Jump to content
TheBeaneBandit

Q Williams practically begging the Bills to trade for him....

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Since its official he's being shopped I'd be shocked if beane isn't all over this.  Phillips and a 3rd...still on rookie deal and a position of need.  

 

I don't see the Jets trading him to the Bills but a 3rd is a high price for a guy who has sucked most of the year until last weekend. 

 

And Phillips was not playing at a high level pre-injury--he has no value post injury...he's been a healthy scratch!  I hope he recovers and plays great but in a trade, he's zero added value. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mango said:

 

I have not spent much time with this trade because I doubt the Jets move him in the division without a major price tag. But if they were to do something like this, 2020 would be the year to do it. We barely have college football and grading prospects will be much more of a guessing game than years prior. Probably safer and possibly more beneficial than in years past. 

 

Absolutely concur. I just would prefer it be another area of weakness than the line.

I'm a huge advocate of building the team from the lines out, so it pains me to say that. But a DT is not going to help us win past this year, and I'm not convinced is even top three in our needs if we're going for a win-now requirement.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timekills17 said:

 

Absolutely concur. I just would prefer it be another area of weakness than the line.

I'm a huge advocate of building the team from the lines out, so it pains me to say that. But a DT is not going to help us win past this year, and I'm not convinced is even top three in our needs if we're going for a win-now requirement.

 

What are your greatest needs then?

I get OL, but pass protection has been pretty good, just not run blocking.

CB depth is a major need, but I think the secondary has had major issues because the pass rush never gets there and the safeties have been creeping up to help in run support. Getting an upgrade at DT I think helps Hughes, Addison, Oliver, Edmunds, and our secondary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not happening per Rich Cimini:

 

 

It never did make sense from a Jets perspective, but like John Lennon, I'm a dreamer lol

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mango said:

 

What are your greatest needs then?

I get OL, but pass protection has been pretty good, just not run blocking.

CB depth is a major need, but I think the secondary has had major issues because the pass rush never gets there and the safeties have been creeping up to help in run support. Getting an upgrade at DT I think helps Hughes, Addison, Oliver, Edmunds, and our secondary. 

 

1) Win now, and aid for next couple years? SLB or coverage/rush LB (if we have better at either, we can make up for some weakness at the other).

2) Win now and have trade potential next year? OG. Not as big an immediate need as a *good* 1TDT I'll admit, but the defense is more about playing the offense they face each week while a good offense always gives you a chance to win. Additionally, good OL are always an easy trade bait, moreso than DTs (unless they're top 2/3.)

3) Before last week I'd say a zone CB with speed, even if zone wasn't his forte. We'll see where the Bills stand in the next couple weeks on that front. The only reason I'm not still there is our coaches have shown an ability to get young DBs to play to an acceptable level.

 - So given that, I'd go with a potential upgrade at TE. Even E. Ebron (who I believe has been over-rated ever since we thought the Bills might draft him) but would be a good one-year/this season addition for low long term cost/impact.

 

Again - just concerned with putting so much money...MORE money...into a position that I'm not convinced is actually a long-term need but will become a long-term cost.

If we have to go D-line, edge/rusher is my preference over DT, especially 1TDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 4:04 PM, TheProcess said:

Right. Certainly not giving any deals to us. 

 

 

No, we would include pie.  It is autumn, who the F*** would turn down pie in a deal?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, Dopey said:

Give a 2nd this year

3rd and 5th next year

I’d rather see the Bills give next year’s 2nd rder, a progressive 2022 4th rder and throw in Horrible Harry. Nice guy but the window for the Bills is now, time to go cutthroat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets DL traded.......................Not Q

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Jets DL traded.......................Not Q

 

he gets to play the Bills 3x this season, then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he gets to play the Bills 3x this season, then!

He gets to lose to the Bills 3x this season! 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

He gets to lose to the Bills 3x this season! 

With how our defense is the 49ers are going to maul us and leave us for dead with the run game.

Edited by Sharky7337

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But wait, what kind of car does @DDCC drive?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you get that reference you’re a TSW OG 🤪

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Q Williams hasn't impressed in NY. Do you think he will suddenly turn it around here? I'm not sure about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

With how our defense is the 49ers are going to maul us and leave us for dead with the run game.

 

 

I hate the fact that I am considering what you are saying Sharky...but I truly do have to consider what you are saying.

 

Come on, Bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But wait, what kind of car does @DDCC drive?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you get that reference you’re a TSW OG 🤪


Who could forget Skoob! He once shook hands with Mike Sheppard and drove a BMW, so he obviously had the goods!!!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:


Who could forget Skoob! He once shook hands with Mike Sheppard and drove a BMW, so he obviously had the goods!!!

I couldn’t remember his name to save my life!   Ooooh how I harken back to the days when the value of your posts was determined by the car you drive and not just how much crap you could make up.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Q Williams hasn't impressed in NY. Do you think he will suddenly turn it around here? I'm not sure about that.

Jerry Hughes says hey.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 4:48 PM, ColoradoBills said:

 

 

 

 

So the DD in your user name is Dunkirk Don.  Refresh my memory what the CC stands for.

Dunkirk Don Carbon Copy? Too obvious?

Edited by Thunderstruck
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...