Q Williams practically begging the Bills to trade for him....

39 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Since its official he's being shopped I'd be shocked if beane isn't all over this.  Phillips and a 3rd...still on rookie deal and a position of need.  

I don't see the Jets trading him to the Bills but a 3rd is a high price for a guy who has sucked most of the year until last weekend. 

And Phillips was not playing at a high level pre-injury--he has no value post injury...he's been a healthy scratch!  I hope he recovers and plays great but in a trade, he's zero added value. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have not spent much time with this trade because I doubt the Jets move him in the division without a major price tag. But if they were to do something like this, 2020 would be the year to do it. We barely have college football and grading prospects will be much more of a guessing game than years prior. Probably safer and possibly more beneficial than in years past. 

Absolutely concur. I just would prefer it be another area of weakness than the line.

I'm a huge advocate of building the team from the lines out, so it pains me to say that. But a DT is not going to help us win past this year, and I'm not convinced is even top three in our needs if we're going for a win-now requirement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, timekills17 said:

Absolutely concur. I just would prefer it be another area of weakness than the line.

I'm a huge advocate of building the team from the lines out, so it pains me to say that. But a DT is not going to help us win past this year, and I'm not convinced is even top three in our needs if we're going for a win-now requirement.

What are your greatest needs then?

I get OL, but pass protection has been pretty good, just not run blocking.

CB depth is a major need, but I think the secondary has had major issues because the pass rush never gets there and the safeties have been creeping up to help in run support. Getting an upgrade at DT I think helps Hughes, Addison, Oliver, Edmunds, and our secondary. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

What are your greatest needs then?

I get OL, but pass protection has been pretty good, just not run blocking.

CB depth is a major need, but I think the secondary has had major issues because the pass rush never gets there and the safeties have been creeping up to help in run support. Getting an upgrade at DT I think helps Hughes, Addison, Oliver, Edmunds, and our secondary. 

1) Win now, and aid for next couple years? SLB or coverage/rush LB (if we have better at either, we can make up for some weakness at the other).

2) Win now and have trade potential next year? OG. Not as big an immediate need as a *good* 1TDT I'll admit, but the defense is more about playing the offense they face each week while a good offense always gives you a chance to win. Additionally, good OL are always an easy trade bait, moreso than DTs (unless they're top 2/3.)

3) Before last week I'd say a zone CB with speed, even if zone wasn't his forte. We'll see where the Bills stand in the next couple weeks on that front. The only reason I'm not still there is our coaches have shown an ability to get young DBs to play to an acceptable level.

- So given that, I'd go with a potential upgrade at TE. Even E. Ebron (who I believe has been over-rated ever since we thought the Bills might draft him) but would be a good one-year/this season addition for low long term cost/impact.

Again - just concerned with putting so much money...MORE money...into a position that I'm not convinced is actually a long-term need but will become a long-term cost.

If we have to go D-line, edge/rusher is my preference over DT, especially 1TDT.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, Dopey said:

Give a 2nd this year

3rd and 5th next year

I’d rather see the Bills give next year’s 2nd rder, a progressive 2022 4th rder and throw in Horrible Harry. Nice guy but the window for the Bills is now, time to go cutthroat.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Who could forget Skoob! He once shook hands with Mike Sheppard and drove a BMW, so he obviously had the goods!!!

I couldn’t remember his name to save my life!   Ooooh how I harken back to the days when the value of your posts was determined by the car you drive and not just how much crap you could make up.