Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Is there any chance still this game could be cancelled?

Two schools of thought:

yes, if more positive tests with more exposures on the Titans, cancel

vs.

no, the NFL is determined to play this game and will shift their criteria as needed to ensure it happens

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And now for something completely different...

The Sabres pulled a coup tonight signing Taylor Hall, the consensus top free agent in the NHL. They were the last team anyone expected to sign him. They were the last team Hall was expected to join because he said he was looking to play for a winner.

But apparently to things attracted him. 1) Playing with Jack Eichel, and 2) Playing for head coach Ralph Krueger again. He played for RK in Edmonton and he was his favorite coach.

It was an incredible move by new GM Kevyn Adams, who just this morning Mike Harrington in the Middle Need declared was D.O.A. based on day one of free agency, were he basically signed a couple depth players, while letting 2 players Jason Botterill traded for just walk out the door for nothing. A real mic drop moment.

Let's hope Kevyn Adams pulled a Brandon Beane and got his Diggs for his Allen.

Here's hoping

Saberspace.  Down the hall, 3rd door on the right

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Two schools of thought:

yes, if more positive tests with more exposures on the Titans, cancel

vs.

no, the NFL is determined to play this game and will shift their criteria as needed to ensure it happens

Saberspace.  Down the hall, 3rd door on the right

Yes I know. But there are some folks here who love the Bills but don't follow hockey or the Sabres, or if they do only heard the Sabres stink. This is a big moment.

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Easy option was to  build into the schedule two bye weeks with no games scheduled. Then a week 18 if necessary. NFL messed up.

I find it staggering that they did not have a proper contingency plan in place.

Goodell - as useful as a fishnet condom!

Forgive me if this was covered earlier. I don't have time to check.

I'm not one who buys into too many conspiracy theories, but isn't it a bit too convenient that the Patriots keep getting their games postponed, when the thing they need most right now is time to get their starting QB back from COVID retreat? What a CROCK OF ****!!!!!

I'm beginning to think you Patriot paranoiacs are onto something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There hasn’t been one instance of transmission on the football field. As long as sick Titans players aren’t in the visitors locker room coughing up a storm just prior to the Bills entering they will be fine. Not saying it’s optimal at all but if you are going to play games you have to accept some risk and so far playing football on the field seems extremely low. The only way to get to zero risk is to not play games.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Forgive me if this was covered earlier. I don't have time to check.

I'm not one who buys into too many conspiracy theories, but isn't it a bit too convenient that the Patriots keep getting their games postponed, when the thing they need most right now is time to get their starting QB back from COVID retreat? What a CROCK OF ****!!!!!

I'm beginning to think you Patriot paranoiacs are onto something.

It does make me scratch my head when the Pats have their outbreaks mostly contained (outside, you know, two of their best players) but keep getting postponements. Meanwhile, despite Tennessee being a plague ship and still unable to open their facilities, putting their ability to host games in jeopardy, it's full steam ahead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Even if this game goes ahead I have a horrible feeling about it. 

That's because you're accustomed to Bills teams of the past.  The kind of teams that lose critical games to the other guys' backups and generally come up small at the worst possible times.  Thankfully I think those days are behind us -- from the coaching staff to the QB on down, this seems like a team that's going to be ready to play no matter what.  

I mean, you could tell Josh Allen that the game has been moved to tomorrow morning, in the parking lot of the abandoned drive-in two towns over, and the first words out of his mouth would be "Who needs a ride?"

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Mods, is this a record thread?

And, 160 pages and we still really know nothing.

giphy-downsized.gif

Were playing the Titans Tuesday at 7. That's all ya really need to know for now til inactives are named right before the game. Really like any other game, other than its on a Tuesday. 

Edited by Bferra13

19 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

That's because you're accustomed to Bills teams of the past.  The kind of teams that lose critical games to the other guys' backups and generally come up small at the worst possible times.  Thankfully I think those days are behind us -- from the coaching staff to the QB on down, this seems like a team that's going to be ready to play no matter what.  

I mean, you could tell Josh Allen that the game has been moved to tomorrow morning, in the parking lot of the abandoned drive-in two towns over, and the first words out of his mouth would be "Who needs a ride?"

I mean Titans could win this game but I am over that, I am more worried about the team getting the virus.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Mods, is this a record thread?

And, 160 pages and we still really know nothing.

giphy-downsized.gif

Yeah, when a thread hits this many pages in PPP you at least know everyone involved is an idiot. ;)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And now for something completely different...

The Sabres pulled a coup tonight signing Taylor Hall, the consensus top free agent in the NHL. They were the last team anyone expected to sign him. They were the last team Hall was expected to join because he said he was looking to play for a winner.

But apparently to things attracted him. 1) Playing with Jack Eichel, and 2) Playing for head coach Ralph Krueger again. He played for RK in Edmonton and he was his favorite coach.

It was an incredible move by new GM Kevyn Adams, who just this morning Mike Harrington in the Buffalo News declared was D.O.A. based on day one of free agency, were he basically signed a couple depth players, while letting 2 players Jason Botterill traded for just walk out the door for nothing. A real mic drop moment.

Let's hope Kevyn Adams pulled a Brandon Beane and got a Diggs for his Allen.

Here's hoping

I concur but why only 1 year? Signed Girgs for 3.....

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I concur but why only 1 year? Signed Girgs for 3.....

Because w/ covid uncertainty the dollars weren’t there.  This is a “bet on yourself” deal for Hall that opens the door to a long-term deal later.  Both Adams and Hall said a one-year contract isn’t the long-term goal.  Allows the team and player to develop a relationship as well.  Great, great signing.

• Like (+1) 2