No other forum is nearly as nicely laid out as TBD though, and this is also by far the most active board I've visited.  I have no idea why, considering Buffalo is much, much smaller than any other city but GB.

• Like (+1) 1