Who is your favorite back up Bills player of all time?

8 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Yep - Best back up QB in NFL history

Not so sure about that.  Most people forget that the 17-0 Fish had a backup quarterback (Earl Morall) playing for most of the season because Griese was hurt.

Edited by Dan Darragh
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll give 2 because my favorite did become a pro bowl starter. Pat Williams was a backup for his 1st 4 years. They called it "The Package" when he and Ted Washington would line up on the same DL. Talk about immovable. 

Since Williams did become a starter later in his career I would go with Frank Reich. I mean it's hard to pick anyone else. 

Obviously Frank Reich should be #1... I thought that Coy Wire was a solid special teams player while he was here, filled in pretty well when he had to... Wyatt Teller seems to be making a name for himself in Cleveland... Jabari Greer was a backup throughout most of his time here... went on to win a Super Bowl with the Saints... Kyle Orton came here as a backup and won the starting job... mediocre QB but the best we’ve had in a while up to that point... John DiGiorgio was a backup here through most of his time here but had one really good season as a starter... Arthur Moats is also another backup guy who had a few nice seasons as a starter.. I’m sure there’s others I’m forgetting...

• Like (+1) 1