End of the Carson Wentz Era

24 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He has no confidence in himself, no confidence in his OLine, no confidence in the receivers and no confidence in the playcalls...

Orlovsky has a video of a play where he has a perfect pocket and he never even set his feet on the dropback, he kept leaning forward and basically took off from a clean pocket, ran into pressure and then threw a ball out of bounds as he was getting hit...

It was really bad QB play...reminded me of something we would see in Josh's rookie season, but Allen was still learning how to play...Wentz has no excuses for this.

I mean, I agree.   He is playing poorly.  I think the injury has essentially ended his career.  I watch the Eagles when they are on, and beyond the bad play he literally cant get the ball to the sidelines.  He is throwing ducks.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My prediction is Big Ben retires and Wentz is traded to Pittsburgh for a mid round pick. Wentz restructures his contract and turns his career around. 

Also NE would be a contender for a trade. 

Darnold to Pittsburgh.

17 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Carson Wentz inherited the Best Offensive Line in Football. 

LT - Jason Peters 

LG - Stephen Wisniewski

C - Jason Kelce

RG - Brandon Brooks

RT - Lane Johnson

In Year 2017, his supposed "MVP" year (we now realize that was a joke, Wentz was NEVER an MVP caliber player, ever):

The LT, C, RG, and RT were ALL playing at an All-Pro level. The worst member of his OL, the LG, was playing at a near Pro Bowl level.

Let me repeat:

5 O-Linemen in 2017: 4 All-Pro performers, 1 borderline Pro Bowl performer

That is why Nick Foles outplayed Wentz and led his team to a SB - the Eagles dominating Offensive Line. It had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Carson Wentz. 

Carson Wentz has not "regressed". He was NEVER GOOD TO BEGIN WITH. The Eagles O-Line, weapons, and scheme MADE him look good. But Wentz himself has never been a good QB. Bottom line.

It took balls JAR to post this but I for one tend to agree.  Not only was his OL great the rest of the team was great.

PHI has used the "credit card" for years now and it's coming back to bite them in the ass this coming off season.

Any Gm/HC going there is in for real tough times.

My prediction is that a bunch of PHI players will want out after this year.  The Eagles will most likely end up in the NFCE basement next year.

41 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Carson Wentz inherited the Best Offensive Line in Football. 

LT - Jason Peters 

LG - Stephen Wisniewski

C - Jason Kelce

RG - Brandon Brooks

RT - Lane Johnson

In Year 2017, his supposed "MVP" year (we now realize that was a joke, Wentz was NEVER an MVP caliber player, ever):

The LT, C, RG, and RT were ALL playing at an All-Pro level. The worst member of his OL, the LG, was playing at a near Pro Bowl level.

Let me repeat:

5 O-Linemen in 2017: 4 All-Pro performers, 1 borderline Pro Bowl performer

That is why Nick Foles outplayed Wentz and led his team to a SB - the Eagles dominating Offensive Line. It had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Carson Wentz. 

Carson Wentz has not "regressed". He was NEVER GOOD TO BEGIN WITH. The Eagles O-Line, weapons, and scheme MADE him look good. But Wentz himself has never been a good QB. Bottom line.

While I agree with your sentiment to a large extent that he was never as good as the hype I don't quite buy "oh he was just never good." I think he played well in 2017. I think he got overhyped for sure but he played well. He has regressed from that point. He has gone from being an overhyped average Quarterback to a guy who this year is playing as badly as any starting Quarterback in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Said it in the other thread about Wentz.  Think he is one of the best people in the NFL.  His work outside of the NFL through his AO1 Charity is fantastic.  However, he hasnt been the same since the knee injury.  He cant drive the ball anymore.   Watching him throw an out is honestly kind of sad.     Hope he can comeback from this, but if he doesnt I know he will do more with his life outside of the game than a lot of us will ever imagine.

I can imagine a lot...😉

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Amazing that at one point people would have absolutely taken Wentz over Allen in a heartbeat. I think Wentz is done. It’s kind of unprecedented but he is just flat out bad. 

I never felt that but I remember when Wentz first came out onto the scene and at the time it looked like Philly found their franchise guy I remember just feeling so depressed that another team had found their guy and at that time it felt like the Bills were never going to get a true franchise QB.  It's crazy how fast things can change in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think Wentz would love to have the team and career path Josh has had.  Wentz came in with a bang whereas Allen has improved each year.   Wentz a second draft pick and on a winning SB teams his second year, that is world of expectations.  Allen was hotly contested with his now infamous accuracy issues.  The Eagles situation is borderline fire, HC now in jeopardy, way over the salary cap, many injuries.

Carson had Reich, now he doesn’t. Everywhere Reich goes good things happen. Wentz needs a fresh start but impossible with his cap hit.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My prediction is Big Ben retires and Wentz is traded to Pittsburgh for a mid round pick. Wentz restructures his contract and turns his career around. 

Also NE would be a contender for a trade. 

Nobody is trading for Wentz with that $34.6M cap hit in 2021, plus giving up a pick. The Eagles will have to cut him & eat the dead money.

After he's cut, then yeah I could see Pittsburgh or the Pats interested.

Steelers, Pats, Colts, Bears, Saints, & 49ers could all be looking for a new QB. Wentz, Darnold, & Winston are likely the best available and are all major reclamation projects. Who knows what'll happen.

10 minutes ago, joemac1114 said:

As usual, the QB gets all the blame when the supporting cast isn't doing their jobs. And why  is Josh doing better this year, great improvement in his supporting cast.; 

Josh Allen has a bunch of good players around him.  But he is playing like a top 5 QB in the league right now, right up there with Rodgers and Mahomes.  We have a marginal running game and the worst TE group in the league.  Josh is making all of the throws, moving in the pocket, running for first downs and eluding trouble when he has to.  He is having a tremendous year.  To say he is doing better because of great improvement in his supporting cast does not give him nearly the credit he deserves.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He has no confidence in himself, no confidence in his OLine, no confidence in the receivers and no confidence in the playcalls...

Orlovsky has a video of a play where he has a perfect pocket and he never even set his feet on the dropback, he kept leaning forward and basically took off from a clean pocket, ran into pressure and then threw a ball out of bounds as he was getting hit...

It was really bad QB play...reminded me of something we would see in Josh's rookie season, but Allen was still learning how to play...Wentz has no excuses for this.

Wentz has been fools gold for a couple of years now.  His play is sloppy and leadership skills non-existent.  Wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in 3 years

He just signed a 4yr/$128M ($107M guaranteed) extension that HASNT EVEN STARTED YET! 😳 And they are already benching him.

Philly is so screwed. There is no getting out of it.

Wentz however, can just ride this out and collect his money but without all the damage to his body. Smart move sucking so badly.

19 minutes ago, 947 said:

Nobody is trading for Wentz with that $34.6M cap hit in 2021, plus giving up a pick. The Eagles will have to cut him & eat the dead money.

His dead money next year is $60M. Tough to eat that when the cap is staying flat at best.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1