Week 12 Post Game thread Bills vs Chargers

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I wouldn't.  That was a very weird game, and I imagine a Bills-Titans playoff game would about 3 point line -- more or less a coin flip.

Most fans would have a better handle on the NFL if they thought in terms of probabilities instead of obviously wrong heuristics like "The better team always wins."  In the NFL, the gap between teams isn't that large, and there are hardly any games that are truly locks one way or the other.  

agreed re the Titans. I would love to play those guys again. That earlier game was a bit of a fluke, and it got away from us. 

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed re the Titans. I would love to play those guys again. That earlier game was a bit of a fluke, and it got away from us. 

I think the team would love to play them again.  As that game was ending I thought all their actions were just good bulletin board material.  

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If they started today we would get the Browns. The Titans win has them as the #3 as we drop to #4. Cleveland is the top WC team. Of course things will probably change over the next 5 weeks. The AFC is strong this year. KC, PITT, CLE, BAL (when healthy), TEN, INDY. Whoever the Bills get on WC weekend (assuming they take care of business the final 5 weeks) they will have their hands full.

And they will be much more battle tested than last years squad that hadn’t dealt with more than the occasional solid team. Before the season plenty of people around here saw this schedule on paper and said the bills could go 10-6 again and be a better more prepared playoff squad. That’s holding to be true. People are moaning and complaining about not having a shot in the playoffs when I don’t even think it’s debatable that this years 8-3 is much more impressive and has a better foundation than last years 8-3 start. 

having your hands full in the playoffs is nothing new. I don’t understand all the p***ing and moaning today. We all KNOW the offense can perform. Especially in the 4th quarter. Yesterday was anomalous.  We needed to see the d step up against a good offense.  The O completely imploded in the 4th quarter and we STILL won by ten because the defense shut down a top ten offense. I came away encouraged by that. People need to get ahold of themselves. 

And btw I agree about the browns. That’s a bad matchup for us. But very winnable. The Browns are a team that’s played nobody and basically beaten nobody. They have a very similar feel to last years bills squad IMO. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, r00tabaga said:

How you don’t see it says more about you than it does anything else. He is our defensive MVP thru 11 games.

Hands down.

I'm not even going to argue about the DMVP ...as the entire defense has been mixed and up and down. Poyer has moments, but he's inconsistant. 

6 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

@Stank_Nasty Living in PA and received the Browns game from my wonderful CBS affiliate.  Browns running game is no joke.  Baker is not playing consistently though and missed several wide open receivers.  As for their D, Mike Glennon of the Jags, last start in 2017 or so, was dropping dimes on them all over the field.  

I live in Waterford Pa so I got it as well but found a bills stream. I fully understand the browns run game. Watched them plenty this year. Its easily the best backfield in the nfl and probably a top 5 O-line.  As I already stated, it’s not a great matchup for us but a very winnable game because of that defense you just talked about and the fact that I don’t think anyone thinks Mayfield is gonna be able to throw them to a win against an actual playoff team. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

If the playoffs started today the bills have 3 wins over 3 teams that would be in. Rams, Seahawks and fins. 

Heading into this week the bills had played 7 teams with winning records. Steelers have played 3. what schedule would you argue better preps a team for a playoff run? 

you’re looking really foolish here, my man. 

Not really. The dolphins aren't that good and don't belong in the playoffs. The Rams are wildly inconsistent and just lost to the 49ers. Seattle is really the only legit playoff team we've beaten. I think any unbiased football fan would agree that the Steelers (KC too) are much better than the Bills regardless of their schedule. You are foolish to suggest otherwise. 

Edited by newcam2012

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea any given Sunday... just think the Titans are a better team who know how to play complete games from start to finish. 

This is so true. Look at the Raiders. They beat the Chiefs the 1st time and then gave them a really good game the 2nd time. Yesterday they get their asses kicked by a bad Falcons team 43-6. I guess the bandwagon on the Gruden/Raiders  will get lighter this week.

Edited by Greg S

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Come on man, this stuff still? They’ve played 11 games and have won 8 of them-you don’t get to that point by beating only terrible teams. You’re nitpicking the Bills and using the other teams to fit your narrative. I could easily switch around the narrative foe their losses-for the Tennessee game there was so much uncertainty including game planning for 2 teams, the weather was bad for the KC game, lucky catch on a Hail Mary to lose to Arizona, etc....I mean you’re worried about getting blown out by Pittsburgh-they have some close wins against bad teams this year! 

the point is every team has had some pretty suspect games this year, that being said you don’t get to 8-3 by only beating cream puffs-this isn’t college football 

Fair point. I'm not saying the Bills aren't a good football team. I do give them credit for being 8-3. I believe we will win the first round playoff game this year. What I'm saying is the Bills aren't  super bowl material! Not this year. Also, we will have our hands full with other teams like Tenn and Indy. Is it a successful season if we win one playoff game and lose the next? Perhaps, this fan is starving for that ring!

