It's TJ time

jkx2

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

I was glad they sat him last night, and wouldn't have minded if he didn't come back in at all. He made an inexcusable mistake, but I think he's paid his price. 

I'm higher on Singletary than most, I think, and was glad to have him last night. 

Neither one is elite and Bills need them both. Singletary seems to have better hands and is slippery in space but he's slow as *****. Moss has nice burst and is physical but he's not elusive and doesn't have great hands. No complaints about either one--they are what they are--but Bills need them both. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

A top 5 RB would turn this offense into a unstoppable force. So many teams will be playing nickel and dime against us for the foreseeable future. I know we will never be able to find another Thurmanator but we need to try and get as close as possible. All the RB's currently on the roster cannot carry this offense if teams find a way to slow our passing attack. 

This is exactly why I'm jumping on the Draft Travis Etienne bandwagon. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

His first fumble of year. May have dug a deeper hole as camera seemed to show him explaining how he fumbled. Coaches might have wanted him to just own it? He will bounce back and I don’t see him being benched for long time. 

I mean maybe but I doubt it there's something to be said for not letting one mistake get in your head and the punishment was to reinforce how important it is not to do it and it still works.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

After a win, this looks like good coaching. Credit to McD for this. Culturally, they are not a team that gives up on a guy long term unless they just decide a guy is a cancer--I'm sure he's getting support this week and I bet he plays with fire vs Steelers. Moss has been valuable.

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TN Bills Fan said:

Yeldon has little more speed than either Moss or Singletary.  You saw Singletary have a wide open edge last night and he got closed on quickly only making a couple yards.  Yeldon may add something they don't have at that position.

Yup...the speed difference between the 49ers RB’s compared to Buffalo’s was night and day...the Bills are desperately missing that type of athleticism at the position imo...it puts a lot of pressure on Allen to have to play “lights out” every game...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

I've honestly liked Yeldon every time we've given him playing time, but Singletary and Moss are starting to run better behind this OL, and Moss was earning more and more reps with how hard he hits holes and being a bit more reliable in the passing game, before that fumble.  

Both RB's have shown improved ability in pass pro.  Moss had a phenomenal block a week or two ago and Singletary had a filthy block last night that led to a big play.  

And both are very capable receivers.  

• Like (+1) 1

pretty simple. look at the active depth chart from the game. Yeldon doesn't play special teams. It's fairly obvious, and it's an enraging head scratcher. 

Our two backs are backups at best. Neither one is elite. They're both slow as hell. Singletary has nice hands out of the backfield, but the guy is slow as ######ed molasses. 

Moss runs like he's got cinderblocks for feet, and our Oline for some reason refuses to run block effectively. 

I'd make yeldon active, unless they're "saving him" for the playoffs? IDK, it's an odd move, but special teams is the 3rd phase. 3m$ pine rider. amazing job. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeldon will always be a head scratcher, especially when you see players like Mckissic in Washington. When things are clogged and just not working having that receiving back is pretty huge. Moss and motor seem to do ok but it was quite scary when they both went down in the first quarter and we only had Taiwan left. 

Don’t you remember when Yeldon fumbled in that preseason game a couple years ago?  He’s still in the doghouse for that, apparently.

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup...the speed difference between the 49ers RB’s compared to Buffalo’s was night and day...the Bills are desperately missing that type of athleticism at the position imo...it puts a lot of pressure on Allen to play “lights out” every game...

I saw Singletary run hard, block well, catch well. He’s coming on and I expect more in weeks to come. For sure not breakaway guy. But getting job done. 

7 hours ago, jkx2 said:

I was really high on Zack Moss being a Utah Alum and watched him alot but I'm not seeing the fire and he's also not that change up from Devin you'd like to see. I'd love to see Yeldon actived to see what he still can do. I'd like to have that bigger back to give usa good 1-2 pinch. Also he would have a fresh pair of legs and probably ready to go.

I would money on Yeldon being active this week. I think the staff may have lost confidence in Moss. That fumble in the endzone was brutal in terms of showing real Rookie nerves— not sure he is ready for prime time.