It's TJ time

jkx2

A top 5 RB would turn this offense into a unstoppable force. So many teams will be playing nickel and dime against us for the foreseeable future. I know we will never be able to find another Thurmanator but we need to try and get as close as possible. All the RB's currently on the roster cannot carry this offense if teams find a way to slow our passing attack. 

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is what everyone thought Moss was supposed to be.

He's never even getting a full head of steam it seems like.  When he does he has had the drive to create some power, but when theres a mucked up zone run outside with weakside run blitzers.  Buffalo's run games still very much a work in progress, and lack of continuity along the line has hindered it.  They checked into quite a few passes yesterday so I think thats a start as well.   

7 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

I like TJ and he should see the field more but don't give up on  Moss. That was his first fumble and running out of the end zone sometimes is a rookie not focusing on ball security. The guy is good and his performance this season has shown he is the inside running complement to Motor. 

I'm not giving up on him but in college he ran with a lot more authority and would seem to always not go down from the first hit.

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This is what everyone thought Moss was supposed to be.

And not sure he's not that guy.  With no pre-season and limited camp and a limited amount of running plays, Moss may become that guy.   Look at D Henry, first two seasons did very little, 3rd year so-so, wasn't until last year he became a real stud.

22 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

His first fumble of year. 

But he had one earlier that was overturned. They may have sat him down for a second fumble. 

They brought him back in the 4th on a 3rd and 1 that he didn't get. 

Neither RB has been too impressive but I like Moss's physicality and burst. I wouldn't want them to give up on him this year. Next year RB is something Beane can address. 

• Like (+1) 2

Up until last night's fumble -- the first of his pro career -- Moss had arguably been the Bills best runner the past few weeks.

He spent most of the rest of the game sitting in timeout. That's enough punishment. Players fumble. It happens.

Moss will be back and hammering it up the middle in no time.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jkx2 said:

I'm not giving up on him but in college he ran with a lot more authority and would seem to always not go down from the first hit.

Against the Chargers, he had several big runs and saved the game when Motor fumbled and let LA back in the game. All things considered, he should be given enough touches to keep him developing. He also blocks better than Motor. 

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

I was really high on Zack Moss being a Utah Alum and watched him alot but I'm not seeing the fire and he's also not that change up from Devin you'd like to see. I'd love to see Yeldon actived to see what he still can do. I'd like to have that bigger back to give usa good 1-2 pinch. Also he would have a fresh pair of legs and probably ready to go.

I never thought I’d say I trust a Bills coaching staff, but I trust this one. I haven’t always agreed with everything, but I trust they understand their roster. Yeldon can’t be doing anything special in practice, or I’d assume they’d give him a chance. There isn’t anything special about Yeldon, it’s just a case of the guy on the bench being the popular one. 

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have wanted Yeldon active every week that he’s been here

Same with me.  It's a shame he can't get active because of the Special Teams thing with Jones.

Yeldon definitely could be a "change up" and it would be nice if he got a handful of snaps every game.

The term throwing the baby out with the bath water comes to mind when reading the OP.

We all watched what happened. It's the first time I've witnessed Moss make an error like that. He paid dearly for it in playing time.

I imagine it will be a lesson learned. Moss will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkx2 said:

I was really high on Zack Moss being a Utah Alum and watched him alot but I'm not seeing the fire and he's also not that change up from Devin you'd like to see. I'd love to see Yeldon actived to see what he still can do. I'd like to have that bigger back to give usa good 1-2 pinch. Also he would have a fresh pair of legs and probably ready to go.

Yes, we should trade for TJ Watt next year:wub: