Murray's 2 running TD's tells it all!

LB48

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

It's all pretty discouraging.

Are you sure Addison wasn’t there for a couple of those fakes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yeah, so every other coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, too. How about, he’s freaky quick, fast and shifty and like Lamar last year, it takes some adjustment. 

I wonder about the complainers. Are they perfect in their jobs 100% of the time? I’m thinking probably not, but it doesn’t happen on national TV. The NFL is a tough business. We are getting better year over year. I’m not freaking out over a last second loss to a good team on the road, on maybe the best individual play of the entire season. 

We certainly have places we need to improve (even McD will tell you that about himself), but I like the big picture.  It still hurts, but I can get over it. 

Of course you can get over it.  We have an awesome exciting QB who can make plays all over the field w his legs and his arm.  And our WR's are awesome too.  But the defense is pretty much lousy most of the time.  They are terrible up the middle at DT and LB.  Teams just gash us week after week against the run.  Did you watch the Vikings and Bears tonite?  Sure their offenses, especially Chicago's are on life support.  But their front 7 make plays and stuff the run.  We look absolutely lost on D.  And the worst guy out there has to be Trent Murphy.  Dam he is slow and has no explosion off the edge.  It will be a scrap to make the playoffs and win our division.  But Josh is a gamer.  And the boy can play in the clutch bigtime.  And our kicker has a cannon.   Put Knox's ass on the waiver wire and lets go put some points on the board.!! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Yeah, so every other coaching staff is a bunch of idiots, too. How about, he’s freaky quick, fast and shifty and like Lamar last year, it takes some adjustment. 

I wonder about the complainers. Are they perfect in their jobs 100% of the time? I’m thinking probably not, but it doesn’t happen on national TV. The NFL is a tough business. We are getting better year over year. I’m not freaking out over a last second loss to a good team on the road, on maybe the best individual play of the entire season. 

We certainly have places we need to improve (even McD will tell you that about himself), but I like the big picture.  It still hurts, but I can get over it. 

That second fake for the TD was vs. Addison I believe, and both he and Hughes were left on an island with two players to defend. Either the RB has a clear inside gap to take it to the house or you ignore the RB and take Murray. I would prefer they just hit Murray either way if it is 50/50, but the Bills may want to take a look at that "stacked" defensive line formation the zona used to nullify our run game.

They at least need to have someone attack that gap/RB between our wide DE and the DT, leaving Murray to the DE, but we wont see another QB like that for a while, but some lessons to take away from this game.

Peterson played more like a FS than a DB often coming off his man or zone to undercut Allen's passes. He is a savvy player who noted that we would run a receiver shallow, then a deep post from the other side of the field over top to beat their zone. He came off his shallow zone and faded back watching Allen's eyes and made the pick. 

By the time Allen got that pass off it was too late. Our team is decimated by injuries, yet did enough to win, but in the end their Hail Mary gambit worked.

You are right. It happens, and our team gets a well-deserved bye to heal and think about what they can improve.

Edited by WideNine

It's not the first time Murray made opposing defenses look silly.  On the bright side the most mobile QB we face the rest of the year is Cam Newton.  If you asked me two and a half weeks ago if you'd go 1-1 against Wilson/Murray I would've taken it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It's not the first time Murray made opposing defenses look silly.  On the bright side the most mobile QB we face the rest of the year is Cam Newton.  If you asked me two and a half weeks ago if you'd go 1-1 against Wilson/Murray I would've taken it.

Exactly. I've seen Murray make opposing defenses look silly quite a few times this year. The kid can scoot, but it may also be what makes his career short lived, ala Robert Griffin.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LB48 said:

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

What it mostly tells is that Murray, who has 10 rushing TDs already, is really really good.

Ain't like we're the only team that couldn't hold him down. Nobody has managed it. The D in fact played quite well right up until that last play.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, LB48 said:

Not a complainer - a realist.  With this defensive talent all over the field the big picture may be sad and frustrating.

this is the line used by every complainer on a bills message board for the last 15 years or so.  well done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Exactly. I've seen Murray make opposing defenses look silly quite a few times this year. The kid can scoot, but it may also be what makes his career short lived, ala Robert Griffin.

Difference is Murray doesn’t openly take hits like Robert Griffin.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Are you sure Addison wasn’t there for a couple of those fakes?

It absolutely was Addison. 

However, we also don't know how they are coached. Addisons responsibility could have been all game to take RB when those plays come and the LB should be over lapping and playing QB (typical way to defend). Ideally, you want the DE to slow play it and take the RB last second giving the LB time to come and play the QB. I'd like to see how abused Edmonds was on those plays.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Coaching hasn't really provided any adjustments and has looked largely out foxed. We don't have Shaq or Jordan even with injuries they've played well. It says something to McDermott and his process and lack of progress as a Coach.

And yet "somehow" the Bills are 7-3.  Largely outfoxed at every turn.......sheesh

11 hours ago, LB48 said:

See that weakness in our defense? Kyler runs that play 75 times a game anyway. Doesn't matter who the defense is. He got lucky twice by players being too aggressive 

12 hours ago, ColeB said:

Also, what the heck happens at halftime that they play so poorly in the 3rd Qtr?   I don’t know how much of anything can be done in 12 minutes, which includes the walks to and from the locker room.  Do the players take a 5 minute nap, then come out groggy?

Obviously, if the coaches are making adjustments, they’ve determined them before getting into the locker room.  Not much time to draw it up.  

They are playing so bad in the 3rd qtr that I wouldn't even go into the tunnel. Just keep the team on the sidelines and play Hacky Sack for 12 min. 

Once is annoying but understandable, the second one should not have been allowed to happen. 
We used Smoke on the same play we got good yards from the previous game. It worked again the first time we used it. It didn’t work again and I think we tried it twice more.

That’s what is supposed to happen.

13 hours ago, LB48 said:

Wasn't hughes it was Addison

I thought they gushed over JJ Watt and Watson in last year's wildcard. But wow, the Kyle Murray love fest takes it to another level.

Just for fun, let's take a look at pro sports when they were first created. Football had a stats line for deaths. Naismith first basketball game ended in a free for all battle royal landing everyone in the hospital. Ty Cobb knifed his own teammates. It was tough because if you lost, you got drafted in a horrible war where you had to charge a machine gun nest with a stick. Things calm down. When others make it easy enough, everyone props up some rich kid spoiled midget. He becomes a millionaire and a movie star and is still unhappy. This is what my money buys. It's downright insulting. If it was a few decades ago, he would have be brained and dying in a coma.

I think about what would be the equivalent today. Doesn't matter who you are. If you mess up, people die and we're going to kill you. No one's going to help you, let alone bail you out. The operating room, preventing a nuclear meltdown, mining an asteroid, really shows you what matters.

14 hours ago, LB48 said:

He's rushed for 10 TD's in 9 games. Our Defense isn't alone. At this logic, Every defense he's played sucks👌