Best single play in Bills history

stevestojan

Honestly I have to give it to the OP. I’ve been watching games for 35 years, and that play is the first time I leapt from my chair and screamed “THAT IS MY QUARTERBACK”. I’ve never seen that kind of effort, attitude, athleticism, and strength. It was the moment that most of America learned why Josh Allen has the ultimate respect of his teammates.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Honestly I have to give it to the OP. I’ve been watching games for 35 years, and that play is the first time I leapt from my chair and screamed “THAT IS MY QUARTERBACK”. I’ve never seen that kind of effort, attitude, athleticism, and strength. It was the moment that most of America learned why Josh Allen has the ultimate respect of his teammates.

I was standing in the living room at my now in laws house and they watched me lose my mind then go back to making gravy.  

19 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Jim Kelly's dive into end zone vs Miami 1989. It really began the era of consistently winning. My buddy and I traveled to that game in that end zone surrounded by the Buffalo Jill's cheerleaders who traveled to game to cheer from stands. One of the great plays and days of my life! 😀

mine as well.  

I have already said for me it’s the Stratton hit. But I can give you a few more:

1.  OJ’s run to break 2000 yards

2.  Cribs run to win the 1980 season opener against the Fish, finally ending the streak

3.  The Hail May to Hooks

4.  Butch Byrd punt return in the 65 championship game

5.  Reich’s last TD pass to Andre in the comeback game

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

For me it’s Kelly’s TD to Lofton in this same game, on a broken play where the snap was fumbled, Kelly’s helmet slips down obstructing his view, and the Raiders are about to sack him—instead this happens:

Damn.....the stadium that day. 

11 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I've never jumped higher.

5 hours ago, McBean said:

Dalton to Boyd. 

No doubt it's number 1.

Took a 20 year dark cloud off this organization. I about cried.

I'm tearing up just watching it again.

Oh and go find us some linebackers please!

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’m sitting here with a IIPA, watching the full 2019 Thanksgiving game on YouTube (because I had to watch something other than the news). 

The Josh Allen run on 4th and 1 was incredible. So it made me think, what is, in your opinion, the greatest single play in Bills history? 

I’m guessing many will answer plays from the comeback game. 

Jim Kelly QB draw for a TD in Miami as the clock hit zero for the W.  Nobody expected it.

Greatest special teams play was the onside kick recovery in the comeback game against Houston.

Edited by Azucho98
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, stevewin said:

Funny - my favorite/most memorable play was the catch Hooks made before the TD.   We were in the EZ behind the play - it's burned in my memory the view of Fergie letting it go down the middle of the field then...OMG Hooks flying through the air and hauling it in.  OMG.  I think it was the greatest sports play I have ever seen live.  Just incredible.  

We we were seated same end zone, other corner.

i had a small radio listening to van and herd the plays on the radio.  I said #$&@ wejust won.

18 hours ago, Beast said:

It was worse for me. I was in the parking lot of the stadium with my Dad. We left early only to hear the roar of the crowd....ran to our car to hear the aftermath.

I was walking and had this lityke transitory radio fir am/fm thst I had on listing. So I heard van call the game.

since I was forced to leave early. I stay till the end.

I went to the 1990 championship game agsainst the raiders.

early 90s I shared season tickets with someone I knew.  I had tix to 3 or 4 games depending on the schedule.  

9 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

that is the one

Thst was play one of the group i mentioned previously.

you thrn had Lenora smith pick 6 thrn elway fumble

starting around 1430

22 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Jim Kelly's dive into end zone vs Miami 1989. It really began the era of consistently winning. My buddy and I traveled to that game in that end zone surrounded by the Buffalo Jill's cheerleaders who traveled to game to cheer from stands. One of the great plays and days of my life! 😀

Good thing I scrolled down to see this response.  The comeback game and  the Beebe/Lett fumble arte high among others but the Kelly TD is #1 in my book.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2020 at 6:06 PM, PonyBoy said:

The talking “action figure” collectible Kelly that I have currently sitting in my office at work has Kelly’s recorded voice recalling this very play—every so often I’ll blare it for the benefit of everyone else down the hall...just to keep it real ya know? :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1