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I hear what you are saying. I strongly disagree. Come playoff time it's a different animal vs the regular season. The Bills will get destroyed by the Chiefs and lose by double digits to Pitts. We just aren't in their league. Our defense isn't good enough and our offense tends to under perform vs good teams. Additionally, you talk about strength of schedule. What strong teams have the Bills beat? 

We have played a very tough schedule, and battled with injuries, and had several schedule issues related to Covid.  

Our  defense held SD to 17 points, prior to that they we averaging 27.   Milano coming back next week.  

You could not be more off the mark.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is he referring to when he says "First one"?

Also - disappointed McKittrick not rocking his usual post-game underwear look

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Greg S said:

This is so true. Look at the Raiders. They beat the Chiefs the 1st time and then gave them a really good game the 2nd time. Yesterday they get their asses kicked by a bad Falcons team 43-6. I guess the bandwagon on the Gruden/Raiders  will get lighter this week.

Should cool off the GMFB crew who were uber hyping them last week.

12 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree on Allen.  He was having a brutally efficient game in piloting the Bills to a 24 - 6 lead half way through the 3rd quarter. He was completing 75% of his passes had one TD pass and one TD run.  And hadn't made a mistake.  On their first TD drive Allen's well placed deep ball drew a PI that set up the Bills at 1st & goal. 

At this point Allen was playing at an A level.  Then Singleterry loses that fumble and the bottom drops out on Allen for the next two series with a careless INT and fumble.  But for most of the game Allen played very well. The Bills approached this game differently and it was working until all the weird stuff happened in the 4th quarter.

thing is, as good as Allen was playing it wasn’t good enough at the end 

against a better team we probably lose that game with 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter and everyone blames Allen for his mistakes 

he’s got to play much better than that. He’s far too inconsistent right now 

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

We have played a very tough schedule, and battled with injuries, and had several schedule issues related to Covid.  

Our  defense held SD to 17 points, prior to that they we averaging 27.   Milano coming back next week.  

You could not be more off the mark.  

I don't think my view is that far off. Our defense has been sub par. It is worrisome. We really haven't stopped the run all year and our pass rush is improving but still a concern. I believe this team has to win with Allen carrying the team. This year our defense is more a liability than an asset.

41 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Not really. The dolphins aren't that good and don't belong in the playoffs. The Rams are wildly inconsistent and just lost to the 49ers. Seattle is really the only legit playoff team we've beaten. I think any unbiased football fan would agree that the Steelers (KC too) are much better than the Bills regardless of their schedule. You are foolish to suggest otherwise. 

The rams are a legit playoff team and will be there. The fins have a top 5 defense and will probably be in the playoffs. Stop dancing around solid points. 

the chiefs are much better than everyone. The steelers? Very good team. 10-0 because of the weakest statistical schedule coming into this week. 

i love how you bash your own teams schedule to make a point but totally disregard it to prove another point about Pitt. That basically shows your hand. 

EDIT: Fins have a top 5 d in points allowed. Not overall. So i should say a good defense, not a top 5 unit though. 

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think my view is that far off. Our defense has been sub par. It is worrisome. We really haven't stopped the run all year and our pass rush is improving but still a concern. I believe this team has to win with Allen carrying the team. This year our defense is more a liability than an asset.

Except that’s literally the opposite of what happened yesterday. The defense came out and shut down a top ten offense. So maybe let’s wait and see on that assertion. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I realize this.  That’s why you should stop smoking bad crack.

yeah, he’s taken a few bad angles. Just like Pat Mahomes has thrown some bad passes.  Just like jalen Ramsey has gotten beat.  Everyone makes mistakes.  Your crack just amplifies the sensation. Poyer has been very good this year, regardless of what you’ve seen

Amen. He’s top 3-5 in basically every major stat amongst safeties. True utility player. 

it’s too bad it’s the guys like Jamal adams getting all the hype because they blow up a teams rb or TE for a sack once a game. Does that guy even TRY to cover anymore? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

thing is, as good as Allen was playing it wasn’t good enough at the end 

against a better team we probably lose that game with 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter and everyone blames Allen for his mistakes 

he’s got to play much better than that. He’s far too inconsistent right now 

Another less than amazing take.

Thank you for your contributions here.

well done

INT was bc his arm got hit. Every QB throws picks. Rodgers, Mr Ketchup, Herbert, you name it.

His snap/fumble was a product of him being a gamer and not wanting to give up on that play. Herbert made a play on his snap/fumble and it was part of the highlight pkg on ESPN.

Josh is not wildly inconsistent. He’s the 3rd best QB in AFC and now we have a franchise guy...a leader.... and ur not happy 👎

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This is 100% true, but it's also true for the entire team. 

For years now, the whole "Bills should have an advantage in bad weather," reputation hasn't applied. It seems to help opposing teams more than it helps us. We tend to squeak by with wins against the bad teams in those conditions, but good teams often make less mistakes and turn the ball over less. 

Every time I see our offense in an indoor venue, I feel much safer. Then I imagine if that was our home field + our fans, and I can't help but dream of a nice, indoor Bills stadium in the future 😁

Hoping they do move next weeks game to Arizona!